Status: in the works (:

There's Faith in Love

Ch. 1

I was in the process of sewing the finishing touches to a dress I was working on when my phone started to ring. “Coming!” I mumbled with a mouthful of pins. I shook my head and laughed when I realized what I had done. Of course my phone isn’t going to respond to that. I quickly spat out the pins and set them down before running to answer. “Hello?” I finally answered, my breathing a little fast from having to run and ninja jump over furniture and the couch to reach it.

“Kelsey? You okay? You sound like you’ve been running a marathon or something.” My best friend laughed on the other end of the line.

“I was working on a dress that someone ordered when you called. I had to run to the living room all ninja status to get to the damn phone. Fuck I need to start working out more, I’m so out of shape.” I explained and fell back on the couch to sit comfortably with my legs propped up on the coffee table. “But what’s up?” I asked.

“You know how I’m leaving to help my brothers band out by doing merch and shit on their upcoming tour, well Fran-” I groaned.

“You know you don’t have to keep repeating it to me. It only depresses me more and more as days pass knowing you’re abandoning me soon!” I began to fake sob dramatically. I was sad knowing I’d be without my terror twin for a few months.

“Bitch, shut up and let me finish what I was saying!” she half screamed making me cringe and pull the phone away from my ear.

“Fuck! Don’t scream like that! My ear’s probably bleeding now.”

“Sorry, didn’t mean to. But as I was saying before you so rudely interrupted me, the other guy Frank who was going to help me, he had to quit! So now we’re looking for someone else. Cool thing is, I talked to Vic and Mike about just taking you with us instead and they said yes! Since ya know, we’re inseparable and I don’t want you all pissed that I’m leaving you.” My eyes widened at what she had said.

“Oh my god Rina you fucking rock!” I squealed happily.

“I know, I know.” we both laughed. “So what are you doing later?” she asked changing subjects.

“Nothing, probably order pizza since I’m too lazy to cook anything.”

“Hold on, I’m about to kick Jaime and Tony’s ass!” she mumbled angrily and I just laughed. Those two had a habit of always pissing her off. “Tony you fucking asshole! Te voy agarrar a chingasos si no te callas! Tu tambien Jaime! Hijos de su chingada madre.” I started to laugh hysterically at her outburst. I knew shit was serious when she started to curse in Spanish. I could hear Tony and Jaime scream and several smacks. (I’m going to beat your ass if you don’t shut up! You too Jaime! Son of a fucking bitch.)

“Durina ya dejalos en paz.” I could hear her mom now. (Durina leave them alone.)

“Ellos empezaron todo! Diles que me dejen sola! Estoy hablando con Kelsey mami y me estan molestando.” (They started it! Tell them to leave me alone! I’m talking to Kelsey mom and they're bugging me.)

“Ya son adultos y siguen actuando como si todavia fueran niños!” (You’re adults and you keep acting as if you were still children.)

“Sorry about that.” she mumbled as I heard a door slam shut.

“Let me guess, Jaime and Tony pissed you off?”

“When do they ever not piss me off? Anyways what I was going to say was you should come over for dinner! My moms been asking for you and the guys are all here to practice and talk about the tour.”

“Those two, we should beat their asses again.” I laughed. “But hell yeah! Your mom’s food is fucking heavenly! I should be finished with the dress soon and I’ll head over there.”

“Alright. See you in a bit then.” I said bye and we hung up. The excitement of knowing I’d be going on tour with them was making me extremely giddy and happy. Durina and I had just graduated from fashion school a month back so getting to travel and just have fun on the road would be great. We really needed a break from all the sewing, designing and managing the clothing line we started. Her brothers were basically like my brothers as well, seeing as we all grew up together.

I walked back to the dress and added the last bit of studs the buyer requested and voila! I was done! I headed upstairs and picked out an outfit before quickly showering. Once done I slipped into my shoes, grabbed my keys and purse and I was gone.

“Hello?” Durina answered her phone just as I was turning down her street.

“I’m here bitch!” I laughed as I parked in her driveway and hung up. Moments later the front door swung open and Durina walked out after screaming into the house at Jaime to shut up. I shook my head and laughed as I approached her.

“Finally! I need your help taming these assholes.” she sighed loudly as we headed inside the house.

“Sup fuckers?!” I yelled as we entered the living room where all the guys were sitting and playing video games.

“Guera!!!!” They all yelled my nickname. I walked over to Tony and Jaime and punched their arms.

“What the fuck?!” Jaime groaned and rubbed his arm.

“What was that for?” Tony said before pouting at me.

“That’s for fucking with my hooker.” I said with a smirk before walking with Durina into the kitchen.

“Amaaa!” we both yelled and giggled after. Her mother instantly spun around from where she stood cooking and smiled.

“Ay mija! Que bueno es verte!” she smiled and pulled me into a hug. (Oh sweetheart! It’s good to see you!) I just smiled, nodded and hugged her back. From the many years of knowing Durina I’ve learned to understand and speak a little Spanish. Afterwards she ushered us out of the kitchen so she could get back to her cooking.

“What’s she making?” I asked. The aromas from the food was already mouthwatering.

“Chiles rellenos. She always kicks us out when she’s about to prepare the egg whites.”

“Fuck yes! Those things are bomb!“ I said as we made our way to the living room.

“Now what are you losers doing?” Rina said as we both sat on one of the couches next to her brother Mike. Vic and Tony were yelling and arguing with each other as they played Mortal Kombat. Tony was obviously winning with Sub-Zero as his character of choice and Vic losing with Scorpion. I shook my head. Scorpion is totally beast if used correctly. After their final round Tony jumped up from where he sat and grinned widely at Vic whom sat there with a pissed off look due to his loss.

“I play winner!” I said and smirked towards Rina and Mike. When it came to this game, we were experts thanks to Mike. He taught us everything we knew about games. We totally went Obi wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker when it came to this.

“Time to kick some ass Guerita, you are now ready my young grasshopper.” Mike said totally serious.

“I’ll make you proud Master.” we laughed and I walked over to take Vic’s seat. “Just because you won Vic doesn’t mean you’ll beat me. So don’t get all cocky on me.” he smiled and my heart fluttered slightly. I shook it off and continued. He ended up choosing Sub-Zero again and me being a girl, of course I wanted Kitana. Our matches went by in a blur. I of course won both with ease. In the end Tony sat there with his mouth hanging open as I winked and walked away. Mike hi-fived me as I took my seat.

“I bet you I can beat all your asses!” Jaime suddenly shouted as he looked around the room.

“Wanna find out?” Durina said as she grabbed the control from a still stunned Tony.

“You’re on!” Jaime accepted and they both began their matches. Jaime chose Reptile and Durina chose Maleena. The first round Jaime won, and I know Durina did that on purpose.

“Oh! Now what sucka! You’re totally going to lose! Lelo lerro, lelo lerro.” he taunted and started to poke her.

“I wouldn’t start celebrating victory just yet. We still have another round babe.” she said maliciously. The second round started up and it was no mercy. Before Jaime could even blink he was out. Durina laughed as the third and final round started. Jaime at this point was just hysterically pushing every button on the control hoping to bust a move that could help him. Everyone was laughing at his failed attempt. “Kiss your ass goodbye.” Durina said and finished him off with a kick ass combo move. “Who’s the sucka now son?!” she smacked his head and everyone laughed as he sat there speechless.

“Ya niños! A comer!” (Okay children! Time to eat!) at those magic words we all got up and practically ran for the kitchen, the game forgotten for now. I sat in between Durina and Tony and my mouth was watering as I stared at the table full of the Chiles Rellenos, rice, beans, this amazing tomato sauce his mother made using thyme and other spices as a topping for the Chiles and a few different drink options. I suddenly felt like I haven’t eaten in days. Hands flew in every direction grabbing food and the lemonade there was. Once I had my plate I dug in. I closed my eyes and more than likely moaned at how good it tasted. Tony sat beside me and laughed at my reaction.

“Leave me to my food asshole.” I elbowed him and laughed. By the end of dinner everyone sat around patting their stomachs in satisfaction. “Holy fuck I’m never eating again.” I mumbled.

“Yeah right, I bet you’re gonna wanna eat that flan she made for desert later.” Durina said with a raised eyebrow.

“Well ya know, I can go run a few laps outside really quick.” I said causing everyone to laugh.

“Since we’re all here might as well say a few things. Bus gets here at five tomorrow morning.” Vic said to everyone.

“Holy fuck five?!” Durina said with wide eyes.

“If we wanna make the first date of tour yes.” Mike said rolling his eyes.

“I’m so not gonna wanna wake up at the ass crack of dawn.”

“We’ll wake your ass up if you don’t!” Tony smiled wickedly.

“If you so much as touch my fucking blanket Antonio I will murder you!” I said with a evil smirk of my own. He hated when he was called by his full name. He mumbled something under his breath and I only raised my eyebrow and shook my head.

“I guess I should head home, pack some shit and just spend the night here. I know if I sleep at my house I really won’t wake myself up.”

“Want me to go with you and help?” Durina asked and I nodded.

“Yeah please? You can also help me package and mail out the dress orders since we’re not going to be able to do them after today.” she nodded. After thanking her mom for the food we left to my place to pack. I pulled into my drive way and rolled my eyes when I saw my dad was actually home. Durina noticed and hugged me before we walked into the house. I knew my dad would be in his room so I quickly gathered all of my sewing tools and material before heading up to my room.

“Kelsey is that you?” his voice echoed through the empty house.

“Yeah dad, it’s me.” I answered and walked into my room. I neatly folded the dress and went through the careful process of putting it in the proper package for mailing before setting it with the rest of the orders that would be going out.

“Where do we start?” Durina said looking around my room. This was going to be tricky.

“What should I take? Dresses? Heels? Skirts or shorts?” I kneeled on the floor and reached for my suitcase that lay under my bed. I went to my closet and with Durina’s help we managed to pack all the necessities a girl would need for every occasion. Of course I ended up with two suit cases and another small bag with makeup, flat iron, curling wand, shampoo, and other necessary toiletries.

“Oh my god we’re finally done!” Durina yelled and fell face down on my bed.

“I never want to have to do this again. That was torture.” I laughed and reached for my phone when I felt it vibrate in my back pocket. I opened the text and saw it was from Tony.

You guys done yet? We want to have a game of soccer at the park before we leave, if you’re down ;)

I quickly replied back.

We just finished. We just need to mail out the orders and we're heading back. And you already know I can never turn down a game of soccer ;}

“Tortuga just texted me.”

“What did he say?” Durina asked turning on her back and looking at me.

“If we were done and the guys want to play a match of soccer at the park.” I smiled. Soccer was always fun to play.

“Let’s go!” she jumped up from the bed and we each took a suit case and I had the small bag of my things as well. We arranged them in the trunk of my car so they fit before going back to get the boxes of dress orders to mail out. I was almost out the door when my dad stopped me.

“Where are you going?”

“Over to Durina’s house. Her brothers band is going to tour and I was asked to help out.”

“You can’t go.” he shook his head.

“Of course I can. I’m an adult, I don’t need you telling me what I can and can’t do.” I left before he could tell me another word. I put the boxes in the back seat and we were off to mail the orders before heading to Durina’s house. I couldn’t wait to start this tour and get my mind off of things for a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Always wanted to write something with Pierce The Veil (: well here it is! First chapter down! Second is coming soon. What do you guys think? Let me know!

Kelsey's outfit
Durina's outfit