Status: Will be regularly updated now that I'm back to my boring and mundane daily activities .__.

I Know The Way You've Been Living

Red-Handed

Brian’s POV

I really don’t know what’s going on with Melanie. Since I got back from Sacramento, things have been awkward and distant between us. I really thought she felt the same was as I did. I tried texting her but every time that I did, she only replied shorts texts or didn’t reply at all! I really miss her, things between Michelle and I had gone from bumpy to rocky in just a matter of weeks. We’ve been fighting non-stop and I’ve been staying at Johnny’s more than I’ve been staying at home.

“Dude, I wanna go out. I’m dying if I stay inside this house any longer” Johnny jumped off from the couch that we were both sitting on, we were playing Call Of Duty: Black Ops.

“Where do you wanna go? I’m too lazy to go anywhere” I slouched even more on the couch.

“I was thinking of going to Mrs. B’s, I feel like going swimming!” He shouted and put both his hands up in the air.

I sat straight when the thought of seeing Melanie came across my mind. This could be the time that I got to spend with Melanie.

“Alright, I’m coming” I turned off the PS, grabbed my jacket and walked out from Johnny’s. We decided to take a walk instead of taking Johnny’s car, since we live really close with each other.

Johnny knocked on the door, I was praying so hard that Melanie would be the one who answered the door. Since we’re going to meet face to face, there’s no way she can avoid me now. But as my luck runs out, it was Mrs. B who opened the door.

“Brian! Johnny! What are you two doing here?” She embraced us both in a tight hug, as if we haven’t seen each other in ages. But that’s Mrs. B, she’s always warm and welcoming.

“I don’t know, we were bored at home and we figured we would go for a swim. It’s always better here anyways” Johnny grinned

“Well make yourselves at home, I’m cooking Italian for tonight! You guys are staying over for dinner right?” She put on her pink and purple apron.

“Of course! Who would turn down an awesome dinner Mrs. B?” Johnny grinned even ridiculously; I swear sometimes this man has no manners at all.

“Is Melanie home?” I blurt out the question without even thinking first, I saw Johnny looking at me all confused and puzzled.

It took a few moments before Mrs. B could answer; I think she was just as confused as Johnny was. “She’s out right now, but she’ll be back soon. I told her that she was going to help me cook dinner tonight”

“Oh all right then, we’ll just hang out the back,” I said as I walked to the swimming pool.

I was really bummed out that she’s not home. It’s not like her to be out on a Saturday and now I’m really curious to whom she was spending her Saturday with. I kicked my shoes aside and lie down on the lounge chair next to the pool. Johnny was already stripped down to his underwear and jumped into the pool the moment we walked out to the backyard. He’s such a retard sometimes.

***


Melanie’s POV

An hour ago, Blake phoned me and told me that he was outside. I freaked out because I don’t want my mom to know yet that I’m dating someone. So I got dressed in the easiest and most comfortable attire I could think of and ran downstairs, I told my mom that I was going to do our newspaper report down by the coffee shop.

When I got out, Blake who looked exceptionally hot today greeted me; I don’t know whether it’s the navy blue polo shirt or the fact that he’s officially my boyfriend made him so damn hot. Once we got into the car, I couldn’t help myself but to stare at this incredible human being next to me.

He smiled when he glanced at me, “You’re staring”

“I’m allowed to, you’re mine now” I broke into the biggest smile, this sweet guy next to me is mine.

“I’m all yours babe” He took my hand and kissed it. “I have a surprise for you”

I couldn’t see his eyes because of his aviators, but I can tell that he was winking and smirking at me.

“Oh really? What is it?” I know he wouldn’t tell me, but I asked anyway.

“I’m not gonna tell, so sit tight and enjoy the ride” He grinned and we drove off to heaven knows where.

As we drove closer to the beach, I began to remember all the memories of my dad and I when I was just 6 or 7 years old. He used to take me to this ice cream shop by the beach and we would walk and play around in the water afterwards. I felt a sharp pang on my chest thinking that my dad has completely left me and not giving anymore shit about me.

“Hey, you okay?” Blake asked me, he looked concerned and his eyebrows are furrowed.

“I’m fine babe, are we there yet?”

“We’re close”

And as if he knows what I was feeling, he took me to the exact same diner that my dad and I used to go to. I broke into a huge grin and hugged him tightly; I kept saying ‘Oh my God’ over and over and smiling like a little girl. When we got inside, I automatically took the seat by the window, the same seat my dad and I used to take every time we go here.

“Order whatever you want, today is all on me” He took my hand and smiled, I couldn’t help but to giggle and read over the menu excitedly.

I ordered a 4 ice cream banana split that was all chocolate, with extra chocolate sauce and chocolate chips. I also got their famous buffalo wings with this secret sauce that they always serve with cold veggies. I swear Blake was looking at me like I was a lunatic, but he kept smiling anyways.

When we were done, we took long walks at the beach. None of us said anything; we just enjoyed each other’s company. At some point I feel like crying, but not because I was sad or anything, I’m just so happy that my life is now exactly how I wanted it. I have a boyfriend that cares about me, I have a loving and caring mother, and I have an annoying but also loving brother. I feel like all the shit I went through all these years had gone away and it didn’t matter anymore. I feel happy and content.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” Blake took my hand and kissed it, it’s his way of telling me that he’s there, and he cares.

“I’m just really happy” Tears started falling down my cheeks. “I’ve never been this happy in my entire life. I have you, I have my family and everything seems alright in my life”

He stayed quiet and I’m thankful for it. I’m not nearly done with what I’m going to say. “You now you’re the first guy that I actually talk to other than my family?”

“No way” He looked surprised, then laughed.

“It’s true, you’re also the first guy who asked me out, who took my hand, who made me feel like I’m important. You’re the first guy that made me feel like I’m worthy of a relationship. I know it’s cheesy and I’ll stop now” I let out a nervous laugh and looked towards the sea.

The next thing I knew, he turned me around and just when I thought he was going to kiss me, he plants a soft kiss on my forehead. Whispering those three words that I would have died to hear at that exact moment.

“You’re not cheesy”

I laughed and smacked him on his arm; he held me and we continued our stroll. After about half an hour walking, talking and occasionally kicking the water towards each other, we went back to his car and he drove me home. Although the car ride home was silent, we exchange smiles to each other and steal glances.

“Do you want to come in? I think my mom’s home,” I asked once he stopped the car in front of my house.

He kind of hesitated for a bit, then he said, “Okay, sure”. So we both got out from the car and walked to the door. This would be a great opportunity for Blake to meet my mom without having Zacky or the guys hazing him for no reason. In fact, if it’s possible, I want neither Zacky nor the guys to know about Blake.

“Mom! I’m home!” I yelled throughout the house, I looked over to the kitchen but she wasn’t there.

“I think my mom’s gone, do you wanna stay ov-“ I suddenly felt my stomach churn.

Brian was standing there, face to face with Blake.

“Who’s this guy, Mel?” I had known Brian long enough to know that what he’s showing isn’t cockiness, but jealousy.

“Uh… That is Blake, my boyfriend”
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this is the longest chapter I've written... EVER. I hope you guys like it! Thank you for all those who commented JulyGirl, AJ9, TheGoodLlama and xXcrazy-desiXx, and thank you to Avenge_My_Death for the input! Comments are love <3