Status: Will be regularly updated now that I'm back to my boring and mundane daily activities .__.

I Know The Way You've Been Living

Welcome To The Club

Brian’s POV

Today’s concert went great, the audiences were amazing, they were very responsive and they’re very hyped. I love seeing those kids coming out to see us even for a charity concert. Now we’re at the airport, we just landed exactly 15 minutes ago and now we’re waiting for our car to come and pick us up. We decided to go straight home after the whole charity thing is done, and personally I wouldn’t want it any other way, because I get to see Melanie sooner than expected. I’m beginning to accept that this feeling I have for Melanie is somewhat real, it’s not my mind playing tricks on me. Now all I have to deal with is Michelle… And that won’t be easy.

“Hey baby!” Oh speak of the devil. Michelle is here with Val to pick us up, they drove separate cars because all of us can’t possibly fit into one car with all our shit.

“Hey Shelly, miss me?” She threw her arms onto me and kissed me quickly

“Too much, I miss you WAY to much” She winked at me; I’m desperately holding myself to not roll my eyes. I knew she wanted sex, that’s all she ever wanted from me I think, she’s always all nicey nice when she wants something from me.

“Wait ‘till we get home babe” I shot her a smile and we poured our stuff onto the trunk and got into the car.

After we dropped Johnny to his house, we drove silently towards mine. Michelle has been living with me for almost a year now, although she still got her own apartment, she hardly go there now. Michelle grabbed my arm and smiled at me.

“What’s wrong with you? You look upset” She rubbed her thumb against my palm

“I’m fine, just really tired. I just want to take a nap and sleep until I die” I threw my head back onto the headrest

“Awh, poor you. But I was thinking we could do something to get your mind off of things?” She smirked, ugh how I hate this right now. I really don’t want to do this with Michelle, but if I declined she will suspect that something is up.

“Or we could do that” I forced my smile back at her, God this ought to be a long night.

***


Melanie’s POV

Monday has returned its presence and how I hate every second of it. I hate Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. I hate the weekdays because that means I have to endure the endless torture called SCHOOL. I dragged myself towards my dresser; I looked like the bride of Frankenstein seriously, with my hair sticking out on different directions. I pull out my favorite black and white polka-dot dress with a peter-pan collar and a white ribbon perfectly placed on the back of my waist. After I put on my dress, I put on a little make up, just eyeliner and lip-gloss, and brushed my hair so it would at least look civilized.

“Mel! Are you ready?” I heard Zacky yelled from downstairs, I’m always surprised that he can wake up this early. Even earlier than me!

“Yep, coming down” I grabbed my bag, phone and iPod and ran downstairs.

I stole a pancake from the table and walked out with Zacky. The ride to school was as usual, silent and awkward; he turned on the stereo and looked at me.

“You look different, did you put on make up?” He asked with his eyebrows raised
“What if I did? I’m not a baby Zack” I turned my face away, I’m so embarrassed. I don’t usually wear make up, as a matter of fact, I never do but today I just feel like being… Pretty.

“It’s not like that, you look good Mel. You know what would complete this look for you?”

I shook my head.

“A smile” He smiled softly at me, I couldn’t help but to smile back at him. It feels good to be complimented, even though it’s from your own brother.

Once I got to school, Zacky sped off back home; he said something drinking beer and sleeping all day every day until the end of the day. I walked straight to my Sociology class when I passed the school’s bulletin board. There’s a job vacancy notice, MUSIC JOURNALIST; WANTED! It’s a notice from the school newspaper committee, hmm… Music journalist? I do have a vast knowledge of music, the people I spend most of the time with are in a band, and I did say I needed a good distraction from Brian. Without thinking twice, I ripped the wanted notice and walked fast to the newspaper committee room.

“Hello” I peeked my head once I opened the room; there was nobody there. I kept on walking and repeating ‘hello’ a couple of times. The suddenly a bright red-haired girl popped out of nowhere, scaring the complete crap outta me.

“Oh Jesus you scared me!” I put my hand on my chest

“Sorry! I’m Samantha but you can call me Sam. I’m the editor in chief here at the Huntington High Newspaper, at your service” She did a curtsey and smiling so happily.

“Hi, I’m Melanie… You can call me Mel. I saw this wanted notice on the bulletin board, I thought I could-“ She cut me off before I was even finished talking

“Oh! Oh God our prayers have been answered! Yes we needed a new music journalist, Steven, our old writer quit because he said it was too much work for him. Pussy right? I know! So are you interested on joining us?” She clapped her hands enthusiastically.

God this girl is so chirpy.

“Yeah, I’m really interested on joining. Do I need to submit anything? Like a piece of my writing or something?”

“Nah, you look like you’re capable of writing. We’ll see how it goes okay?” She pulled out a piece of paper what looks like a submission form.

I nodded and examine the paper. It’s all just name, date of birth and personal information.

“You need to fill this out, you can give them to me tomorrow if you want to. Now let me show you around” She grabbed my hand and took me on a tour. She introduced me to the rest of the guys in the club and what I noticed is that there are only 3 girls including me that works in this newspaper.

“Do I get a partner?” I asked once we’re done with the tour

“Yep, you get to work with Blake Nordrum. He’s one of our best writers and he’s got a wide connection on the California music scene. You’re gonna like him, he’s really fun and easy to get along with” She smiled

“Okay, I can’t wait. So when can I start?” I put the papers inside my bag

“You can start today, after school we all gather here for briefing and Monday meetings, and you can finally meet your partner”

Great! This would be an awesome distraction for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Okay so I have two chapters written up for today, so there might be another update after this. But I'm now heading down to the airport!! I can't wait to go home :D Thankyou so much for AJ9 and Jellybean Swag for the comments! Really helped :D

Enjoy guys!