Status: Updates at least one's a week (on a bad week).

Best Intentions

Don't Give Up On Me Now

It's been 2 weeks since I told Alex the truth. Everything's been fine, a little awkward but fine. I would drop Rosie off at Alex's every Friday or he'd pick her up and he'd drop her off every Monday afternoon. Sometimes he'd even just stay at my place during the weekend. Today he was picking her up from my place.

It was about 8:30 in the morning when the doorbell rang and i knew it was Alex.
"Hey" I said as I opened the door
"Hey" he said pulling me into a hug
"Rosie's still sleeping, I'll wake her up" I said as I pulled away
"No. I was thinking maybe I could just spend the weekend here. You know, some family bonding time" he said. I chuckled
"Sure why not" I said still smiling. I let him in the apartment.
"I'll go wake Rosie up." I said
"No! I want to spend some time with you... Alone." Alex said with a smirk.
"Whatever, Gaskarth" I said smiling
"You know, hang out with my second favorite girl" he said winking
"Oh yeah? And who's the first?" I asked
"Rosie is, of course" he said
"Oh yeah." I said smiling at what he said.

We spent about 30 minutes just talking when Rosie woke up. Alex was in the kitched getting something to drink.
"Mommy, I'm hungry" Rosie said
"Well, good morning to you too!" I said smiling
"Good morning, mom" she said, making her way to sit on my lap
"What about me" Alex asked getting out of the kitchen
"Daddy!" she said leaving my lap and running towards Alex.
"Good morning, sweetheart" he said kissing her cheek. "Come on, I'll make you some cereal" he said while carrying her. She was small for a five year old. She looked like a 3 year-old. I only hope she gets a lot taller when she grows up. I followed them into the kitchen. Alex had already prepared some cereal for her. I stood in the doorway of the kitchen, watching as Alex and Rosie talked. It made my heart melt seeing the both of them like that. I take it that Alex noticed me just staring because he made his way to me.
"Can I talk to you?" he asked
"Yeah, sure. What about?" I asked back
"Is it okay if the guys take her for the day? They wanted to spend some time with the kid. And if it worries you, Cass will be there so it's okay. She basically Rosie's second mom" he said
"okay" I said smiling
"Okay. Great! Thanks!" he said.

Soon enough Rosie had finish eating.
"Go get ready kiddo! You're spending the day with Uncle Jack and the others" Alex said
"Yay!! Are you and mommy coming?" She asked
"No. Sorry sweetheart. You're mom and I are staying in today" he said.

~~~

Soon the guys and Cass came over to pick Rosie up. I opened the door.
"What's up Tayson! Where's little A and Alex?" Jack asked. Rosie looked so much like Alex that Jack had decided to call her 'Little A'
"In the living room" I said smiling as I made my way to the living room they were following me.

Rosie came running to Cass. Cass hasn't seen the kid in 1 week. I'm certain Rosie missed her because she just ran past Jack and Rian and headed towards Cass.
"oh so I guess little A didn't miss me!" Jack told Alex and I pouting. I chuckled.
"She isn't used to not seeing Cass in so long" I said. I'm pretty sure that Cass noticed how 'upset' Jack was because she whispered something into Rosie's ear and Rosie came running over to Jack. The height difference between the two made me laugh... And the fact that Rosie might be a little more mature than Jack.
"We better get going." Rian said holding Rosie's hand while Cass was holding her other hand.
"Okay. Bye, baby. Take care, okay?" I told Rosie
"Don't worry. I got her all taken care of" Cass said. I nodded
"I'll see you later, sweetheart" Alex told Rosie. I smiled.
"Bye mom! Bye daddy!" she said all giddy and excited
"I love you" I told her.
"I love you too, mommy!" she said. I bent down to kiss her cheek then I hugged her tightly.
"I love you. Behave, okay?" Alex whispered in her ear as he hugged her then kissed her cheek.

I talked to the guys about how much I trusted them with my daughter's life and not to do anything stupid. I didn't really need to talk to Cass about this. I knew how much she loved the kid. I knew that none of them would do anything stupid. They headed out and soon they were already driving away.

~~~

Alex and I watched a movie after they left. The movie ended so soon and Alex and I ended up talking about everything that's been happening lately. I was having a good time until a certain topic came up.
"This is hard work, you know. What you do... What we do" he said
"It is, isn't it?" I said
"I don't know how you can make it look so simple when it's not. It's much more complicated and you make it seem so easy" he said "And the constant worrying" I was annoyed by this. He didn't have the right to complain. I didn't ask for him to be here
"You don't have to be here, you know" I said in annoyance.
"It's not that I'm complaining. It's just.. It's a hard job to do" he said
"No you are." I said
"Tay" he said
"I didn't ask for you to be here" I said
"But you need me" he said
"That doesn't mean you want to. If you're gonna be here for her make sure that you actually want to. Otherwise I'd be forcing you. Which contradicts everything I stand up for. I'm not asking you to be here, Alex. No one is. In fact, I was begging you to leave, remember?" I said angrily
"Well, that's not what you said the night we made Rosie" he shot back.
"That's not fair!" I said
"You want to know what's not fair?" he said "The fact that that night you said you loved me and you probably don't even remember a thing about that night"
"Wrong again. I remember everything about that night." I told him "I could never have forgotten that because I meant everything I'd said to you that night."
"You are so messed up, Tay. One moment you say you love me the next you're telling me to leave" he said
"Then leave" I said
"No. I've put up with your shit way too long. There's no point in giving up now" he said
"You just don't give up, do you?" I shouted in frustration
"No, I don't. And You shouldn't either. And besides, you have no right to be upset with me right now! Last time I checked you were the one who didn't tell me I had a daughter." he said. I noticed that he had sent a text. Probably to Jack telling him to let Rosie sleep over at Cass' since we were fighting again and didn't want her to see us like this.
"Bring that up again?" I said "Fine, I'm a horrible person, happy?" I said
"No." he said
"What do you want from me, Alex?" I asked
"You said you love me. Prove it" he said taking a step forward. We were only half an inch apart now. I took a step back.
"I can't do this" I said
"What the fuck is the problem, Tay?" he asked in frustration
"We talked about this, Alex" I said
"No. You talked about this. You didn't give me the chance to talk and when you were done stating everything you walked out." he said
"You should've took that as a sign" I said
"Don't you get it I--" I didn't want to hear what he was supposed to say. I knew what he was gonna say and I didn't want to hear it so I cut him off by kissing him.

~~~

Things got pretty heated. Clothes were strewn all over the room. Everything was a mess. The night went by in a blur.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tay is so complicated gahh. She tries to continuously push Alex away. I hope you guys like this chapter! :)