Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. c:

Take One Last Breath

Turn the Page

..::Dunn’s POV::..

“Aw, does Novak miss his wittle love bird?” I continued to tease Novak as we sat in Bam’s living room. He had disappeared, and I was bored. That was quite unfortunate for Brandon.

“Shut up,” he grumbled. I could tell he was still tired, since I woke him by posing on the dresser next to his bed as Spiderman, and threw darts at him. He wasn’t too happy about that.

“Maybe she got hitched and moved to a different country,” I pushed further, and his face grew red.

“So fucking what if she did?” Novak blew up.

“You loved her, that’s all,” I smirked at my accomplishment.

“I didn’t, but either way, she rejected me, so she can marry who she wants, and move to wherever. I. Don’t. Care,” he said, sounding quite frustrated.

“Rejection from Austin. Something I definitely saw in the future the moment you laid eyes on her,” Bam said as he appeared out of nowhere, “and about the whole ‘different country’ thing, you were right on,” Bam finished.

“What,” Novak and I both said in unison as we stood up from the couch.

“Calm down. She called Kori, and the number had a Helsinki area code,” Bam informed us.

“As in Finland?” I asked, not really believing all of this. Why would Austin just pack up and go to Finland out of nowhere, and not tell anybody?

“No, fucking China, dumbass,” Bam spat playfully, “Yes, Finland. I’m thinking we’ll head out on Thursday, and be there by Friday. We’re going on a little treasure hunt,” he said, giving us a smirk.

“Bam, it’s Tuesday,” Novak pointed out.

“Yeah, and if you assholes wanna come, get packed,” he told us, and we both nodded, “and I was thinking we’d get Ville and the Dudesons to help.”

“No, no, no, no, no, no, no,” Novak said, instantly seeming nervous, “Not the Dudesons, for the love of god, not them, please,” he started begging, “I swear, they have a goal to get me killed. Especially Jarppi. Fucking Jarppi…” he trailed off, mumbling incoherently as he walked around with his head in his hands.

“Ville? as in Valo?” Kori appeared in the room, an everybody looked at her.

“Yeah,” Bam said, and smiled at her. That smile lasted only a second before he rolled his eyes and scoffed, “Not like it fucking matters. Who said you could come?” But I caught that smile, and I couldn’t get it out of my head. I made a note to ask him about it in private, and not to point it out right now. But…just…the fucking smile. If Kori saw it, she made no sign of noticing it, so maybe she didn’t catch it

“Come on,” she returned the scowl, “She’s my best friend. I have to go. You can’t just leave me here with…Missy,” Kori acted as if the name made her want to barf.

“You’re right,” Bam smirked deviously, “So I’ll just take Missy, solve that problem for you,” Bam patted the crown of Kori’s head, causing her to scowl gravely.

“Watch where you put that hand, Margera. It would be quite…unfortunate, had you wake up and find it not attached to your arm,” I couldn’t help but laugh at her threat.

“Come on, let her come, Bam. There’s going to be a cat fight that I’d like to witness. Isn’t it obvious how pissed off Kori is at Austin?” I pointed out, and Bam seemed to weigh this in his head, and then looked at Kori.

“Fine, but if there isn’t blood, you’re buying your own ticket home,” he said, and Kori smirked before walking away.

“Ticket home? Where are you guys going?” Missy said, interrupting everybody from their thoughts. Lately, she had gotten quite annoying, and her presence made me want to smash my face into the pavement. Her voice made me want to drive pointy shit through my ears.

“Finland. Gotta find Austin,” Bam said shortly. Missy raised an eyebrow.

“How do you know she’s there?” she asked, most likely doubting she’d be there.

“Because I fucking know, Missy. Jesus Christ, do you not trust anything I do? I’m not fucking five,” Bam exploded, and Missy seemed overtly pissed at his.

“Excuse me?” She said crossing her arms, uncrossing them, and put them on her hips, “Who the hell are you talking to?” She asked.

“You,” he said before walking out. Missy followed close behind, yelling at him. I pursed my lips until I heard their bedroom door shut, then let out my laughter, finding Novak joining me. She finally got what was coming to her, and I was only so glad that I was there to witness it. Overall, though, I was glad to have Bam back, and not taking Missy’s shit like he’d been doing lately.

“What’s so funny,” Hanna asked as he walked into the room, and I swiped the tears from my left eye away with my index finger.

“Missy,” I managed to breathe out.

“So funny,” Novak finished, and I managed to stop laughing just long enough to punch him in the balls, and watch him kneel over, groaning in pain. That had left Hanna and I on the ground laughing. After a while, Hanna and I sobered up, though Novak was still on the ground, clutching his junk. We both made our way to the kitchen, and I grabbed two beers from the fridge as we both sat down.

“Alright, so are you going to tell me what’s up, now?” Hanna asked, and I nodded as I took a drink from my bottle.

“Well, we found that Austin’s in Helskini. She called, apparently, so we’re leaving Thursday. Missy walked in as we were talking about him, and started testing Bam’s knowledge on the whole thing. He put Missy in her place, and she was not very happy about that,” I told him, and he nodded.

“Missy talking…glad I missed that,” Hanna said, “Is Kori here, then? She’s probably all pissed about something Bam did,” he said, and I nodded.

“She’s here, somewhere, don’t know exactly where,” I told him, and he nodded, though he didn’t move.

“KNOXVILLE,” Kori’s yell ringed in our ears, as did Knoxville’s laugh a few seconds later. Hanna and I quickly got up, finding Knoxville using the pool table to keep himself up as he laughed, “get me the FUCK DOWN,” Kori’s screams came from above us as we looked up to see her taped to the large ceiling fan, watching it spin as fast as it could. A laugh escaped my lips as I stealthily gave Knoxville a hidden low five.

“I don’t know about that, Kori. Every time I get you down, I always get hurt,” he teased.

“I’ll find a way to kill you,” she growled, her voice spinning around the room just as she was.

“Where’s Novak?” Knoxville asked.

“Dunn punched him in the balls,” Hanna said, and I shrugged like it was nothing.

“He’ll get over it. You know him,” I said, and Knoxville nodded, and looked back up at Kori.

“How are you holding up?” Knoxville asked.

“Fuck you,” Kori hissed, and Knoxville laughed again.

..::Austin’s POV::..

I forgot whose party we were at. I was higher than I needed to be. Scary high, actually. I thought I was shooting up heroine, but who knows what the guy said. He was speaking Finnish, and the only word I recognized was “illegal”. Ville was here, don’t know if he still is. I hope he is, because the last thing I need is to fall asleep in a dumpster in an alley way. Perhaps whoever was throwing this party wouldn’t mind if I crashed here for a night. I needed to get back home, maybe make breakfast. I didn’t know what I wanted right now, I couldn’t function. I started swaying around the room, unsure of where I was going. I crawled up a set of stairs, and searched for an empty room. Once I found one, I collapsed on the bed, knowing tomorrow I’d have a striking headache.

Then I was flying. No, wait. I was on a bed, not flying. But I was moving. I peeked one eye open, looked down, and saw that I was indeed floating. I then looked up to see Ville’s face over mine, and then the realization came to me. I wasn’t floating, he was carrying me. He closed my eyes again, and rested my head on his chest, “Why do you always live so far from whatever party we’re at,” I asked, my voice slurring.

“Darling, the party was at our house, and you fell asleep in the guest room. I’m carrying you to our bed…which is just next to the guest room,” he informed me, and I laughed at my own stupidity.

“Well you know what they say about leprechauns,” I laughed, and then shut up as he laid me on the bed, putting the covers over me.

“What do they say about leprechauns, Austine?” he asked, and I heard the thump of his shoe as it hit the floor.

“I’unno,” I mumbled, and he crawled over me to get in bed himself. His arm wrapped around my waist, and he lay his head in the nape of my neck. Instantly, I was knocked out again.

I woke up again, though I was in Bam’s huge backyard. None of the boys could see me, though Kori was sitting by herself on the diving board. I walked over to her, to talk to her, and ask her how I got here. As soon as I approached her, she tackled me into the water, drowning me, not letting me breathe…

I gasped for air as I shot straight up from the bed, and out of Ville’s arms. It was still dark outside, and I looked over at the alarm clock to see that it was only three in the morning. It was just a nightmare. It wasn’t real. I wiped the sweat from my forehead, and got out of bed. I needed a glass of water. I walked into the bathroom without turning on the light, and turned on the faucet. What was I doing?

..::Dunn’s POV::..

“Knoxville, it’s not that deep. Three, four stitches maximum,” I told him as I drove him to the hospital. Kori had fallen from the ceiling fan, and after she woke up from being knocked out for a few hours, she went for Knoxville. The first thing she grabbed was a butter knife, which she stabbed through Knoxville’s hand. He was taking it like a champ, though. Only passes out if he looks at it for long then three seconds.

“She’s a spawn of Satan. I swear,” He said before looking at the knife through his hand, then passed out again. We left Hanna at home to calm down Kori, and Novak might have passed out from pain when I punched him. It was quiet for a few minutes as I sped down the highway, until Knoxville gasped again, “What happened?” He asked, as he kept doing every time he woke up from passing out.

“Kori shoved a butter knife through your hand,” I said, which had become a well remembered sentence.

“AH,” He screamed as he looked at it, and then passed out again. This time, we neared the hospital, and I got him out of the car, and through the emergency room doors. I took him up to the nurse, and showed her Knoxville’s hand. She gasped before she got up, and started running down the halls, hopefully for a doctor. She came back with two paramedics who brought a gurney, and they laid Knoxville on it, taking him back to an emergency room.

“Are you his brother?” the nurse asked me, and I shook my head.

“Best friends,” I informed her, and she nodded.

“Mind telling me why your best friend has a butter knifed lodged in his hand?” she pried, and I laughed.

“Damn idiot thought his hand was stronger than the knife. Now the whole emergency room will know the answer to that,” I lied, and she smiled disapprovingly.

“Oh, that’s nice,” she said, then went back to her work.

©Shannon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers and subscribers. A special thanks to the following for the comments;
MoMo_92
ninapple

F-fucking fair enough.

xoxo, Shannon