Status: Slow going. Layout coming soon.

LionHearts

Chapter 7;

How did she get here, and why was she so stupid? Those were the only two questions that were going through Misteria's head as she stared down an Adar. The griffin-like bird creature glared at her as well. It's wings were close to its lion-like body, its golden fur stained with the crimson of its latest victim. Its eagle beak opened, but soon closed, deciding not to speak. Its human eyes were wide, and a striking violet.

With her dagger poised in front of her for protection, she took a step to the side. Behind her lay a sink hole she had been stuck in- prior to discovering she was being stalked by an ever-gluttonous Adar. The thing chirped with a giggle as it studied the mortal.

"Didn't you just have supper?" Misteria examined the corpse that lay behind the bird. "You should let me go and hunt me for a midnight snack."

Why didn't I keep my blade? Why am I such an idiot? Dammit!
As she took another half-step, the Adar responded by flinging its wings out, sending a strong bellow of wind her way and successfully making her stance falter. Wobbling for only a moment, a moment was all that the Adar needed from the princess. With a lethal speed, the creature was face to face now with her. Beak to nose. She smelt its irony breath and the wormy stench that rose off its feathers. The dirty white, sandy brown, and gold blending in a whirl on its face.

"Why, now I know I've recognized you from somewhere." It mused, "Now where, oh where, have I seen thee?"

A sharp intake gave her away, Misteria could have screamed a bounty of cusses to herself then. The bird's eyes lightened to blue at the realization. Glee overwhelming the thing, causing the now-blue hues to lighten to an icy white.

"Princess Misteria Jean Archshure. Isn't this a bit far from home?"
Misteria smirked, some sort of dark bravery manifesting. "I believe that's my point, dear Adar. I've come looking for my father."
It's cooing like voice grew in pitch, getting higher with curiosity, which flipped its white hues to a now-gold that matched her own eye color.
"The king is missing? My oh my~"
"Now if you would, let me go." She demanded sternly, which only brought that chirping laughter back.

"But wouldn't it be oh so interesting, and very much all fun- if you went missing too?"
It asked it like she had a choice, a question, like it wanted her opinion.

But she sensed it. That impending doom. That "Oh Enfer" moment.
And before she could even make her move to escape,
darkness overwhelmed her as the Adar captured her within its wings.
♠ ♠ ♠
Written really fast. In class. xP
Sorry about that.
Excited for what's next~? (; I quite enjoy writing conversations with the Adar.They'll be more to come!