Take Your Hand And Walk Away

Kay

I walked off the plane realizing for the first time I really didn’t have anywhere to go. I could always go home, but it was Zacky’s home too, and I knew that would be the first place they would look for me. Yet the idea of home felt so warm and safe I decided to go ahead and go there anyway.

I walked up the steps looking at the house that I had lived in for two years. It seemed different and unfamiliar. I chill ran down my spine as I pulled out the key from the bottom of my bag. I opened the door expecting to see someone there, but it was empty, and gloomy.

Zacky had been on tour for a long time and I went with him for a part of it. I liked the idea of being away from all my problems for a while. The house was empty, it felt nice to know that no one was there to judge me or remind me of Zacky or his dirty little secret.

I took a step inside looking around.

“It looks like a ghost lives here,” I muttered out loud.

“That’s what I was thinking, I didn’t think you would ever come back.”

I spun around to see our neighbor Kay. She looked the same as I remembered her. She was really old, I couldn’t even guess how old, but she was getting to the point of ancient. She was always critical, and never liked Zacky’s band, which made him never like her.

“Why wouldn’t I come back?” I asked deciding not to be friendly. Besides she was pretty much trespassing in my house, since I would never invite her in. Zacky would hate it if he knew.

“Well after everything that happened between you and Zacky,” she said. I looked at her suspiciously.

How much did she know ? She had no friends or family, she spent much of her time looking out the window. Was it possible that she knew more about the situation than I did?

“Nothing is up with me and Zacky,” I answered defensively.

“Right hunny,” she began, I was ready to scream at her not to call me that, but she continued. “I knew from the moment he brought you hear that it would be trouble, I suggest you leave him and all his lies.”

“Well you obviously spend so much time spying on your neighbors, that I suggest you actually get a life,” I said. I knew that she knew, but I didn’t need her barging in here and talking to me about it. “Or at least a hobby.”

“I’m just trying to help you,” she answered. I rolled my eyes.

“I don’t need your help.”

“Well you needed Zacky’s help,” she sneered at me. I watched her little eyes glare at me. I shivered knowing she probably knew all about my past too. The past that I constantly try to forget.

“Well I’ve changed.” I answered. “Can you leave now?” I ordered more than asked.

“I suppose,” she answered rudely.

I watched her walk out of the house slowly, since she couldn’t move fast. She walked down the steps but stopped before the last one to turn around and glare at me.

“They stop by sometime, they figure it’s their house too,” she said. I dropped open my mouth.

“You do know,” I whispered. She nodded.

“Of course I know,” she snarled. I glared at her meanly. She was pissing me off. “Your just to dumb to believe it.”

“You know how I was talking about getting a hobby?” I asked really pissed off. “Well dying is a great one.” With that I slammed the door closed, and fell against it. My knees gave out and I sunk down to the floor.

Nothing is different here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's kind a short, the next one will b longer. Sorry if it's really confusing, but it'll all make sense later. Hope you like it thanks for reading!

Please comment if you like it, and read my other stories too.

THANK YOU