Status: Slow going. Layout coming soon.

LionHearts

Chapter 13;


"Just leave me alone Augustus!" Misteria yelled from her perch high in an apple tree.

The young princess glared down at her foe, her long tresses tangles in the branches giving her a crazed look that the young boy couldn't help but giggle over. His rich blue eyes shined in the sunlight of the noon sun as he squinted up at her.

"I can see your under garments, Missy!"
"Shut up!" She snapped, quickly pulling her legs tighter and with her free hand, scooped up the flowing silk of her day dress and tucked it under her bum. She continued to glare at the boy.

"C'mon, tell me what I did wrong!"
"Everything! I don't want to marry you!"
"We still have 10 years! Can't we be friends?"
"We can be friends if you promise not to go through with it!"

For a split moment, a pain shone striking in his eyes, one Misteria couldn't never understand. But as soon as it appeared- it vanished. With a smug smirk, August held out his hand.
With a glistening hope butterflying in her stomach, Misteria grabbed the outstretch hand and fell into his arms.


_______________

Misteria sat on a boulder in the midst of the woods, staring up at an elm tree that looked old, and sturdy with its broad arms. With a huff, she climbed up. Monkeying her way up the branches until she perches on the highest one that could withstand her weight.

A rustle came from a far bush, and the princess automatically eased her way in to blend in with the leaves until she saw who broke free from the foliage.

"Misteria? August told me you were around here...why did he send me though?" The last part sounded more like a comment to himself. Soon, he called louder. "Misteria?"

Swinging down to a lower branch, Misteria peaked through two smaller arms of the elm.
"Right here."

Zura's cloudy eyes locked on her instantly and he gave a sort of small smile of relief. Walking over, her held out his hand to help her down. An odd sense of deja vu occurred to Misteria, and something urged her not to take his hand. It screamed at her not to. Something tugged at her stomach lining that told her that only one person was allowed to do that. Shaking her head, and pushing the feeling away, she grabbed the outstretched hand.

"Come on, you need sleep. The bags under your eyes are terrible." Zura murmured as he tugged her down. causing Misteria to fall into his arms.