Status: Will be regularly updated now that I'm back to my boring and mundane daily activities .__.

I Know The Way You've Been Living

What Are You Asking Me Exactly?

It has been two weeks since the festival and my life has been significantly better in every way possible. Now I look forward to be going to school, I dress prettier, I eat more, and I’ve been smiling a lot for no reason. I think the guys also felt like I was changing, Matt and Johnny were saying how different I look and Zacky was saying that I’m glowing somehow. Well its true, spending time with Blake has been making me happy and turning me back into the old Melanie.

I haven’t seen Brian since the festival, I’m not actually avoiding him but fate just never put us together somehow. Every time he comes over, I’ll be out or still in school and he hasn’t texted or call me since then. I’ll be lying if I said I didn’t miss him, I do, really bad. But I know that this is the right thing to do, I need to get away from him as long as possible to get rid of these feelings that I have for him.

Mom has been going out a lot lately, staying in the office late and going on business trips twice this past two weeks. I feel like either she’s really busy or she’s hiding something from me. If she were seeing someone she would’ve told me right? I mean, I’m not going to be angry or mad at her, she deserves to be happy. But I also deserve to be told by my own mother.

“Hey, you’re ready?” I almost jumped when I saw Blake’s face as I closed my locker door.

“Ugh! You scared me! Yeah, lets go” We both walked to math class together and took our usual seats, him at the front and me in the back.

Things between Blake and I are going pretty good I would say. Since I have no experience in this I’d say it’s going great. We’ve been talking a lot, texting and calling each other before bed. We’ve also been spending a lot of time in school, like talking between classes, during the newspaper time, and even after school. Although he offered to take me home a few times, I declined. I don’t want to make Zacky suspicious if I said I don’t need a ride home.

I went straight to the newspaper room right after our math class was finished, I did ask Blake to come with but he was talking to the teacher so I went alone. I put out my laptop and camera from my bag and begin uploading the pictures that we took 3 days ago when we were doing our second article for the newspaper about historical figures. We did a piece on Jimi Hendrix and Michael Jackson for different genres; we also interviewed a couple of students about their own musical heroes.

“Hey Mel” Blake took a seat next to me and put his head on the table facing my direction.

“Hey, what’s going on? Are you okay?” I turned to his side, he looks sad for some reason.

“Yeah I’m fine, what are you doing?” He scooted forward and paid attention to my laptop

“I’m just moving all the pictures from the camera to my laptop, we need to edit 2 more interviews before Friday”

He kept quiet and he looked down at his feet. “Are you okay Blake?” I asked him again

“I need to ask you something” He looked anxious and nervous

“Yeah? What is it?” I closed my laptop and face him.

He took my hand and took a deep breath. “The past few weeks that we spent together has been awesome, with all the festival and our time texting and calling each other, it got me to know you a little bit more. You’re an amazing girl and I have never met anyone like you. I really like you Mel, so I was just wondering if you want to… I don’t know… Maybe go out with me?” He looked at me with the most adorable dimpled smile, but I’m not really sure what he was asking me.

“So… What are you asking me exactly? I’m sorry I’m not used to these kinda stuff” I blushed, feeling stupid for not getting what he was saying.

“I’m saying… I’m asking, that would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?”

I froze for almost 10 seconds, until I can finally blurt out those three words with the biggest smile I could ever put on my face.

“Yes, I would”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I'm sorry this one is so short but I really love this chapter. Cause Blake is kind of based on a certain someone, I got really giddy for some reason :P but I really need to know guys, is this story getting boring? Feedbacks are greatly appreciated!