Status: This is sad!

The Definition of Love

October 9th, 2012

I boarded the plane. Today my album was released in stores. Hard to believe I had made it this far. It was really impossible that I was living my dream. She would've been so proud to have seen me.

"She" was a fifteen year old girl I met in high school. "She" was a girl who had me captivated from day one. Her soft smile and faithful attitude. She helped me. I never mention her anymore.

Her name was Sasha Marie Daughtry. She was well liked in school. I remember her tutoring me frequently. She always had a smile on her face... Even until the end. See... She had leukemia. She was in and out of school and when she was, I always made an attempt to see her. Always. I didn't care if it meant walking out of class.

I came to when the plane landed. Slim, my best friend, tapped my shoulder.

"Planes landed. We're home," he smiled.

I grabbed my bag and slowly walked off the plane. My daughter was waiting for me. I picked her up and kissed her.

"I missed you," she giggled.

"I love you," I smiled.

I had everything I could want, but Sasha. I missed her quite often. I never had the chance to tell her a lot of things... I would give it all to have one more day. Until then, I will just sit back and enjoy that today would be her 21st birthday. I'd take a flower to her graved tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapters tell their story.