Status: Hiatus

Things They Don't See

Abby Grey's life has taken a bit of a downward spiral. She's stuck with her new stepmom, Annie, on a trip to a popular Civil War battlefield to tour, her boyfriend dumped her the moment she confided in him about her reservations about her stepmom, and she's going to be stuck in a stupid, supposedly haunted inn/inn room for a whole summer with her stepmom while she researches for a story she is planning to write -just the way Abby wanted to spend her summer. When they arrive, they find themselves at the Andrew Phippen Inn in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Nothing is what she expected. There's so much to do in the area that she starts forgetting about her anger towards her stepmom and starts living. Then, on a clear night, Abby meets, rather sees, someone she'll never forget. He didn't even give her fright She doesn't know who he is or where he's from, but she does know she wants to see him again and talk to him. The more she sees him, the more frustrated she gets that he won't talk to her. Abby eventually finds herself at the front desk asking if there are any other teenagers her. When the people at the front desk tell her no, she's shocked, and she tells them about the things she's been seeing. Now, the shock is on them. They tell her the stories about the teenage soldier named Eli Phippen, Andrew Phippen's son, who haunts the grounds and only shows himself to people he's interested in when they least expect it. This is where Eli lived...and where he died, too. They tell her of the wounds he received at the Battle of Gettysburg, how he was brought back to his house after he requested it, and how he died with his family by his side. Now, this has Abby intrigued. She wants to know more...everything about Eli. And she gets her chance...after the sink turns on.