Status: RE-WRITING!!

I Won't Let Go

Chapter 1: Then

December 30th 2011

“Thanks,” I handed a few notes over to my taxi driver before opening the door and stepping out, the bitter air of the morning nipping at my skin causing goosebumps to form on my arms. I tugged my jacket around me further before walking toward the entrance of the small café. I reached out one of my hands and pushed on the glass door. A tinkling of a bell resounded in the still empty shop, looking around I walked over to the counter where an elder woman with a warm smile stood her graying hair pulled back into a bun at the nape of her neck.

“Morning Alice,” I smiled sweetly.

“Ah, Avery good morning Love,” her British accent sounded so beautiful compared to my plain Australian one, I smiled at the woman as I slipped out of my jacket and pulled my dark strands into a high ponytail. Slipping my jacket into the crook of my arm I walked out into the back area slipping it onto a rack and hanging my bag behind it. Adjusting my rectangular apron I walked out so I was standing behind Alice, she was busily placing the money into the till, while standing behind her I spoke.

“So do you think it’s gonna get busy today?”

“With any luck it will,” she stated over her shoulder before pushing the drawer shut and turning to look at me, a warm smile graced her features. “Well you ready for this Love?”

“Yep.”

“That’s my girl,” she chuckled reaching out one of her hands and gently patting my shoulder before padding away into the kitchen. Looking up at the large clock mounted on the wall I read the numbers.

7:50.

Ten more minutes until opening time, I swallowed to try and rid the butterflies that were zooming around my stomach and wiped the thin layer of sweat that had formed in my palms on my black skirt.

Everything was going to be fine.

I won’t mess up.

I reassured myself before taking a deep breath and mouthing four words.

Come at me bro!

*~*~*


“Avery, I need you to take orders” Rita called at me as she worked the coffee machine; I closed the glass door of the display compartment and nodded my head at the red headed teenager. Grabbing a pad I walked over to the newly filled table.

I slowed down and looked at the boys who sat around the table, they were dressed in hoods, sunglasses, beanies and caps, I wasn’t sure whether to laugh or be scared. Shaking my head I took a deep breath, swallowed and plastered a smile across my face as I walked toward them.

“Hello, what can I get you boys?” I asked as I extracted a pen from my hair and pressed it to the paper looking at each of them. The male who spoke was dressed in a purple hoodie and had straight brown hair.

“Yeah, we’ll all have a tea,” his voice was deep and he spoke with an aura of maturity.

“I don’t wanna tea,” another spoke, a thick Irish accent making my heart flutter, he turned and looked a me a pair of Ray-Ban sunnies resting on the tip of his nose as his blue eyes locked with my coffee coloured ones, “I’ll have a coffee.”

“Gosh Liam!” one of the other’s spoke, he had a higher pitched voice, he wore a grey beanine and Ray-Ban Aviators, “I don’t want just any old tea…” he trailed off, his tone sassy, and looked at me pulling his glasses further down his nose and I locked eyes with his startling blue ones. “I’ll have a Yorkshire tea.”

“You got it,” I chuckled as I scribbled down the order. “So let me get this straight, a tea for you three,” I indicated to the male with the purple jumper, another with jet black hair and another with a mop of brown curls, “a coffee for you,” I looked at the Irish male, he nodded his head, “and a Yorkshire tea?” I emphasized on the name as I looked at the sassier one of the five.

“That’s correct,” the sassy one stated, a smile twitched at the corners of my mouth but I bit my tongue nodding my head then turning around and walking back to the service desk. I walked over to Rita and handed her the order.

“Yorkshire tea ay?” she smiled gazing at the white square of paper.

“Yep,” I nodded my head and went back to sorting out the cakes compartment.

“WAIT! Yorkshire tea… Who did you take this order from?” I spun my head around to look at the red haired girl, her eyes were darting from the piece of paper to mine, they were the size of saucers.

“Uhm the table down the back, hoods and sunnies,” I commented, I watched as Rita scrambled to the front desk her feet sliding and hitting the enamel, I winced at the bag of her shin on the hard surface.

“Oh my GOD!” she squealed before jumping around in circles like a lunatic. My brows knotted together and I slowly pushed myself into a standing position.

“Uh… What are you so excited about?” I paused watching her bounce around, “it’s just a table of guys.”

“Just a table of guys, just a table of guys! Are you insane?!” I jumped at her emphasis and enthusiasm in her words, she lunged forward her hands groping around my shoulders and her green eyes staring into mine. “Don’t you know who they are?”

“Obviously not,” I stated staring back at her. Her features dropped and she pulled me out into the back. “Rita, customers!” I pointed out as I turned my head to look at the doorway we had just walked through, well I was pulled through.

“They can wait,” she stated flippantly, “You’re telling me that you have no idea who those boys are?” Slowly I shook my head and my brows knotted tighter together. “Oh my Gosh girl, they are only just the hottest Boy Band of this year…” she trailed off a dazed look spreading across her face, I rose an eyebrow to urge her one.

“Annnd they are?” I dragged out the ‘n’ sound.

“Wow, you really must have lived under a rock back in Australia.”

“Ah, but it was a very spacious and homey rock,” I stated.

“Whatever,” she giggled before continuing to speak, “Those boys there are…” she paused and took a deep breath, “One Direction.”

“Who?” I felt my face twist in confusion.

“Are you serious, only the best band since the Beatles…”

“Never liked the Beatles,” I mumbled.

“Well whoever was big in Australia.”

“Uh huh, whatever you say Rita,” I shrugged turning and walking back out to the awaiting customers. I couldn’t help but let my eyes linger back to the table furthest from the shop door. Five boys sat laughing with each other.

Tonight I have to find out who this One Direction band is.
I thought to myself before turning my attention to my customer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I know it's been ages since I updated this but I wanted to finish my previous Niall story before I updated this one and now that I have... Here it is the first, proper, chapter of I Won't Let Go.

AND WOW!
Image
Okay, I'm back... I've only posted one chapter and already I have 6 recommendations, 77 readers and 34 subscribers as well as 3 wonderful comments who I will give a shout out to
Impulsive Freedom
fertile myrtle

and
xomrsmalikxo
Image <-- Dean said it
oh and here
have a Harry Gif because he is adorable and sexy at the same time :P
Image