The Life and Times of a Not So Ordinary Vampire Family

Chapter Two

Chapter Two:

‘Your sitting way to close to me right now’, say’s Lennox elbowing Christian in the ribs. ‘Yeah, like that’s going to hurt.’ he say’s rolling his eye’s. ‘I could make you hurt, but since there are h-u-m-a-n-s around I probably shouldn’t.’ ‘Wise decision.’ Looking out the window Christian thought back to the discussion this morning, he turns to his long time friend & say’s, ‘Did Alexa seem more moody than usual this morning?’ ‘No, not really.’, say’s Lennox as she thumbs through her history homework. ‘How did you do on the paper over the history of the Roman’s?’, she asks trying to change the subject. ‘It was easy, had it typed out in five minutes, why, I suppose you had a problem?’, he snarls at her. ‘A bit, half of what the teacher told us was lies.’ ‘Well yeah that’s easy for you to say, weren’t there when it was happening?’, he asks elbowing her in the side. ‘Ha, ha.’, she say’s sticking her tongue out. At last the bus came to a stop in front of the school. They both resisted the urge to fly to the front of the bus figuring it would probably cause a scene. As they approached the doors girls all around smiled & waved to Christian. Lennox couldn’t understand how he had become so popular, he had such an attitude of himself, but I guess that’s what girls in this century liked. Stepping to their locker’s Lennox glared over at Christian, ‘What?’, he asks. ‘Could it be possible to get to our locker’s one day without having to stop so those brainless humans can ogle over you?’ ‘No’, he say’s with a smirk.

* * *

Jack fidgets with the wrench in his hand, he’s done this before yet for some reason today he’s having a problem fixing a simple problem. ‘Damn’, he yells as the wrench slips out of his hand & falls into the engine. Reaching down he scoops it up, his hand covered in oil & dirt he wipes them on his pants. ‘How’s it going out here’, asks Alexa as she approaches him with a glass of blood in her hands. ‘All the years on this Earth and I still never could understand what use human’s had for this contraption’, he responds taking the glass from her hand. ‘They can’t run around like us, that would be why Jack.’ ‘I suppose’ ‘Do you think it will be done by the time Christian and Lennox get out of school’, she asks. ‘I hope so, what’s the time’, he asks. ‘A quarter to noon’, she say’s. ‘If I keep at it maybe’ ‘What’s the problem’, she asks. ‘I need to change out the spark plugs, I got one just fine, but this other one is beyond even my strength.’ Taking the wrench out of his she picks up a tool more suitable for the job, ‘Try this’, she say’s handing it to him. ‘Thank you’ A minute later the other spark plug came off, he looks at Alexa again astounded by her. ‘You’re welcome’, she say’s disappearing back into the house.

* * *

Walking back in the house Alexa flips on the television, another useless thing human’s use but in their last place they had no television & so their neighbors began to talk. Now they have one just in case, but Alexa has grown to like it, the sound helps drown out the lonely hours when Jack is away & Christian & Lennox are at school. A news story flashes across the screen & the news woman reports that there was a bus crash just a town over. The pictures of the people hurt are almost too much for her to bear, all that blood, thinks Alexa to herself. She quickly turns the channel & goes into the kitchen to get herself a glass of blood. This being human thing was almost too hard at times.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the next chapter. Myself & Naomi both hope you will all enjoy this story! Please don't be shy about feedback. We look forward to sharing more of this story!