Status: This is sad!

The Definition of Love

The Definition of Love

I sat up. It was cold in my room. It was freezing.

"Fuck!" I wrapped myself up in my blanket and walked down the stairs.

"Who's Sasha?" I looked at Slim.

"No one. Why?" I felt my heart wanting to tear.

He handed me a picture of a girl. It was the picture of Sasha in the water.

"This is Sasha Daughtry. She died your junior year. Why didn't you tell me she was this hot!" I snatched the picture and stared at him.

"Shut up," I sat down on the couch.

"Whoa. Did you just freak out on me over a girl?" he pressed his hand against my forehead.

"Yes I did. Sasha wasn't just the girly girl in my grade. She was the girl I gave my v-card too and the girl that really... Really gave a shit. She wasn't my girlfriend, but I loved her," Slim's eyes went wide.

"Machine Gun Kelly was in love?" he laughed.

I rolled my eyes and snuggled deeper into my blanket. I closed my eyes and went back to sleep.

~

It was about a month into our Junior year. Sasha had become a shell of a girl. She was so tiny and so frail.

"Kells?" she motioned for me to come to her bedside.

She had finally gotten a break from pain. It was nice to see her smiling.

"I'm shocked you even want me here," I took her fingers and laced them through mine.

"Why wouldn't I? You brighten up my day. You make my life just a bit more brighter. If I wouldn't have met you... I don't think I would've lived this long," she smiled.

It was so bright. Her teeth were perfectly white. She had this cute dimple in her cheek that I just noticed. It was so... She was so happy.

"I meant..." I sniffled and wiped my eyes.

"It's okay. I'm not scared. I wasn't scared the night I gave you my virginity," she giggled.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at her.

"I'd be scared if I was you," I climbed onto the bed with her.

She pulled me against her chest and smiled.

"I knew the only reason you wouldn't say you love me is because you knew you were going to lose me. I love you though, and I know you love me," I kissed her.

"I do!" I pulled her tightly against me and cried. Sobs racked my body.

She had held me throughout that moment. I still remember the feel of her fingers.

~

Her last words to me were "I believe in you. If you tell anyone about me, don't say my name. Just call me the Angel. I don't need you to fuss after I'm gone. I want you to always remember me as the chick who took your virginity and the first girl you fell in love with. I hope you have a daughter and get married soon. I love you Colson Baker. Never forget me."

She passed away that night. She taught me a great deal about myself and I was thankful for that. She never gave up on me. She always knew what I was feeling and when I was about to freak on someone. She is my definition of love.