Status: RE-WRITING!!

I Won't Let Go

Chapter 9: Now

December 26th 2012

I woke with a start, my phone was vibrating on my bedside table and due to the massive hangover I had given myself my body ached when I stretched out my arm and my head throbbed in discomfort as I answered the mechanical device holding it to my ear.

“Hello,” my voice was groggy and there was a horrid taste on my tongue. If only I could remember what I drank last night that made me this hung over I might be less confused this morning.

“Morning Sunshine,” Rita’s chirpy voice came from the other end of the line causing my brain to scream profanities at me.

“Shhh…” was all I could muster before flopping my head back on my pillow and closing my sore eyes. Rita giggled from the other end of the line before she spoke.

“Well some one seemed to have a little too much fun last night.”

“What happened last night?” I asked trying to recall something, anything but nothing came, instead I was left floundering for any piece of information that could help me racking my brain as painful as it was there was nothing but blackness. What did I drink? The last thing I remember is Ethan being put down then Rita and I sharing a few drinks before it went black.

“Well if it isn’t obvious you got fairly hammered last night to the point you couldn’t stand up without falling over.”

“Shit,” I mumbled covering my eyes with my hands. “Anything else?”

“Yeah, you kept carrying on about a wedding dress… it was hard to know what you were trying to tell me considering your brain was working too fast for your mouth to register and get everything out so all I got were dribs and drabs.”

“How did I get home then?” I asked my mind buzzing.

“Zayn came and got you.”

“You called Zayn?” I cried embarrassed.

“Well I couldn’t take you and leave Ethan to fend for himself could I?” she asked her tone light and playful.

“I guess not,” I agreed rolling over so I was lying on my stomach.
Bad move.

There was a painful lurch and bile rose in my throat, dropping my phone I ran out of my room the bathroom before flinging myself over the ceramic bowl heaving up all the contents from last nights drinking shenanigans. Leaning against the bowl for a few moments I closed my eyes and with a shaking hand reached up and pressed the button getting to my feet. Staggering over to the basin I started the water up filling my hands and splashing my face riding my tears before placing my mouth under the faucet rinsing my mouth out. Reaching out I grabbed my toothbrush beginning to clean my teeth to rid the foul taste in my mouth. Resting my hands on the banister I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply.

I was startled when a warm hand pressed to my lower back rubbing soothing circles, a smile spread across my face and I opened my eyes expecting to see Zayn standing behind me disheveled from sleep and a tired smile on his face instead a pair of blue eyes looked up with me.

“Louis,” I gasped turning so I was facing him. “W-what are you doing here? Where’s Zayn?” I stammered.

“Liam wanted him to help him with something for the wedding.”

“Oh, okay… but the wedding isn’t for another four months.”

“Exactly… four months,” he emphasized on the four months, there was a playfulness reflected in his eyes and I couldn’t help but chuckle pulling my eyes from his looking down at my brightly coloured toe nails, strands of my dark hair falling in front of my face. The pain had returned to my stomach and I knew it wouldn’t be long until I was hunched over the ceramic bowl again.

“ARGH! Why did I drink?” I groaned wrapping one of my arms around my stomach to try and suppress the agony that was taking hold of me, “Remind me to never do that again,” I chuckled, causing my stomach to lurch, looking up at Louis. He had a sympathetic smile on his face as he looked down at me.

“Come on, let’s get you back to bed,” his words were smooth and soft as he reached out and wrapped one of his arms around my waist leading me back to my bedroom. Slowly I slipped onto the bed grabbing my phone seeing that the call had been disconnected I placed it on my bedside table snuggling under the blankets curling myself into a tight ball. “I’ll get you a bucket.”

My eyes grew heavy as I watched Louis walk out of the bedroom, inhaling deeply I let my eyes flutter closed listening as he began to rummage through my apartment looking for a bucket.

~


I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I know my stomach had twisted into painful knots and my throat was constricting I rolled over just in time to heave into a garbage lined bucket. Tears fell from my eyes as my body convulsed the acidic smell bought another wave of nausea causing my body to jerk violently.
“That’s a girl,” his words were smooth and his hand was moving slowly up and down my back soothing me. “Bring it up.” Once I had finished I wiped my mouth and rolled over wiping my eyes.

“Sorry,” I muttered, he forced a pained smile, groaning I pulled my blankets over my head hiding my face from him. “Go home Lou,” I mumbled from under my blankets.

“Avery, I’m not going anywhere until Zayn gets here, you need
someone to watch over you.”

“Louis,” I pulled my blankets back the cool air hitting my face, “Come on, you don’t need to be here… I am fine… it’s all self induced anyway,” I tried to laugh but it turned into a groan as my stomach disagreed with me.

He chuckled lowly, “You are so stubborn.”

“One of my many lovable traits,” I dead panned pulling my blankets back over my face. I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to grab hold of me again, I was startled when my bed moved, slowly I peaked out from underneath my quilt to see Louis grabbing the blankets and stepping in next to me. I was about to object when he spoke.

“Shut it,” he snapped sassily causing me to giggle. “Roll over,” hesitation caused my brows to rise quizzically but slowly I obeyed wincing as my stomach detested the movement.

“What are you doing?”

“Making you feel better,” his breath tickled the back of my neck as one of his arms wrapped around my middle and he molded his body next to mine. As much as I wanted to object I couldn’t because of how comfortable I felt in his embrace, instead I pressed my lips together and closed my eyes listening to our breathing, his chest moving against my back as his breath lightly fanned against my skin. A smile spread across my face as I was lulled back into the darkness of sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here is the next installment of I Won't Let go.
OOOOOOO.... That is all.
Please tell me what you think :D
What do you think will happen next?
thanks to all the readers, recommenders and subscribers

special shout out to the wonderful
paint.it.black
and amazing
lovelyacoustic
Thanks for the comments you are truly amazing

Image