Status: Will be regularly updated now that I'm back to my boring and mundane daily activities .__.

I Know The Way You've Been Living

The Old Melanie

I woke up the next morning feeling groggy and tired, I guess being bullied by Patricia drained all my energy. Since today's a Saturday I decided to take out my bathing suit and go for a swim. I don't normally use bikinis, cause I'm pretty self conscious of my body, but since nobody's home I figured what the heck. I took my iPod with me and my sunglasses and put them on the lounge chair by the pool. I dove into the pool after I put a thin layer of sunblock on my arms and the back of my neck.

I did a couple of laps until my legs were sore and then I spent the afternoon laying on the rubber mattress that you could use as a floatie to soak up the sun. I shuffled my iPod and You Only Live Once by Suicide Silence started playing. I hummed to the song and tapped my fingers along to the music.

"Mel!"

...

"Melanie!"

...

"Fuck, Melanie Baker!" I opened my eyes suddenly, almost falling off the mattress. I saw Brian standing there with a bottle of beer on his right hand and my towel on his left.

"What?! And what are you doing with my towel?" I said, pulling out my headphones

"I was gonna throw this at you, what are you doing?"

"What do you think? I was soaking up sun till you showed up" I rolled my eyes

"Well you're just going to have to deal with it cause I'm staying" he winked, taking a seat on the lounge chair

"Why? Zacky's not here... Are you stalking me?" I gasped in horror, he laughed at my reaction.

"Ha! That's the Melanie I know, stop being so gloomy babe" He tossed his signature fedora to the side table.

What he said hits me, have I been that gloomy? I know I haven't been happy in a while but I don't think anyone would notice.

"You don't think I would notice do you? Well contrary to popular beliefs, I do care about people Mel. Especially the ones I care about"

I really have nothing to say to that, I'm just... Surprised.

"I've never seen you in a bikini before, you look... Good" He smirked

"Oh, stop it Brian. Don't be a perv" I rolled my eyes, but inside I'm trying to hold myself from going crimson like a boiled lobster.

"No really, you should get more sun-" Before he could finish his sentence, his phone rang. He put a finger to me, signaling me to wait, got up and got inside the house

I can tell that it's his girlfriend, Michelle. It's no secret that nobody here likes Michelle, even my mom. Every time we have gatherings or parties my mom and Suzy, Brian's step-mom, would sit together and talk shit about Michelle. Not only she drinks excessively, but she's also... Mean. She's got a terrible attitude and she looks like she's only after Brian's money. And I hate her simply because she's with Brian. Ugh! Why do I have to be 17?!

"I DONT FUCKING CARE SHELL, JUST DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO" I heard Brian screaming as he made his way back to the lounge chair. He threw his phone onto the cushion and bounced straight into the pool.

"Shit!"

I dove right into the water to get it before it gets too badly damaged. When I reemerge from the water, I held the phone up so it wont get soaked. I climbed out from the pool and Brian greeted me with a towel.

"Geez, nice reflexes Mel, thank you. Are you okay?" He asked while shaking his phone up and down to get rid of the water

"I'm fine, is the phone okay?" I dried myself and put the towel over my hips.

He shook his head as he inspected his cellphone, "I think it's definitely broken, it wont start up" He laughed, which caused me to laugh. His face is just... Ugh.

"Then you need to get a new phone, I'll go with you" I said without even thinking about what I was saying

"Uh.. Sure, you go take a shower. I'll wait here"

And with that I ran up the stairs before my stupid conscience snapped me out of this.

Brian's POV

I was surprised when Melanie offered herself to go with me to get a new phone. But at the same time I'm really excited for her to tag along with me. It's really good to see Melanie smiling again, I don't think I've ever seen her that happy in a long time... And I'm even more happy that I'm the reason she was smiling again.

Is it weird that I'm actually nervous about going with her? I mean... She's only a kid, and she's Zacky's little kid. And whooh, she looks damn good in those bikinis. I'm surprised she isn't out much, or going to the beach, she has a body that would make millions of girls cry and boys wanting more.

"Hey, I'm ready!" I looked up and I saw Melanie on the last step of the stairs. She was wearing a light blue sundress with spaghetti strap and brown sandals, her brown hair was curled and all brought up front so her back was completely visible.

She looks like the old Melanie... She looks beautiful.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, sorry for not updating earlier... I just had the most exhausting two days. First I found out that Mitch Lucker passed away, second, I have this family drama which is so emotionally draining, third I have this essay due monday that's 3000 words. And so far I've only written my name.

So sorry that this chapter is sucky-ish. It's kind of a filler chapter... I think. I don't know.

I got 17 subscribers yay! Comments guyssssssss I need feedbacks from all of you pweaseeeeeeeee.

And I just realized I used the name Melanie on my old story... I guess I have a thing for Melanies. HAHA.

Also, I dont need anyone bitching about me for making Michelle look bad here. It's a story guys, cmon :)