Status: in the works (:

There's Faith in Love

Ch. 4

It’s been one week. One long, tension filled week. Warped was coming along amazing besides the face that Kelsey and Tony still haven’t said a word to each other since the incident with Whitney. I hate that blonde bitches guys, thank god she’s gone. It’s because of her that my two best friends resent each other. I feel like I haven’t seen Kelsey in days. She’s grown distant and I hate this, I hate not being able to talk to her. I’m so confused right now and the one person I need to talk to isn't here. I heard footsteps walking past my bunk, I peeked my head out from behind the curtain and saw it was Tony.

“Hey Turtle!” I hopped out of the bunk. “Is everything okay?” I asked. He looked kind of down.

“Yeah, I just have a lot on my mind, that’s all.” he sighed sitting in his bunk.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” I didn't want to be too pushy. It took him a moment before he finally spoke.

“I ended things with Whitney. I guess she was cheating on me this whole time.” I might have seen a tear fall from his eye but I wasn't sure.

“I’m sorry.” I said placing my hand on his knee. “You don’t need someone like her. She doesn't deserve you.” I told him.

“Funny thing is, I kind of already knew. I guess I didn't want it to be true.” he was silent for a bit. “I have to find Kelsey. I have to apologize for blowing up on her.”

“Good luck with that one.” I said. “Tonight is the BBQ, I’ll help you talk to her. We all know how stubborn she is. I don’t blame her and I don’t mean to hurt your feelings but you really broke her heart Tone.”

“I know.” he said looking down.

“Hey, one way or another, she needs to hear your apology. It’ll be okay.”

“You always know the right thing to say, Rina. Any guy would be dumb to pass up a girl like you.” Tony kissed my forehead and went to the back lounge. I got up, grabbing my phone out of my bunk and headed to the front. Vic and Jaime sat laughing about some nonsense.

“What time do you guys play?” I asked.

“Three fifteen.” Vic said.

“Got it. Well I’m going to head out and set up the merch table. I’ll see you guys later.”

“Want some help?” Jaime asked.

“Sure, Kelsey’s no where to be found. An extra pair of hands will help.” I smiled. Jaime stood up, grabbing his sunglasses and followed me.

“Hey if you guys see Mike, let him know what time we play!” Vic yelled after us.

“We will!” I yelled back. “Oh my god it’s so hot!” I said as soon as we were off the bus.

“It’s Arizona, what did you expect?” Jaime said laughing.

“And yet you still wear dark jeans.”

“Oh come on, when have you ever seen me in shorts?” he said with a raised eyebrow.

“At pool parties, dun!” I shot back and laughed.

“Fine, you win!” he laughed. We got to our table and began setting things up, placing set times and signing times on a big white poster board. I don’t know what this meant but I was really enjoying time with Jaime.

“Hey, I want to apologize for the other night when I got off the phone.” I looked at Jaime. “Jessica and I are trying to work things out and she just makes me so angry sometimes.” I was a little bummed to hear that him and Jessica were still going together.

“Don’t worry about it.” I’m like everyone’s fucking therapist. “What were you two fighting about exactly?” I don’t know if I wanted to know but I asked anyway. Jessica is a cheater, and I still can’t figure out why he’s still with her.

“I really don’t want to talk about it right now. It’ll sour my mood.” he said and I nodded. “So are you going with anybody to the BBQ tonight?”

“Nope, riding solo.” I said.

“You want to go together?” I might have died a million times but I’m sure it was just a friendly gesture. I don’t want to get my hopes up. I guess I was dumb enough to ever think that Jaime and I could ever have something.

“Uh, yeah I’d love to.” I smiled. Jaime smiled back at me, that breathtaking smile of his.

“Okay, great! Well I’m going to head over to do sound check.” I nodded and watched him walk away.

“What’s that smile for?” someone said beside me. I already knew who it was.

“Nothing. Where the hell have you been dude? I feel like I don’t even see you anymore and we sleep on the same bus!” I said sitting in the chair.

“I’m sorry.” her face fell. “I just can’t stand Tony being angry with me. It hurts Rina.”

“I know, but maybe if you just try talking to him again. Explain what happened?” Kelsey sat in the seat next to me. “Tony finally realized what a skank bitch Whitney truly was.” there was a hint of light in her eyes, but it was gone much to quickly.

“He broke my heart when he chose to believe her over me, and I don’t think he realizes it.” she said shaking her head. That was the end of our conversation about Tony.

“You going to the BBQ tonight?” I asked.

“No, I’m probably just going to stay in tonight.” Okay, that wasn’t like Kelsey. She was a social butterfly.

“Are you sure?” I asked. She just nodded and smiled. Definitely not the Kelsey I know.

“So, I noticed you and Jaime have been hanging out a lot lately.” She winked at me. “He really likes you, Rina.”

“I highly doubt that dude.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Okay, say what you will but Jaime is in love with you.” Kelsey said smiling. I shook my head. One could only wish right? The rest of the day went by pretty smoothly, sold lots of merch and met tons of new friends.

Nightfall came around, Kelsey and I started packing things up as some of the guys took the tent down. Kelsey and I made our way to the bus so I could get cleaned up and ready for the BBQ. The guys were gone already except for Mike. He and Kelsey made this weird eye contact, like I can’t explain the vibe I got around those two. I ignored them and went back to grab a change of clothes and headed to the bathroom. I quickly changed and fixed my makeup and hair before saying bye to Kelsey.

“You sure you don’t want to come?” I asked her for the last time, hoping I could get her out knowing Tony really wanted to talk to her.

“Nah, I’m not in the mood for socializing tonight.” she was laying in her bunk with a book and a movie playing.

“Alright, well I’m off then. See you later.” she smiled and waved quickly before turning back to her book. I walked towards the door and stopped when I saw Mike sitting there.

“Aren’t you going to the BBQ?” I asked my brother. Odd of him to miss a night of beer and music.

“Yeah, I’ll go later though.” I nodded and walked off the bus. As soon as I got to the party, I walked towards the group of people grabbing a beer out of the bucket. Vic, Jaime, Tony, and the Sleeping With Sirens boys were all standing in a group.

“Hey guys!”

“Hey, where’s white girl?” Jaime asked. I smacked his arm.

“She stayed on the bus.” I could see Tony’s smile fell, I felt so bad because only I knew how sorry he was.

“She’s such a party pooper.” I shrugged my shoulders and took a sip of my beer.

“Alright, where’s the food? I’m starved!” I said rubbing my tummy.

“Come on, I’ll take you.” Jaime said grabbing my hand in his. I’m so confused right now, like what does this mean? Is he still with Jessica or not?

“So…” I said still holding Jaime’s hand.

“I need your opinion on something.” he said.

“What’s up?” he let go of my hand once we reached the keg.

“So, there’s this girl. She’s drop dead gorgeous, I’ve known her for quite a while now. She makes me smile, and makes my heart skip beats like crazy! Now that I’m not with Jess anymore, I really want to be with her. What do I do?” my heart fell hearing all of this from him. I was glad to hear he and Jessica were no longer together, but now he likes someone else? Might as well throw my heart on the ground and let him step on it.

“I say, go with whatever your heart tells you. If you feel it’s right, then make your move.” I smiled weakly.

“You’re right. I’m just going to go for it. Hopefully she feels the same way.“ I nodded. I really have to stop being everyone’s fucking therapist. I quickly drank the remainder beer that I had in my cup and refilled it. I had a feeling it was going to be one of those nights where beer was my friend.

“Hey you two! Let’s play some beer pong!” Jesse from Sleeping With Sirens came up to us.

“You guys go ahead, I have to go find Tony anyways.” I saw Jaime’s smile fall slightly, although I had no idea why. He had mystery girl to go chase. Jaime looked like he was going to tell me something but Jesse grabbed his arm and dragged him away. I sighed turning around. “Turtle!” I yelled as I saw him walking in the direction towards the buses. “Where are you headed?”

“I need to talk to Kels.” I nodded and followed him to the bus. We walked in to an empty front room. There was music blasting in the back.

“She must be in the back.” I said more to myself than Tony. We followed the music and as soon as we hit the back lounge door, I heard muffled moans. I gave Tony a confused look and opened the door. There she was, straddling my brother Mike with his hands all over her. They were both topless. I couldn't believe what I was seeing right now. Mike and Kelsey had the look of deer’s caught in headlights when they noticed us.

“What the fuck Kelsey?!” I yelled. I could see Tony clench his fist and charge towards Mike. Kelsey moved covering her top half as Tony punched Mike in the face before cussing like a sailor and storming off the bus. I just stared at the both of them. “I didn't expect this out of you Kelsey. Mike yeah, but not you. Do you want to know why Tone and I came to find you?” Mike was holding his bloody nose with his head tilted back. Kelsey just stared at the floor. “Tony loves you dude. He wanted you to know how sorry he was. My best friend and my brother? This is all fucked up.” That’s all I said and went to look for Tony.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, here's ya go! FINALLY! haha, sorry it's taking so long guys. There just isn't enough time to update as much as we'd like. But we don't want this to stay unwritten. So bare with us!