Status: Will be regularly updated now that I'm back to my boring and mundane daily activities .__.

I Know The Way You've Been Living

So, What Should I Do Now?

Brian’s POV

It has been almost a week since the last time I went over to Mrs. B’s. I’ve been trying to avoid her completely by having our practices at Matt’s instead, though it has brought up a lot of questions from the guys, I insisted that we should have our sessions there, with an excuse of being closer to Matt’s than Mrs. B’s.

The guys fell for it for a while but today Zacky insisted that we have to have our practice at his mom’s because he already recorded his part there and all the equipment was already set up. I twisted my brain around to find a strong excuse to not go there but I got squat. So here I was, sitting on top of a speaker with my guitar in hand, in Mrs. B’s basement.

“So? How’s that sound? I know it’s still a little rough, but I really want to put an element of… Brian? You there?” Zacky waved his hand in front of my face, trying to get my attention.

“Yeah? Nah it’s good, it’s good I like it. You mind playing it for me one more time?”

He stared at me but played his part for me one more time but I kept zoning out and I was so distracted with my own thoughts that Zacky finally stopped and put down his guitar.

“What ever man, fuck it. I’m getting a beer” He stood up, great. Now I managed to piss off my best friend as well.

“Nah, I’ll get it. I need to get some fresh air anyway” I stood up and walked up the basement stairs. I walked towards the kitchen and I saw Blake and Melanie laughing by the pool.

I felt that pain in my chest again when I saw Melanie got up and sat on Blake’s lap, giving him a kiss. I quickly looked the other way and opened up the fridge looking for the beer.

I didn’t realize that I was just standing there with a blank expression on my face with the fridge door open when I heard a clinking noise coming from the sink. I turned around and I saw Blake standing there with lemons and a lemon squeezer. I didn’t want to make it even more awkward than it already is so I decided to say something.

“Hey man” I nodded to him.

He turned around, stared at me, and then looked back to the pile of lemons he had in front of him.

What the fuck?

“Hey what the hell man?” I walked up to him, there’s no way in hell I’m getting an attitude from this piece of shit.

He turned around, put down the squeezer and stepped forward. “What the hell do you want, Synyster Gates?”

“What the fuck? Who the hell do you think you are?” I shoved him backwards a little

“I’m Melanie’s boyfriend, something that you can never be, Gates” He shot me this incredibly cocky smirk, I glared at him and it took everything in me to not punch him square in face.

“What’s wrong Brian? Cat got your tongue?” He took a step forward, “just a reminder, Melanie is mine now, so either you back off, or I’m going to make you. I’m not afraid of you Gates, as a matter of fact; YOU are the one who should be afraid of me. Because one word of this to Melanie, and I sure as hell will make your life a living hell, starting by making sure that Melanie would never ever talk to you again. Understand… Gates?”

I can’t believe this, I’m being threatened and blackmailed by a high school punk! URGH FUCK! I know I couldn’t do anything because I have no idea whether his threats are real or not, I couldn’t risk it. I couldn’t risk losing Melanie completely to that stupid-ass punk!

I bumped his shoulder as I walked pass him and move way to the basement. I burst into the studio and got looks from Zacky, Matt and Jimmy who were talking over their parts for the new song.

“Where’s the beer?” Zacky looked puzzled

“Uh… I forgot, shit, let me go back upstairs” I was turning around when I heard the guys standing up from where they were sitting.

“Nah, we’ll get it. You look like you got shit up your head anyway” Zacky brushed past me and so did Matt.

Ugh God, can this day go any shittier? It’s like the whole world is trying to pick on me.

“Brian, you okay?” Jimmy was twirling his drumstick around; of course he would know something was up. He has been my closest friend since middle school and he was the only one that can actually read my mood.

“Is it that obvious?” I threw in an awkward laugh in the end, I really want to talk about this to someone but I’m afraid that Jimmy would tell on Zacky and this whole thing would go into an even shittier situation than it’s already is.

“Wanna talk about it?” He stopped playing with his drumstick and turned his position so that he’s sitting cross-legged facing me.

“It’s about Melanie” I gulped, I can see Jimmy’s eyes went big when I mentioned her name, “we’ve been texting and talking to each other for a while… Before that Blake guy popped up into the picture”

I told Jimmy everything, including the part where Melanie went to my house and tried to fix this whole mess but I fucked that up as well. He listened to every details of my story, not even once interrupting me or asking me questions. He just… Listened. I did left out the part when Blake threatened me, because I know when Jimmy knows that he wouldn’t be able to keep his emotions to himself and I know that he would definitely beat up the kid for what he did to me. I couldn’t risk that happening.

“So what should I do now?” I leaned back to the chair, completely frustrated.

“I honestly don’t know man, on one side I know how much that sucked but on the other side, she’s kinda right… It would be super weird for you to be with her age wise. Not to mention it’s illegal. But hey, if it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be, don’t sweat it too much” He patted me on the shoulder,

“And I as I remembered, you’re not the type to give up easily anyway, just wait it out, maybe she’ll come to her senses and when that happens, and when’s she’s legal, you can make her move on her” He smiled at me and at that moment I remembered why he was my best friend in the first place, he always knew the right things to say.

“Yeah, thanks man. I just really hope that fucking turd-face Blake would step out of the picture soon. I just wanna break his face whenever I see him”

“Don’t worry man, he’s just one fan-boying piece of shit. He’s ridiculous”

With that comment I burst out laughing, remembering the way he acted around us, he was sure one fan-boying piece of shit. I looked up when I saw Zacky and Matt walked down the stairs holding bottles of beers.

“You ready to practice now?” Zacky raised his eyebrows at me

“Fuck yeah man, let’s kill this song!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey hey hey hey! This is a pretty long one and uuuuuuuuuu I can't wait to see all your reactions! :D Thankyou so so so so soooo much to AJ9 (you're so sweet I just wanna hug you) and gothique4 (your comments are always awesome), also to Music2Addict, A7X-PapaRoachLvr, Ilovea7x, and OhMyVengenz for the comments, glad to know y'all love this story :) keep commenting and recommendations are love!