Status: Will be regularly updated now that I'm back to my boring and mundane daily activities .__.

I Know The Way You've Been Living

Who The Hell Is That Guy?

I got home shortly after, with Zacky taking off straight to Brian's house, I got the whole house to myself. I went up the stairs to my room and threw my bag across the room. I still have 2 hours before mom gets home so I hooked up my iPod to the portable speaker and lie down. Usually when people hear that my parents are divorced, the all automatically assume the worst. That my dad cheats and my mom left him with no money and now she's working 3 jobs to support me and the relationship with my dad is basically dead. But no... Its the exact opposite. My life is actually very nice, my mom works for her own company, we have a nice house and my relationship with my dad is actually pretty good. Since my parents both got joined custody, I live with my mom for the weekdays and at my dad's for the weekend. And no, he didn't cheat on my mom or the other way around, they just... Grew apart and they were brave enough to deal with it and decide for the best.

"MELANIE BAKER!" I shot up sitting, I was scared because no body was supposed to be home.

I opened my room slowly and walk down the stairs, I looked around the kitchen and the family room but nobody was there. I heard noises coming from the backyard, I opened the glass door and there I saw Johnny sitting on the lounge chair near the pool drinking his beer, which he took from the fridge.

"What are you doing here Johnny?" I rolled my eyes at him, he does this every time. All the guys do.

"Nothing, I was bored. You just got home?"

"Yeah, why aren't you at Brian's? Zacky is there with Matt and Jimmy" I walked up to him and took my seat next to him. He looked at me as if he just swallowed a bug.

"They're there? Shit! We're supposed to be practicing..." He slapped his forehead and got up

"You stupid" I rolled my eyes again

"See ya later Mel! Thanks for the beer!" He basically ran outside and hopped into his black SUV that I think is too big for him, so he looks like a kid trying to drive his dad's car.

The rest of my afternoon went less than uneventful. I spent my time doing my homework, listening to music, and channel hopping for an hour at least. Mom was supposed to be back here an hour ago, it's already 6 PM and I'm starving. I called mom a few times but it went straight to voicemail, so I called Zacky.

"Where are you?" I said without saying 'hello'

"Still at Brian's, what's up?"

"Mom's still at work, I'm starving. Are you coming here to go to your house?" I said walking towards the kitchen, opening cabinets and the fridge to look for something to eat

"I'll be there soon, we're wrapping up anyway, cook something"

"Alright, bye"

I hung up and I stood in front the wide opened refrigerator, then I decided to cook my usual desperate food, spaghetti Bolognese. After 45 minutes cooking, I heard the front door opened and I saw Zacky and Brian coming in.

"Hey sis, what are you making?" Zacky ruffled my hair

"Bolognese, take a seat I'll be done in 5 minutes" I pointed to the dining room.

I ate in silence, although Zacky and Brian are constantly talking and cracking up jokes, I really don't feel like laughing with them. My mom still isn't home yet and it is very unlike her. She always comes home at 5 PM, now it's 7:30 and she's still not here. I can't reach her on her cell phone and I can't reach her at work either.

After we finished eating, Brian and Zacky went to the TV room to play video games while I stayed in the kitchen and wash the dishes. That's when I saw a car coming in to the driveway, but that's not my mom's car. I turned off the faucet and peeked over the curtain, I saw mom coming out of the passenger side and a guy coming out from the driver's side. They talked and she was laughing and smiling at him.

Who the hell is that guy?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, sucky chapter, but thank you SevenfoldGirl_ for commenting! Plenty more to come don't worry, subscribe and comments are appreciated guys :)