Status: Slow going. Layout coming soon.

LionHearts

Chapter 11;

"Misteria!" Zura called out in the same instant he snatched Misteria's sword from August's waistband. She already knew what was coming, and without so much as glancing behind her, held out her hand and caught the black blade in her hand.

"Let's make the finale fun~! Bets, bets, we all love a bet!" The Adar chirped as his head turned like hands on a clock. "If I win, I can consume your heart and get the Everity. If I lose, you can use the ancient spell to learn a very big secret about the new Dragon Keeper's whereabouts. Because I know~ Yes, yes, why yes, I know the location."
Her teeth gridded together as major irritation began to cause her hand that grasped her sword to twitch. Without even agreeing, she lunged.

And the Adar's head came clean off, rolling about the ground until its beak dug into the dirt of the cave and stopped the motion.

"It didn't...fight?" August observed, the statement becoming more of a question.
"There's only one reason why a great beast like an Adar would do so." Zura murmured, the tension showing clear in the strained words and rigid shoulders.
"It wanted...to die." Misteria whispered to the head of the now-corpse. She knelt next to it, and using her life force, held out her hand over the skull.
"By Gaia's grace, relieve your secret and bleed it into me." The spell's words were more like a poem, Misteria always admired the "final wish" spell. As the words faded to silence, something began to swirl in the Adar's opened beak. A blue energy whirl-pooled in the depths of the creature's throat, and soon floated to Misteria's hands in the form of butterflies. Blue Monarchs dissolved in the pink-violet encasement of her hand, her life force drinking it up.

They fled with knowledge, yes. What a wise dragon she was. To another land. To where the sun sets. My, my, princess. You have such long journeys ahead~. The cooing voice of the Adar echoed in her mind. Standing abruptly, Misteria turned sharply to her comrades.

"Let's get out of this damn cave, I've had enough."
"What was the secret, Mis?"
"August."
"Misteria, I- I mean."
Zura chuckled beneath a hand, hiding his smile as his prince swallowed heavily.
"It's secret was simple. The new dragon keeper is in another kingdom- one where the sun sets."
"It couldn't mean..."
"Solee. They're...enemies of us, though. Misteria, it wouldn't be wise."
"I know, but we have to..."
"Why?"
"My father went to the border for a treaty. He may be there as well."
"Three against a kingdom?" Zura spoke up, a grin spreading. "I like those odds."
Misteria looked over to her comrade with an equally wide smile, "I agree."
August could only hold his head in his hands, mumbling into his palms- "Masochists. I'm surrounded by insane masochists."