Scream Over The Sound

Chapter 8 - At This Moment

My eyes parted and opened to the dimmed lights of the twin towers. Leaning against the fence on the 6th floor we were on was Vic, looking down at the streets below us. I sat up straight on the lounge chair and straightened up my shirt. The squeaking of the wood below me caused Vic to turn, and just as slowly as he turned, a smile appeared on his face.

“Hey, you,” he whispered, leaning his back against the fence now to look at me.

I wiped my face with the back of my hands and tried to force a smile. Seeing Vic standing with a backdrop such as my city made me totally forget how I got here or even why I was here. “What time is it?” I managed.

“Maybe 3am? I don’t know, but does it matter?” Vic’s smile spread further as he trotted over to sit next to me. “But you know what matters?” he threw a hand on my knee.

I froze beneath his touch before I managed to say a, “What?”

“You,” he looked right at me and all of a sudden my sleepy eyes shot wide awake. “What’s going on, Alex? You know you can talk to me, right?”

And that’s when it all came flooding back to me. I guess it was time to tell Vic the truth about my past. That was why I had left my house in the first place. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you any sooner,” I began, getting up and going to stand away from Vic, as far as I could. “I guess I’m just so fond of you that I didn’t want to scare you away with my problems.”

He looked up when I said ‘fond’. Did I really just say ‘fond’? Did I just tell him that I like him? I shook my head.

“Fond of me?”

“My ex boyfriend, he’s a vocalist. And since I work a lot in events, as you may know, my work revolves around working with other bands. And that led to me meeting and becoming friends with another vocalist, but people started stirring shit up telling all their friends and friends’ neighbours’ dogs that I was sleeping with this other guy. People will deem me as a band slut and I didn’t want to tell you because that’s EMBARRASING. I lost my boyfriend and all my friends because nobody believed me. That girl, Manta? She started all this and I could see in her eyes earlier today that she was just waiting to scare you with stories about me. Now, I’m not forcing you to believe me or anything but I only didn’t tell you earlier because it was my own problem to fix plus I didn’t want to drag you into my tangled up past. But I figured I’d scare you with my past first before anybody else does.” Word vomit officially over.

I took a deep breath and looked up to meet Vic’s gaze that seemed a little stunned from all that’s been released onto him.

He got up and put his hands on his waist and then looked down at his feet, kicking at the pebbles that were scattered at his toes. He heaved out a big sigh as if he didn’t know what to think of me anymore. “Wow,” was all he said.

“I’m so sorry, Vic. You can think whatever you want of me, I just know the real truth and I guess that’s all that matters--.”

“You,” he interrupted me, “… Are fond of me?” he turned up to look at me with a cheeky grin on his face.

My eyebrows burrowed in confusion. “Vic, I just told--.”

“Man, the rest of the info—the girl wanting to ruin your reputation with me, the rude name calling—I can handle, but you being fond of me?” he let his arms drop to his sides and started walking towards me. Okay now I was really confused. He walked so close to me that I backed up against the fence behind me. He was close enough that he rested his hands against the fence on either side of my head. He lowered his head so his nose would be aligned with mine and softly spoke, “I don’t know if I can handle holding back now that I know you’re fond of me.”

I wasn’t breathing.

I mean. Are you breathing?

“Vic, I’m afraid I don’t understand. In which part of my word vomit did I sound appealing? Please enlighten me,” I said, shaking in my jeans just staring at his lips, not daring to look him in the eye.

He lifted a hand to my cheek and slowly grazed his thumb against my cheekbone. “Permission to explain later?” he smiled. “There’s something else I have to do first.”

And when he closed his eyes, I did the same, just waiting for the magic to happen. Soon his lips were pressed against mine, slowly parting to allow my tongue pash against his. I started getting pins and needles in my palms and that’s when I realised I had my fingers in a fist from nerves all this while. I pulled him closed by the fabric of his shirt and he hugged me tight.

He pulled away and started walking backwards towards the pool. “What are you doing?” I asked eyes still steamy from the smoking hot kiss.

He didn’t even bother explaining. Vic just backed up all the way until he fell into the pool.

“VIC!” I yelped and ran towards the edge of the pool. Bubbles surfaced, as he stayed underwater for a while. “Victor Fuentes?!” I hissed, not wanting to wake the neighbours around us.

He broke the surface of the water and pushed his hair back. “I’m sorry, I just needed a really cold shower after that,” he smirked. He propped his elbows up on the ledge of the pool and pursed his lips, reaching out for another kiss.

I stepped closer, resting my hands on my knees for support, and reached down for another. Vic grabbed my arm to pull himself up a little.

No wait, he grabbed my arm to pull me in.

I crashed into the pool behind him and he helped me find the surface by hoisting me up. “You okay?” he asked, eyelashes decorated with droplets of water.

My hands reached to wipe the water off his forehead, proceeded to grab his head in my hands and gave him another kiss.

“At this moment, I’m perfect.”

--

There was a little crack in the blinds that allowed the city lights outside to creep into Vic’s bedroom. We cuddled on his twin bed quietly, all in fresh clothes—me in his, to be precise—just staring at the ceiling. Mike was snoozing quietly in the bed next to us.

“Hey?” Vic spoke for the first time since we got changed and into bed.

“Yeah?” I responded, my breathing slow as I was tired from the water fights we had earlier. “Do you want me to leave?”

“No,” Vic immediately responded, holding me closer. “I just wanted to tell you—“

“—Stop,” Mike interrupted, his voice sleepy with night. “Wait for me to leave, at least,” he got up and tossed his pillow over at me before making his way into Jaime’s room across the corridor.

Vic and I just held still before bursting out with laughter.

“Okay, okay, what is it?” I ran the tip of my nose against his neck.

“I don’t care about what Manta has to say about you. And whatever happened, whether it did or not, I really don’t care. I want to get to know you and I want to do it all on my own, without anyone’s help,” Vic started. “You gotta know, Alex. I didn’t think I’d be so ‘fond’ of you.”

“Oh so you’re mocking me now?” I smiled.

With a slight chuckle he said, “Shut up and let me talk!” he pecked my lips. “I don’t want you to feel as though I’m used to this attention. Okay, sure girls sometimes have no filter, but with you, I, on the other hand, have no filter. And you’re just so relaxed and alright around me.”

“You don’t know how many girly thoughts I’ve had around you, Vic,” I propped myself up on my arm to get a better look at him.

“Oh yeah? What kind of girly thoughts?”

“Them crazy FAN girl thoughts. Especially when we’re alone,” I smirked.

“Before you enlighten me on what those are, let me just tell you one more thing,” Vic said, sitting up and propping me up so our eye levels matched. He let our eyes rest upon one another’s for a good five seconds before opening his mouth to speak again. I could tell he was trying to prove a point. “You’re not just another fan to me. You’re Alex to me. And I’m not here to just play and get on a plane and never speak to you again. I’m gonna make sure you’re alright, wherever I am.”

And for some reason he didn’t look like Vic Fuentes of Pierce The Veil anymore. He just looked like an ordinary man. A man I was starting to fall for.
I leaned forward to give him a soft kiss while my hands collected the ends of the shirt I was wearing. His hands found it’s way and rested on top of mine, slowly taking it’s place in pulling off the shirt I had just put on not too long ago.

He then took off his shirt, revealing a smallish frame of a man underneath the bagginess of his sleeping attire. Vic scooped me up in his arms and placed me in the diamond of his folded legs so that my bum sat perfectly in his lap, the skin on our torsos touching for the first time.

Brushing his lips against the crane of my neck, his finger traced it’s way up my spine until it found the buckle of my bra. Clicking it open, I let the straps slid down my skinny arms felt my chest feel free as the cups fell between us. I threw my head back as Vic’s lips found it’s way to the skin of my bosoms, his warm mouth opening and closing ever so slowly, teasing my hormones with the warmth of his breath.

Turning me over so that he was on top of me, he took his sweats off. My heart started beating in my ears. I hadn’t touched a man in a while and I hadn’t known what to do with this hell of a man. I let my hands wonder in the valley in his back, his muscles clenching as his arms firmly held his body above me.

He stopped to look at me. My eyes not leaving his, I slid out of the pants he had given me to sleep in. If it was anyone I’d be doing this on a whim with, it had to be this guy. I knew I wasn’t going to regret this.

One strong arm holding up, he let his other hand run down the mid of my tummy, until it got to my underwear that was still a little damp from the swim.

“May I?” he softly asked. Nodding aggressively, he pulled down my underwear, helping me slide out of it with ease. He propped both his arms on either side of my head again and kissed me. Vic stopped to ask, “Are you sure?”

“Are you never going to speak to me again?”

“I guess it all really depends?”

Again with the back and forth questions. “Depends on what?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I cannot believe people are still reading this! I hope you enjoy this one! I get awkward writing love scenes but here's one for the ladies.