Status: This is sad!

The Definition of Love

Summer Break

I walked across the beach. It was warm. I had just gotten my first tattoo. I was in such a good mood. Sasha was too. She was in a light blue summer dress. The wind was blowing through her dark hair. She looked so pretty.

"It's hard to believe that my mom trusts you enough to let you take me out everywhere," I smiled.

"I can't believe it either. Shit. I'm shocked she's letting you date me," her eyes sparkled.

"Me too," she pulled out of my arms and towards the beach.

I took out my camera and took a picture of her. The sun had hit her face just right. She looked like an angel standing in the water. The waves were rolling up her ankles.

"Sasha," she turned and smiled at me.

"Colson," she winked.

"Flirt," she bent over.

The hem of her dress had barely touched the water. She looked so innocent.

"Totally. I'm the quietest and most innocent girl you'll ever meet," I rolled my eyes.

She stood up and took my hands. she pulled me into the water with her. The water was cool. It was soothing compared to the sun.

I cupped her face in my hands and pressed my lips to her forehead. I felt her arms grab my biceps.

"Kiss me," she sighed.

I pressed my lips to hers. Her lips were so soft and warm. They fit perfect against mine. It was just like how her body fit perfectly in line with mine, and how her fingers were made to fit in between mine. It was like a spark of wholeness fit inside of me. She was my wholeness.

A week later... I found out my worst nightmare.

~

I woke up. All I heard was a retching sound.

"You still won't tell him," I heard her mom talking.

"Tell me what?" I stood in the doorway of the bathroom.

Sasha had drool in the corner of her mouth. Her nose was slightly bloody again.

"I'm sorry," her mom snuck out.

"I have APL. It's cancer," Sasha looked so vulnerable.

Then it hit me. That's why she was so little. That's why she was rarely at school. She was sick. She didn't want to tell me.

"Why wouldn't you tell me?" I felt my knees give.

"I was scared. It's hard Cole. I want to be here. I want to watch you perform. I want to... I want to do everything with you," she was crying.

I pulled her into my chest and we sat there. I hadn't realized I was in tears, until she kissed them away. I knew from then on... I only had a short amount of time with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next one consists of mushy sappy crap. Just a warning.