Status: Will be regularly updated now that I'm back to my boring and mundane daily activities .__.

I Know The Way You've Been Living

Mind Games

It has been a week since the last time I saw Brian and the guys, they're going nuts practicing and writing new materials for the new album deadline. I have to take the bus to school for the first time! School haven't change much, Patricia's still giving me death glares but she's keeping distance between us. I still don't have any friends and my life basically still sucks. I'm now at home stuck doing my geography project because Ethan was 'occupied', apparently and he thinks this project is not worth his time. Well too bad buddy! I'm so not putting his name on this project.

"Melanie? Honey?" Mom peeked inside my room

"Yeah?"

"Are you busy?"

"No mom, come in. What's up?" I shut my laptop and turn to face her, she took a seat on my bed

"I have to go on a business trip for a few days to New York, I'm going tonight and I'll probably be back by the end of the week. Are you going to be okay here? I'll ask Zacky to come by every night if you want?" She looked guilty for some reason, which is weird because my mom goes to business trips like it's her daily routine.

"Its fine mom, you don't have to ask Zacky anything. I'll be fine here" I gave her a reassuring smile

"Okay, I'm going to continue packing now. If you need me just go to my room, okay princess" She kissed the top of my head

"Oh mom, am I still going to dad's this weekend or not? Last week he already bailed on me for his new girlfriend's birthday" I rolled my eyes

"I don't know, I'll go check on him. You go continue your homework, okay?"

I nodded in response and she went out of my room. Dad had blown me off twice to be with his half-his-age girlfriend. 2 weeks ago he told me she needed him to take her to Miami and last week he told me it was her birthday so I couldn't come over. I was pissed, but since last week I got to walk around with Brian, I'd say it was worth it.

After 2 hours of sitting still in front of my laptop, I finally gave in. I decided to continue this assignment later tonight. I was going to make my way downstairs when I heard yelling and cursing from my mom's room.

"I don't fucking care if you have a new girlfriend, she's your daughter! You should make time for her!" I bet she was talking to dad.

"Well then you shouldn't ask for joined custody! You heartless son of a bitch! Think about Melanie, you blew her off twice for that slutty little tramp" She yelled again

"Well fuck you Thomas, I hope you enjoy your time with that stupid bimbo of yours, cause the next time you come for Melanie, she won't be here to come to you" I heard a cracking noise, mom threw her cellphone onto the wall again I guarantee.

It doesn't really surprise me, I knew this would happen sooner or later. Dad has a new life, he forgets about me and I'll just live happily here with mom and Zacky. Thank God Zacky is still single, cause if he isn't I bet I won't be able to see him as well.

I continue walking downstairs, then I saw the guys coming in all at once. Bumping and cursing at each other. I saw Brian with his white v-neck shirt and his black jeans walking towards the kitchen to get himself a beer, God this man is perfect.

"Hey Mel, what are you doing home?" Johnny asked

"It's a school night?" I rolled my eyes as I walked to the kitchen, I feel like getting myself a glass of lemonade.

"Hey, c'mon smile" Brian whispered to me and winked as he walked to the TV room where the guys are sitting. HAAAA! Fuck. Why does he have to do that to me? Its hard enough not to look at him, but this? What he did sent shivers up and down my body.

I took my lemonade and walked quickly towards the stairs, I think I need to get away from Brian to stop staring at him. Cause I can imagine how I would look staring at that man's face.

"Hey Mel, come here! Join us, we're about to watch Zacky kick Matt's ass in Fifa 13" Brian yelled and patted the seat next to him. Dear Lord, have mercy on me. I hesitated for a while, but I ended up walking back to the TV room and threw myself onto the couch next to Brian.

"You comfy?" Brian said as he threw his arm over my shoulder, pulling me closer to him

"Uh huh" I couldn't concentrate with him being so close to me, all I could smell is the mixture his signature cologne and cigarettes.

"Brian get away from my sister! You're grossing her out" Zacky threw a sofa pillow towards Brian

"Nah, she likes it" He turned his attention towards me and smirked. His face was literally an inch away from my face. I took everything in me to sit still and just smile back at him, I really want to kiss those lips...

"You guys are gross, thank God you're not dating my sister. I would kill you if you do" Zacky went back to playing his game.

I swear I saw Brian's face fell when Zacky said that, or was it just me?
♠ ♠ ♠
So? Was it just Melanie's mind playing tricks on her? Comments and feedbacks are greatly appreciated guys!