‹ Prequel: Temptation
Sequel: Irrational

Blind

1/1

Billie and Billy.

It was such a known combination, a relationship everyone knew about. Commonly, it's because of their names. But it was also the simple fact that they were the best of friends, attached at the hip, stuck like glue, etc., etc.

It was never even a possibility for the two to become to more, to take that extra step and move forward. Billie was too afraid that if she even put a foot in that door, the world would implode from what many people would consider a monstrosity. It bothered her that so many people thought the idea of her dating Billy was abysmal.

Why was it hard to believe she could date the man she loved?

Well...because it was Billie and Billy.

The best friends since high school. The brother and sister figures that everyone knew, nothing more, nothing less. The two people you could count on to have a continuous relationship when everyone else's was falling apart. A strong relationship because of their history. And the funny thing was, it wasn't even a romantic one.

Which bothered Billie. What was so wrong with adding a little spice to their already great affiliation? Nothing possibly awful could come from it, right?

"Shutup."

Billie looks over at Billy, rolling her eyes. He hated it when she popped her gum and his grumble was evident that it was itching at him now. She smacks at her Trident again, giving him a haughty glare. His strong jaw clenches as he just ignores her and keeps his eyes trained on the video game in front of him. Billie looks down at his fingers expertly flying over the controller and admired the way his nimble fingers flew over the controls.

Man, does he have the fingers of a guitar player.

"Where's the rest of the guys?" she questions as she gets to her feet, walking over to the fridge and pulling it open. Inside there was a roll of lettuce, three beers, a bottle of lemon vodka, and some strawberries. "Fuck, you need to go shopping."

Billy rolls his eyes, not removing them from his television screen. "Shutup."

"Is that all you know how to say today?" she mutters, grabbing hold of one of the beers. A grunt was all she got before she was walking back to the couch.

She snaps open her beer, taking a swig as she watches Billy kill yet another bad guy on whatever military game he was once again conquering. It was cute as his jaw propped open and his eyes widen at the screen. She couldn't help but giggle.

"Kicking ass?" Billie asks playfully, sipping at her alcohol again.

Billy just nods, his jaw still dropped as his fingers move over the buttons and swivels skillfully. Her heart skips a beat at the expertise.

"Where's your guitar?" she suddenly asks. The question didn't catch him off guard. He's used to her playing around with his most prized possession. She was obsessed with the smooth wood, the pluck-worthy strings and the callouses it leaves on his hands. But that last part was her little secret. And the fact that holding the guitar was closer to holding him.

"In my room," he says without even thinking about it. She asked to see it every time she came over, which was ridiculous since she had free rein everywhere according to him. But she always asked permission to go into his room.

She immediately stands up, abandoning her beer, and goes into his room.

It was messy, per usual. Sometimes she felt like his girlfriend, scolding him to clean up his messes. Oh, I wish. Posters for his own band and various others littered the walls, tacked up with tape. Billie smiles, remembering the day she'd helped him put them up. She remembers the ice cream and Fright Night and holding hands when they turned off the lights.

How is they can act like a couple but can't actually be a couple? They are practically a married couple, why can't they just take that next step? Was something with her? Was she just marked as un-dateable in his eyes? Shit. Does he just not see her that way at all?

Yes, she was the girl he smoked weed with. Yes, he was the girl he experimented with. Yes, he was the girl who's first kiss he took, but only because they were playing the Spin Bottle. Yes, he's the only girl he's truly comfortable around. But is that it? Is there nothing there but a mutual feeling of friendship? The thought of that put a deep pit of despair in the middle of her abdomen. Oh, she would kill to be more than friends.

She goes over to his guitar, propped on it's stand, shiny and beautiful.

Her hands slid over the neck easily, her nose simultaneously breathing in the scent of him in his room. He used Old Spice and it was intoxicating. She places the guitar on her lap.

She strums her fingers lightly over the strings, wincing when she hears it's out of tune. Billy would freak if he saw that. She tunes it for him, gently turning each one until she heard it sounding right. It wasn't until two seconds too late that she looked over to see Billy standing into the doorway of his room, leaning against the jamb with his arms crossed.

A light smirk hugged his lips.

"Every time," he murmurs as he walks in. "Why?"

"Why what?" Billie replies.

"Why do you always come in my room every time you are over to strum my guitar?" he strolls over and plops beside her on his bed. She felt her pulse race faster. "You don't even know how to play it, for one thing."

She shrugs. "It reminds me of you. Keeps me knowing you're my best friend even though you're playing video games when I'm here."

"Ha ha ha," he laughs sarcastically. "You're hilarious."

She grins, pushing the guitar into his hands. "I know. Now play me something."

He rolls his eyes. This, as well as coming into his room, another request she always gives every time she visits. Which was everyday, so these little guitar moments were a daily thing she treasured. He always said yes, even when he was in a bad mood, and it made her happy knowing he stopped and took the time to play her something. No matter what it was, it boosted both of their moods. Billie's more than Billy's, but a girl can dream.

He immediately goes into a song, the sounds of the guitar bouncing off the walls. It was slow and smooth and a song that Billie vaguely knew. She'd heard it on the radio once.

"Isn't this that Jason Mraz song?"

"Mhm," he nods, grinning over at me. I grin back. "Well you've done done me and you bet I felt it, I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted. I fell right through the cracks and now I'm trying to get back. Before the cool done run out, I'll be giving it my bestest. Nothing's going to stop me but divine intervention. I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some."

Billie's smile slowly began to slip.

"I won't hesitate no more, no more. It cannot wait, I'm yours."

Her heart began to pound, faster and louder, into her rib cage until it felt like it would be it's way out of her chest. The way he was singing to her...he isn't a very good singer but still...

"Well open up your mind and see like me, open up your plans and then you're free. Look into your heart and you'll find love, love, love, love. Listen to the music of the moment people dance and sing, we're just one big family. It's our God-forsaken right to be loved, loved, loved, loved, loved."

Her eyes clasped to his, searching, analyzing.

"There's no need to complicate, our time is short. This is our fate, I'm yours."

Before he could even finish, she launched across his lap and connected their lips. More than fire, more than electricity. It was like a string being bound together, not tied. Fused. Like everything fell into place, kept together by one thing.

Billy.

He kissed back, his lips warm and soft. Billie's arms curl around his neck and his curl around her waist. She was slim and he felt his sides, his guitar falling from his lap and onto the floor. They fall back against his mattress, his scent overwhelming her and her scent overwhelming him.

It cannot wait, I'm yours.

"I'm yours," he murmurs as they kiss, lips sucking, teeth biting, and tongues overlapping. That one sentences set her heart a-flutter.

"I'm yours," she returns as they fall farther into each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
For silk tea. Congrats on the prize! And sorry if this really sucks, I just felt super out of my element. If you want me to write something else since I think this is awful, just shoot a message :)