Status: Will be regularly updated now that I'm back to my boring and mundane daily activities .__.

I Know The Way You've Been Living

I'm Not Dead

Brian’s POV

I faintly heard a beeping sound and a soft sob coming from my left. I kept telling my brain to open my eyes, but it seems like my brain wont function. I heard people chatting and a woman shouting ‘code blue’ over and over.

Where the fuck am I? Why are all these people doing in my house?

I wanted to shout, telling them to get the fuck out of my house but I cant seem to get the words out of my mouth.

What the fuck is going on with me?

“Melanie, you need to go home. I’ll watch Brian okay?” Wait… Is that Zacky? Why is Melanie here? Why are they watching me?

“No! I want to stay here, you can go home. I’m not leaving him alone” I heard Melanie sobbing. Why is she crying?

“You have to eat at least, Melanie. Please?” I heard Zacky begging

“Fine” She said, and then I heard the door closed.

I wanted to talk; I wanted to ask Melanie what the hell was going on. I WANT TO WAKE UP GODDAMNIT!

“Brian?” I felt Melanie touched my arm, “Brian? Are you awake? Can you hear me?” She shook my arm gently, I was screaming YES! But all I can manage to get out was a soft groan.

“Nurse! He’s awake! Somebody please help!” I heard Melanie screamed so loud. Nurse? Am I in the hospital?

“I’m Dr. Barton, can you tell me what happened?” I heard a guy asked

“Well I was sitting here and then I felt his arm moved so I shook him awake”

I tried to open my eyes again and this time it did, I flickered my eyes open but close them immediately when I saw the blinding light pointed directly to my eyes.

“Ugh”

“Brian, what do you feel?” I felt Dr. Barton closing in on me

“Shit”

“That’s pretty normal, now can you try to move your arms and legs?”

I did and it moved, though only for a little. But it moved.

“Your heart-rate is steady, but you’re still dehydrated though so we’re still going to put you in IV drops. The nurse will come by later to give you your medicine; now until then you have plenty of rest Mr. Haner. I’ll be here to check up o you a little later” He puts the clipboard on the edge of my bed and went out, leaving Melanie and I alone in the room.

She was staring at me with her tired and wet eyes, I couldn’t make what her look meant but I knew she was disappointed at me.

“Mel-“

“Why, Brian? Why did you do this?” She spoke softly and my heart sunk.

“What happened to me Mel? Why am I in the hospital?” I croaked

“You really can’t remember? You almost died Brian!” She raised her voice; tears began to stream down her cheeks again.

“Melanie, please don’t cry. I’m sorry okay, I’m really sorry” I plead, seeing her like that kills me.

“We found you lying on the floor with your face pale as a ghost, I really thought you were dead Brian. What have you been doing? We found countless empty bottles on the kitchen counter; I found your coke on the table. Have you been doing drugs again?” Her voice is filled with disgust and it’s killing me to hear that.

She knew about my drug use in the past, all the guys were there to help me sober up and get cleaned up. Melanie was only 10 but she knew more than most adults do, she’s a really special kid.

“I felt like shit Melanie, I knew that I couldn’t have you and it kills me. All I can remember before I passed out that I was reading our old text messages” She looked up and her face was furious, she was about to yell something when Jimmy and Zacky went inside the room.

“He’s awake? GUYS HE’S AWAKE!” Jimmy shouted through the halls, which got him several glares and one nurse even told him to shut the fuck up.

“Hey man, you feelin’ better?” Zacky stood next to Melanie

“Yeah, a little. Where’s everybody?” I asked Jimmy

“Val went to take Blake home, we’ve been here for hours dude. We thought you were dead”

“What happened to me?” I tried to sat up but my stomach felt like it was cut open

“You got what the doctors called alcohol poisoning. Thank God we caught you in time bro, if we were late by 5 minutes you would be gone” Zacky answered which caused Melanie to cry even harder.

“Mel, come on stop crying. I’m here okay, I’m not dead” I took out my hand to reach her but she moved backwards. She shot me a disgusted look and stormed out the door.

“What you did was stupid Brian, if it weren’t for Melanie, we wont be able to find you in time to save you. You owe her a huge-ass apology and a giant thank you” said Johnny

“I know, I couldn’t believe what I did. I messed up guys, I almost died… Fuck” I ran my fingers through my hair; I can’t believe I was so stupid!

“Jim, can you go after Melanie? Just make sure that she wont do anything stupid” said Zacky and Jimmy nodded in response.

He took off and silence filled my hospital room, what the hell was I thinking.

***


Melanie’s POV

I walked with my head down towards the cafeteria; I desperately need coffee. But sadly, hospital coffees are shit and so is their food.

“Hey Mel – Bear, you okay?” I turned around and saw Jimmy standing there with his hands in his pockets.

“What do you think Jim?” I rolled my eyes and walked towards an empty seat near the vending machine.

“You know, he’s a stupid ass” He took the seat next to me

“I know. I don’t know how he can survive from all the shit he pulled” I scoffed

“Mel, I know what’s going on with you and Brian. I’m not gonna start talking him up for you but all I know that he’s a good guy, stupid yes, but he’s a good guy. Always have people’s best interest at heart”

“I can’t be with him Jim, I’m with Blake now and I don’t think Brian and I will ever work! He’s always on the road, he has a reputation, and he fucks girls for fun! I can’t be with someone who’s like that”

“So your age isn’t the real reason why you don’t wanna be together?” He raised his eyebrows

“Of course not… I just can’t trust him enough for us to be together. We’re not even together and he already hurt me, imagine if I give myself to him. Imagine how hurt I’ll be” I was trembling; I really don’t want to cry over this. This is stupid!

“Come here” Jimmy took me in his arms, stroking my hair.

“I know Brian is my best friend, but I will NEVER let him do that to you okay? I will never let him hurt you”

“Just tell him to back off, I’m stressed out already with everything that’s going on with my life and when I’m starting to feel like I’m normal, this has to happen. If he cares about me he would do it right?” I looked up to Jimmy

“Yeah, he should” He smiled at me.

But we both know that he wouldn’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOAH! I got so many comments on the last chapter I'm so so so happy! Just a heads up guys, this is probably either the last chapter or the second to last chapter I'm going to post until xmas. I'm gonna have my long-ass holiday! WHOOP! First semester of college is done!

Big thankyou for those who commented!

AJ9
CrazyPebbles21
amodernmyth88
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
gothique4
RandaRue22
Avenge_My_Death


Oh and one more thing, should I make this a sequel? or just end it as a one story?