Four Letter Word.

here goes nothing.

“So, what are you two doing for Christmas?”

Aly shrugged even though he couldn’t see her, not sure how to answer — mostly because she didn’t know what she was doing herself. With a sigh, she laid back on her bed and stared up at the ceiling.

“Not sure. Maybe go to my family party then have dinner at his house. You?”

It’s been quite a while since Halloween, and Christmas was nearing in just one week. She kept in contact with Liam, the guy who walked her home. To her surprise, he and Harry knew each other, causing her to keep in contact with Harry as well, fearing it might’ve been rude if she dropped one person but kept talking to the other.

So here she was, a week before Christmas, on the phone with Harry. The two had grown closer. They were much closer than Leena and Aly at the moment, since Leena had decided to claim Jake as her new best friend. It wasn’t as if Aly minded. She trusted the two, and it’s not like she would’ve enjoyed doing what they were doing anyway.

Jake and Leena loved parties and being social whilst Aly would much rather sit at home and read a nice book (she was reading the Lover’s Dictionary at the moment, since she was waiting for the next installment of the Immortals series to be available in her local library) whilst sipping her French Vanilla Chai tea. She enjoyed the simple life, rather than the extraordinary life that her boyfriend and best friend seemed to be living.

Though she must admit, she does often have dreams of being somebody that mattered with her name in lights, her latest mess-up on the cover of every magazine, her hunk of a boyfriend (which could or could not be Jake, depending on how he would handle the fame) right next to her in every photo. That was the lifestyle she dreamed of, but never bothered acting upon. Besides, she was happy with her life.

“I’m going back home,” Harry answered after a minute of comfortable silence. Though the two have been talking nonstop, they never bothered to set up a date so the two could finally meet. They figured that it’ll happen when it happens. Aly would never admit it, but she was dying to meet him face to face. After all, when she and Jake had their biggest and most recent fight — which only happens once in a while — Harry was there to calm her down and feed her relaxing words of comfort. He did much more than Leena ever did. “It’s whatever, Aly. I mean, you two are gonna make up soon or something. I wouldn’t cry over it. Now let’s go! Victoria’s Secret’s gonna be packed by the time we get there!” It would be nice to meet her stranger of a best friend in real life.

“Oh? Sounds great,” she mumbled. “Tell your momma I said hello.”

“Are you okay?” Harry asked, his voice laced with concern. “You haven’t been yourself. At least, it doesn’t sound like it. Either you’re tired — which we both know you’re not because it’s only 6PM and around this time, you’re up playing Just Dance 4 with your little brother — or you’re just… meh. I’m gonna say you’re feeling a bit ‘meh’ at the moment.”

Aly rolled her eyes, cuddling into her giant pillow. She wasn’t even sure what was bothering her at the moment. Well, she had a hint, but she refused to accept the fact that he was the one who was making her act like this.

“Aly, c’mon. Just tell me. Please?”

“It’s you,” she stated, bluntly. “I don’t want you leaving before I had a chance to meet you. We’ve been in the same general area for almost two months, yet we haven’t had a chance to meet yet. I know it’s the dumbest thing ever, but it’s pissing me off. And I probably sound like Lacey while she’s at her clingiest state, but still. I just kinda wanna give my new best friend a hug or something before he leaves.”

Harry sighed and Aly knew she said too much. Then again, he did practically beg for her to tell him. “Al, you know I can’t… I mean, I want to, but I can’t.”

“Yeah, yeah. It’s whatever. Look, I gotta finish this book ‘cause it’s due tomorrow. I’ll call you later or something. Bye.”

Before he even had a chance to reply, she hung up the phone and placed it on her nightstand, next to her laptop.

×××


The next morning, she woke up with two new text messages.

From: Old-Man Harry
Message: Uhhhhh, movies at 6:45. We’re watching Pitch Perfect.

From: Old-Man Harry
Message: And no, I assure you I’m not an old rapist who’s trying to lure you in. I actually haven’t seen that movie and I know you wouldn’t hesitate to see it a fourth time. So be there or be square. PS, this is your early Christmas present. But I mean, there’s more to it. xx

Aly smiled softly, rolling her eyes. She quickly checked the time, realizing that she overslept and it was already 2PM. She still had chores to do, ask her mom for a ride or something, and get ready.

Walking around downstairs, she saw that the house was empty. A note on the fridge caught her eye. ‘Aly, your dad and I dropped off your little brother at Samantha’s house for a play-date, and we’re going off Christmas shopping and having dinner. We’ll be back at maybe 10. There’s some money on the counter for you. xoxox Mom’

To: Old-Man Harry
Message: No ride. You should’ve planned this one out better, Harold. :P

From: Old-Man Harry
Message: Shut up. Text me your address and I’ll pick you up. :) Be ready by 4:30 ‘cos I’m hungry for some Italian. My treat!

Aly texted back with a smiley face before shrugging off her chores and going straight to the shower to get ready. Knowing it’s their first time meeting face to face, she wanted to look perfect. It wasn’t merely to impress Harry (she kept repeating to herself that she had no reason to impress him, since he was just a friend and she wasn’t the least bit interested in him in that way. Besides, she had a lovely boyfriend), but looking her best made her feel confident and it just made her feel better.

Thirty minutes later, she stepped out of her shower and put some lotion on. Deciding to look like she at least tried a bit, she put on some tights and a long sweater before applying her makeup. {x} Grabbing her rings, she quickly put them on and strapped in her heels before wrapping a scarf around her neck and snatching her purse. By the time she was finished, the time read 4:27. Just in time.

Hearing a honk outside, she gasped. Butterflies filled her stomach and she was more than ready to vomit due to her nervousness. “Here goes nothing,” she mumbled before walking down the stairs and opening her front door, preparing herself for whatever might happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I SWEAR, I'M THE WORST WHEN IT COMES TO UPDATES! :( I'm so sorry! Thank you all for subscribing and commenting. You guys are the best. <3 I've just honestly lost interest in this story.

The only reason I found some inspiration (though this chapter did suck and I kinda ended it with a cliff hanger) was because I got back into reading. I started reading the Immortals series by Alyssa Noel and the Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan. :) I'm trying to get my hands on some John Green books too hehe. Ooh, and the Uglies series. Yup.

Anyway, feel free to comment and subscribe and I just might love you forever. Lalala, my twitter link is here if you ever feel like following me and sending me a tweet or two about updating or something ;) Or if you just wanna talk! :D

I'm also probably starting a different story that I will most likely be way more interested in soon 'cause er... I have a problem with starting stories. Whoops. I hope you guys stick around to read it!
xoxo, Honey