Status: Updates at least one's a week (on a bad week).

Best Intentions

Prologue

*Middle School*
Rian Dawson was in a hurry to get to class. Mr. Sanders wouldn't be too pleased that he was tardy for the nth time. He knew that he had to get on the teachers good sides if he wanted to graduate this school year and enter high school the next year.
He was like a tornado, going 25 miles per second. He didn't really care who or what got in his way as long as he was on time for Mr. Sanders, or Derek as most students would call him, class. Just ten meters away from the classroom and BAM! He ran into someone. Someone new. He knew she wasn't from around here, he hasn't seen her around. So he decided to do the right thing, stop and help her up. "Sorry! Oh my fucking God. I wasn't looking where I was going." He told her while helping her up.
"It's fine." She smiled at him
"I'm really sorry!" the boy repeated like she hadn't told him that she was fine.
"I'm fine really. No need to get pumped about it" she mumbled at him
"Sorry. I take it you're new here. I haven't seen you around. I'm Rian!" he beamed at her
"Taylor Jardine, nice to meet you!" she said
"you too, Taylor" the boy returned
"Uhm do you mind pointing me to the principal's office?" she asked
"Go straight, turn left, then go straight again, then turn right, then turn left then go straight then there you are " he explained.
"Thanks" said Taylor
"Wait, you know what, I have ten minutes to kill, I'll take you. It's the least I could do" He offered.
Rian knew that it wasn't really the best idea to bring her to the principal's office since he knew that he had only 10 minutes left 'til the bell rang, but he had to. It was the least he could do after knocking her down.
Once they got there they saw Principal Adrews' assistant.
"Hello Rian. What are you here for this time? Here to complain about no tater tots again?" she asked. Rian chuckled at the question. She was Ms. Meyers. She was in her late 50's and was single, which is why she treated every single student like her own.
"Not today Ms. M" he beamed at her.
"and what can I do for you, sweetie?" she asked Taylor with a genuine smile
"Uhm, I'm the new student. Taylor Jardine.." she answered.
"Ah I heard about you! Here's your schedule sweetie! Have a nice day!" she smiled at her. Tay smiled back.
Once they got out the door, she asked Rian why the assistant was so nice, because back where she lived her old principals assistant was a total bitch. He explained Ms. Meyers' story to her.
"i think i'm gonna like it here" she told Rian.
~~~~

Ten meters away and the bell had rung. He and Taylor shared first, second, fifth and seventh period together. They were ten minutes late for first period... Or Mr. Sanders' class. Rian knew he was a dead man. He envied Taylor at that moment. How he wished that he was a new student so that he was off the hook, even just this once. They finally entered class and Mr. Sanders wasn't very happy to see Rian.
"Well, well. Look who finally decided to join us. Take your seat Mr. Dawon" Derek told one of his most favorite, yet unruly students.
"Sorry sir. Won't happen again!" He promised
"Don't make promises you can't keep, Rian" the teacher said, making Rian look down with embarrassment.
"and who may you be?" Derek asked Taylor
"I'm Taylor Jardine, sir. The new student"
"Oh, take a seat in between Rian and Jack. Alex move to the seat infront of Taylor. The three of you put together in one isn't gonna be good for the whole class." he jokingly told Taylor, making the whole class chuckle.
"That's not fairrr! We got these seat fair and square!!" whined a tall lanky kid.
"Jack, shut up." teased Rian.
the kid said to be Jack pouted. and Alex moved to the seat in front of him so that Taylor could take a seat.
"Well hello there, I'm Jack and you're pretty" said jack gently grabbing her hands and kissing her knuckles. Taylor laughed at the kid's actions.
"Taylor, nice to meet you" she told him.
"Jack, stop scaring the new girl! Hi. I'm Alex, I'm guessing you're Taylor." Alex introduced himself.
"Taylor is too long, I'll call you Tay!" said Jack
"Tay it is then" Taylor told them.
And at that very moment Tay new that that was the start of something new. Something beautiful
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! Please forgive me. First fic ever. Hope you guys like this!