Status: I'm working on it slowly but surely

We'll Both Catch Fire on Words of Desire

Chapter 2

Kate opened her eyes but saw nothing. ‘Am I still knocked out? No I can’t be if I’m forming thoughts,’ thought Kate. She noticed a perimeter of light at the top and bottom of the darkness, ‘Nope, definitely awake.’ She tried to sit up out of cramped position she was in, but a wave of dizziness and nausea rolled through her body. She slumped back down. “I should probably think about why I’ve been kidnapped, since I can’t see or sit up at the moment.” She racked her brain, “Come on Kate think. The guy knew mine and Derrick’s names, so this isn’t random. Well it could be. He knew mine and Derrick’s relationship, but that could be easily figured out. He also knew Derrick’s job was a secret to me and that he’d been gone long enough for me to think him dead,” Kate whispered to herself. She finally came to the conclusion that this was no random kidnapping.

Kate sat in darkness for who knows how long. Nothing had given away her location, if she was traveling, or what was transporting her if she was indeed traveling. Kate nodded off to sleep, which further rendered her telling of time. When she finally awoke it was in a panic. How long had she been gone, a day, a week, a month? She was struggling against her bonds. ‘I got to get out of this,’ she thought in vain to herself.

Kate stopped struggling when she heard a door open. Her heart rate increased and her palm were starting to sweat. Her breath started to come in shallow and deep.

A cold hand stroked her face. “There’s no reason to be alarmed, love,” a gruff voice said.

Kate finally found her voice, though it was weak, “Yeah, only being kidnapped and touched by a strange guy I can’t see.”

He gruffly laughed, “But, my dear Kate I know everything about you.”

“Doesn’t that make you a stalker?”

He laughed even harder, “We’re going to be the best of friends Kate. Now, you’re at my house. While you’re here you are my guest anything you want is yours.”

“Can I go home,” she asked hopefully.

The guy sighed as if she were stupid, “Anything but that.”

The blindfold fell and Kate was momentarily blinded. She blinked trying to get her vision back. When it she was facing the bluest pair of eyes she had ever seen. No, these eyes seemed almost familiar. She swore she had seen these eyes before. Kate scratched her mind trying to figure out who it was.

It clicked.

“Mr. T.”

“Good job, dear, though I always said you could call me Trevor.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the chapters are short. I'm doing this before school too. Hope you like it. Remember comments make my day. :) ~Sammi