Status: Will be regularly updated now that I'm back to my boring and mundane daily activities .__.

I Know The Way You've Been Living

Shooting Daggers

I nearly shit myself when I saw Brian standing there. I thought nobody was home so I decided to introduce Blake to my mom.

“Boyfriend huh? How long have you been together?” Brian turned his attention towards Blake who is now staring at Brian with his mouth hanging open.

“A few weeks-“

“Melanie?” My mom cut me off when she emerged from the stairs, holding her cellphone and still wearing her reading glasses.

“Hey mom, ehm… I want you to meet someone” I step aside so my mom could get a look at Blake; he is still shocked from the sight of Brian but manages to regain his composure. “This is Blake, my boyfriend”

“Pleasure to meet you Ma’am”

“Oh the pleasure is all mine! Melanie didn’t tell me she has a boyfriend, come on in!”

My mom, Blake and I walked towards the TV room, leaving Brian standing in front of the door, staring at me. I was hyperventilating, I’m starting to feel cold and my breathing got heavy. I’m so nervous and scared of his reaction, but I have no idea why I would feel like this.

“So how long have you two been together?” My mom took a seat on the lazy chair while Blake and I sat on the couch, facing the TV.

“Just a few weeks now, we’re just starting to get to know each other a lot more” He looked at me, with a look that I haven’t seen from him before. He almost looked like he was hurt.

“Ah, the best part! Would you mind staying for dinner Blake? Melanie and I are going to make Mexican food tonight” She smiled and her eyes gleamed with excitement.

“I would love to Ma’am, but unfortunately I have to go, I have plans with my family. It’s my brother’s birthday today” He smiled politely, “but I would definitely join you and Melanie for dinner some other time.

“Oh of course! You’re welcome here anytime Blake” They both stood up and my mom gave him a hug.

“Walk me out?” He held out his hand for me to take. When I got up, I noticed that Brian was watching the three of us from the chair next to the kitchen counter. He was sending Blake death glares.

I walked Blake out and closed the door behind me, I was reaching my hand to hug him but he stepped back, making me stumble forward.

“What’s wrong?” Blake’s face was showing that look like before, hurt.

“What’s wrong? Did you forget to mention the fact that Synyster Gates was standing in your kitchen? Shooting me death glares? And if you didn’t notice, I kept calling your mom “Ma’am” because I don’t even know your last name! To think about it, I know NOTHING about you Mel!” He runs his fingers through his hair, making it messier than before.

I sighed; I know all of this is my fault. It’s my fault for making him feel like this and leaving him out from the most important part of my life, my family. I knew sooner or later he’s going to find out, so I decided to tell him everything.

“Do you want to take a walk? We have a lot of things to talk about” I took his arm, smiling sweetly.

He looked at my face and nodded, holding me close and kissing my temple. He held out his hand for me to take.

“Wait, but what about your brother’s birthday?” I asked before we started walking.

“I was lying, I’m sorry. I was pissed at you and I don’t think I could sit all night a smile to you when I have tons of questions floating inside my head”

I smiled and nodded in response. I took his hand and we took a stroll along the pavement, having nowhere to go in mind.

***


“Okay, so let me get this straight… You know Avenged Sevenfold because Zacky Vengeance is your big brother? And you hate him because he makes your life… miserable?” He raised his eyebrows, as if what I said wasn’t English.

“Yep, it’s all true and my parents are divorced, I live with my mom because my dad doesn’t care about me anymore and too busy fucking his 20 year-old blonde bimbo all the time”

“Damn, I didn’t think your life would be so… complicated” He reached over to hug me.

“Yeah, well it’s life I have and I’m grateful for it. Look, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you okay it’s just… I’m used to having people trying to be my friend because of Zacky and the guys. I don’t want that to happen to you too” I stopped and looked up to him.

“It’s okay Mel, I understand. Don’t worry about it okay” He plants a soft kiss on my lips and hugging me tight.

“Let me get you home, I bet your mom is waiting for you to help with that Mexican dinner” He grinned and took my hand.

I didn’t think it would go that smoothly, talking to Blake about everything makes me feel lighter and it removed all those terrible feelings of me keeping secrets from him. I really do hope he would stay the same, I hope what I just told him wont change us.

***


Brian’s POV

I almost couldn’t control myself when I saw Melanie come in with that guy. I felt sharp pains in my chest the moment she told me that he was her boyfriend for a few weeks. It took everything in me to not punch that Blake guy in the face, with his surfer looking face; he looks like someone you find on a Hollister campaign.

The other thing that irritates me was the way Mrs. B treated him. It’s like he’s some prince charming that she has been expecting to date her daughter. I want to know how far things have gone between the two of them so I decided to follow them out when they went out for a walk. I could hear faintly that they were talking about us, the guys. I know I was being unreasonably crazy following her like this, I don’t even know why I did it. Do I really like her? Am I really falling for a 17 year-old?

I sighed; I must be going out of my mind. I went back to the house when I saw them stopped walking, I’m afraid she’s going to catch me following her.

When she got inside the house, she was smiling from ear to ear. I felt sick to my stomach cause I know what that smile meant. She had been kissed. But her face fell when she saw me sitting on the kitchen counter chair.

“What?” She asked bitterly
“Nothing, he seems nice”

“He is, now I would really appreciate it if you would stop giving him death glares every time you see him. Because he will be coming over a lot, I hope” She walked towards the stairs.

“Yeah right” I muttered

“What’s that?” She turned quickly, glaring at me.

“Nothing”

“Yeah, that’s what I thought” She ran up the stairs and I could hear her door slammed.

Fuck! Now I’m really pissed off! 3 weeks ago we were having a great time together, talking, and laughing with each other. Now that Blake guy comes into the picture and everything went sour. I really don’t want to lose what little I had with Melanie, especially to that Blake guy. I would get Melanie back, even if it’s the last thing I do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Sorry for not updating sooner but I have crapload of work! I'm going to face my finals in a few weeks so I'll probably be updating slower than usual but don't fret! I'll keep updating whenever I can! Comments and feedbacks are greatly appreciated lovelies! :D