Status: Will be regularly updated now that I'm back to my boring and mundane daily activities .__.

I Know The Way You've Been Living

I'll See You Around, Mel B.

“Melanie! Come on the meeting’s about to start!” I heard Sam called me from down the hall. I practically run past everyone, pushing people out of my way.

“Here! I’m here, has it started yet?” I was panting when I got into the office

“Nah, we were about to though. Take a seat Mel,” She pointed an empty chair next to a girl with a jet-black hair and tattoos wrapping her arms. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

“Okay! Can we start the meeting?” Sam stood in front of us with the white board next to her. I heard a few ‘yes’ and ‘mhm’ filled the room. Sam was just about to say something when the door flung wide open and a figure stood on the doorway.

“Nice of you to join us Blake, take seat. I’m starting the meeting” The guy, Blake, was really tall and fair skinned. He has this curly brown hair that goes down to his collar, typical surfer boys I think. He’s wearing a white polo shirt with a light brown Bermuda shorts paired with a black worn out vans. He grinned at Sam and took an empty seat in front of me. He smells like lemons and apple.

“Okay so, for this week we’re going to focus on the environment”

***


“Melanie, this is Blake Nordrum. You two are going to be working together, so be nice kids” She smiled at me and slapped Blake’s back. She left us two standing awkwardly next to each other; oh this is why I hate making friends. I’m terrible at it.

“So… You’re the new kid here?” Blake asked me, I had to look up to him because I was basically half his height.

“Yeah, I saw the wanted sign on the bulletin board. So I decided to join”

He nodded in response, we both walked into our table and he pull out his laptop. He started to type something on his laptop and he looked at me, confused.

“Why aren’t you sitting down?”

I blushed madly, I was so scared to do anything because I’m afraid I’d make a fool of myself and yet I managed to forget how to function as a human being. I sat down and put my bag on the side of my chair, I pull out my notebook and pen and just look at Blake doing his thing on his laptop.

“So since our main theme for this week is environment, I have a few ideas for the music section” He turned his laptop to face me and there I saw this website of a music festival that will be held in 2 days.

“What’s this?” I really don’t get what this has anything to do with the environment

“It’s the global clean up challenge festival, this festival is used to gather money to help clean the environment or stuff, kinda like a charity festival. This is the perfect thing for us to cover. What do you think?” He turned his attention to me. It’s so weird talking to somebody that isn’t my brother, the guys or my mom. And plus, he’s cute… He’s really cute. I didn’t notice it at first but he has freckles on the apple of his cheek, he’s got amazing cheekbone and his hazel colored eyes are the most captivating eyes I’ve ever seen.

“Hello? Melanie?” He waved his hand in front of my face. I snapped back into reality, again humiliating myself in front of a guy that I barely knew.

“Yeah, it’s great. How do you know all this stuff?” I asked him while scanning the website he showed me.

“I have this thing with music, I love it. I have friends from all over California that’s deeply involved in the music scene” He smiled cheekily, oh then there it is… The cutest dimples I’ve ever seen!

“Okay, so how are we going to do this? Do we get like passes or do we just go there?”

“We just go there, watch the festival then we can do our reports together. Do you own a camera?” He asked me

“Yeah, do you want me to bring it to the festival?”

He nodded in response, “Since this is a two day festival, I suggest we cover both of them, you know, just to make sure we’re not missing anything” He closed his laptop and put it in his bag.

“Alright then, so I’ll see you on Wednesday?” I said, standing up.

“Yep, oh Melanie, can I have your phone number? It would be easier for me to contact you” He put out his phone towards me. Relax Melanie Baker, he’s asking your phone number not because he likes you, but for work purposes. Chill!

I nodded and took his phone; I put my number on it under Melanie B. I figured if he doesn’t know who I am then it might be best if he doesn’t.

“Alright, I’ll see you around Mel B” He winked and walked out from the office. I smiled at him and stood there like a complete idiot. I am very curious about Blake, I’ve never seen him around school, never heard of him and I didn’t think for a second that I would be partnered up with such an attractive guy. I have to do some digging here.

“Hey Sam! Can I talk to you for a minute?” I peeked over at Sam’s desk

“Yeah sure, what is it?” She sat straighter

“Do we have access to the student files?”

“The newspaper? No we don’t. Why?” She furrowed her eyebrows; then I realized how strange that question was.

“Uh… I just want to-“ She cut me off again

“Oh! You want to snoop around Blake’s file!” She yelped excitedly, a little bit too loud. I just stood there and my face went crimson.

“Look, the newspaper committee might not have the access to the student files, that doesn’t mean I don’t” She winked

“How can you have access?” Now I’m definitely curious

“Well honey, in the journalism world, you can’t play fair… Right?” She smirked, “look, leave it all to me, I’ll have his files ready by tomorrow after school for you to snoop around, okay?” She smiled. I’m now feeling both embarrassed and excited at the same time.

“Thank you Sam, and can you please keep this on the DL?”

“Are you kidding? Of course! Don’t worry about it, you’re secret is safe with me. Now if you’re done you can go home Mel”

I said my thank you for the last time and went out the building and I saw Zacky’s car waiting on the drop off area. I walked fast towards the car and sped home, now I can’t wait to know my partner even more.
♠ ♠ ♠
See! I updated it! :D I just got home from the most tiring flight ever! And the traffic... Oh God don't get me started...

I have so many subscribers now I'm so happy :') I have never written a story thats got this many subscribers! I LOVE YOU GUYS! And to all you silent readers, please show yourselves and make comments while youre at it :P