Status: Slow going. Layout coming soon.

LionHearts

Chapter 14;

Days passed and August, did in fact, stay away from her. He let Zura take her right sighed while her newfound pet, Niche took her left and he himself trailed far behind. Misteria still felt his intense gaze bore into her skull but she flippantly ignored his anger and continued on while a growing sickness manifested in her gut that caused it to churn. Guilt? She shook it off easily.

"What's...that?"
Misteria snapped out of it to see a trembling, gravel-resembling mass. She sighed.
"Golem."
As she spoke the beat roared to life and stood, it's feet making a squishing sound like a boulder crushing a bear, letting its insides explode. It grumbled something in another language, that the princess recognized a s a warning.
"We're entering a wizard's territory."
Zura scoffed, Wizards and Alchemist never got a long. One used science and the other used myth and faith.
"Wonder who's it is.." August mused quietly from behind, almost in a sulking manner.

The golem then picked up its battle axe that blended in with a thick oak and swung. Misteria's reflect was automatic- she snatched her blade from its sheath and jumped back. The axe's blade was wedged in the ground at the spot she would have been if she had not moved a second sooner.

"Kila Remem Dar." The Golem rumbled in fury, its masters fury no doubt.
"Send your master to us if he wants us gone!" Misteria barked the order, "We need to venture through, and we will wither way by killing him or making an agreement! It's your master's choice!"

With another curse in ancient tongue, the golem raised its axe and swung, Misteria raised her sword to block, the weight of the monster pressing her heels further into the dirt and pushing her back. Zura reacted finally, making symbols on a tree and channeling his life force into it, he caused the tree to form bow and arrow, the arrow's tip had a special energy that would dispel the golem's own spell work. Aiming, he shot it out and hit the magic made animal in the eye. But he remained. The sign made his stomach sink. A strong wizard beyond Zura's ability? This wouldn't end well.

August ran up from his shocked state to Misteria's side, slashing into the thing's arm with his twin blades viciously, the Golem responded by changing targets to him. August grinned in blood lust as his eyes trained on the thing.

"Stop!" A voice rumbled through the passage of trees, stopping August's lunge before it occurred. Misteria spotted the blended in figure that was definitely female. So a witch, then?

"We need to get through!" Misteria commanded.
"Ahh, the princess is gracing me with her presents but demands to leave right away? Not polite, dear." The girl who emerged was younger it seemed from Misteria herself. 16, at the most. Her hair was wild, like tree branches, the dreads falling down to the middle of her back. She wore a deer skin dress like a native would and bare feet. Moss was growing up her arms and legs while ivy intertwined with her hands making bracelets. Her pale green eyes spotted Zura and she smiled, a very kind one at that.

"And you are the one who tried to dispel my golem? Good try, sir, good try."
Zura tried to keep his growl low as the detest was evident even from afar.
Misteria was too intrigued. Was she really this young and yet so powerful. Instantly, she bowed her head in respects tot he girl's strength. August scoffed, never seeing such submission coming from the girl who always fought it.

"I'm sorry for my rude behavior, I suppose I'm stressed. If you'd like, we can have a meal together and speak on level ground?"
The witch grinned, "Isn't this a treat? The princess of the kingdom I was exiled from wants to treat me as an equal. So much a treat, and so interesting. Yes, yes, this way Misteria Jean Archshure."

August's expression sank, not having a good feeling while Zura's was just a mask of hate to the girl younger than he- who bested him. Misteria, feeling most cautious and delighted, couldn't help but give a clever smirk at the witch as she grinned knowingly up at her. Somehow, they were exactly the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short. Sorry my updates are sucking as of late.