Status: RE-WRITING!!

I Won't Let Go

Chapter 12: Then

I was roused from sleep due to the bright light glaring through my open curtains, groaning I pulled my pillow over my head and closed my eyes but my head had begun to pound and I knew I would have to get an Panadol if I wanted to fall asleep again. I didn’t want to move but the constant pounding forced me to. Sluggishly I pulled myself to my feet swaying slightly as I grabbed my head and took a deep breath.

“Fuck!” I cursed under my breath as I walked toward my bedroom door, pulling it open I walked down the short hallway before entering my kitchen. I staggered over to my small pantry cupboard pulling the door open and reaching up rummaging through my crap to find the drugs I needed. Several curse words were swimming around in my mind as I tried to remain quiet and find the medication at the same time. Finally my fingers grazed over the box I was looking for, “Thank you Jesus.” Pulling the box down I pulled out two tablets swallowing them without water before chucking the box on to the counter for Rita when she woke up growling.

“Do you always look this beautiful when you’re hungover?” my eyes widened and I spun on my heels coming face to face with Louis who was leaning against the door frame looking at me a lazy smile on his face, his voice thick with sleep and his brown hair falling losing its style from sleep. I didn’t know if he was being sarcastic or honest so instead I shrugged my shoulders.

“Dunno,” my voice was scratchy causing me to cough. He chuckled lightly before stepping into the room, the air around me thickening making it harder for me to breath and my heart to race.

“Do you mind?” he asked gently nodding his head in the direction of the tablet box.

“No, go your hardest,” I groaned at the sound of my voice before walking toward the sink turning the tap on I stuck my head under the faucet, too lazy to grab a glass, I drank from the running water.

“Your manners in the morning are impeccable,” I wiped the liquid from my chin before turning to look at the singer who stood in my kitchen a cheeky smile spread across his face and his arms folded across his chest.

“I know; I am such a lady!” I threw back knowing he was shit stirring, I ran my fingers through my tangled hair before speaking, “So…” it wasn’t much but it was enough to break the awkwardness in the cramped room.

“So… about last night.”

“What about last night?” I asked feigning ignorance to the events of last night even though my heart was beating rapidly against my rib cage and butterflies were zooming around in my stomach.

“Really?” he asked an incredulous look spreading across his face. “You don’t remember last night?”

“Not really,” I shrugged my shoulders pulling my eyes away from him and taking interest in my bare feet. “I mean I remember we drank but my thoughts are foggy after that.” The last part of the sentence came out as a mumble. I looked up when I heard laughter, he was laughing at me, not a light chuckle, no a real belly laugh with his head tilted back. A heat spread across my cheeks like wildfire. Quickly I made for the door, I wanted to get out of here, I wanted to crawl back into my room and hide under my blankets for the rest of the day. He knew I was lying. The embarrassment I felt was severe my eyes filled with tears as I hurried toward the door.
He stopped laughing just long enough to cut me off at the door. “Please move,” I asked my voice soft because I was afraid that my emotions would show.

“Aw shit!” all traces of laughter in his tone had vanished and he sounded serious. “Avery… I didn’t mean to make you cry… shit!” he cursed stumbling over his words, “you really don’t remember?”

Looking up I saw the worry on his face and I couldn’t keep the façade up. I had to tell him the truth, taking a deep breath I spoke in a small voice, “I-I remember,” I stammered. “But… I just… uhm… I wasn’t myself… I just…” I stammered over my words trying to say something but nothing was coming out.

“Avery?” he spoke his voice soothing me, taking a deep breath I tried again this time I looked up at him my eyes locking with his.

“I like you,” the words tumbled out without me thinking. My lips snapped shut and I looked up at the singer in front of me wide eyed. I had said it; I had just said that I liked him out loud! Why did I say that? A string of curse words wanted to slip through my lips but I couldn’t speak. “I-I-I.” it was as if the vowel was the only word due to how many times I repeated it. Pulling my eyes away from Louis I pushed my way past him desperate to get out of the room, I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole. I didn’t get far out the door before I felt his hand on my wrist gripping it firmly as he pulled me back “L-” my words were silenced by his lips pressed against mine. The shock of what was going on made my eyes widen and I went to pull away but his free hand gripped my hip drawing me closer. Slowly my eyes fluttered closed and I was able to comprehend that Louis Tomlinson was kissing me. The hand around my wrist vanished as it grabbed my hips drawing me closer to him, I sighed and wrapped my arms around his neck as our lips danced together. The kiss didn’t last for as long as I would have liked due to Rita waking and groaning in pain. Quickly I pulled away from Louis and turned my head in the direction of the lounge room.

“Avery,” his accent pulled me back to him, “I like you too,” a smile spread across his face and I couldn’t help the blush that spread across my face. I placed a kiss on his cheek before moving out of his hold and grabbing the Panadol box walking into the lounge room, laughing at the sight of my red haired friend.

“Shut up!” was all she said before I chucked the medication at her.

“That’ll teach you.” I sassed happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here it is! They Kissed and this time they weren't intoxicated! YAY Avery expressed her feelings for Lou... how cute.

I want to thank lovelyacoustic for her wonderful review on my previous chapter and all those who have read, subscribed and recced you're all amazing.

I hope this chapter has been worth the wait. Please drop a review and tell me what you think cheers

Image