Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. c:

Take One Last Breath

Maybe Six Feet Ain't So Far Down

..::Austin’s POV::..

I leaned in against Ville as he wrapped an arm around me. I didn’t want to leave my bed, or the comfort of Ville’s arms, “Are you alright, Austin?” he asked suddenly, interrupting me from my thoughts. I just looked up at him, and nodded slightly. Really, I didn’t know what to say as I was at a loss of words. By the way Novak’s eyes had been dilated, and his random aggressiveness, I would say he was high on some type of drug. I went back to staring off into space when Hanna came in through the door.

“Kori just beat the absolute shit out of Novak. I couldn’t fucking breath, I was laughing so hard,” he said as he came in and sat on my other side, “I’m sorry that happened to you,” he said more sincerely, “I’ll kill the fucker next time I see him. If we ever see him. I think he was just scared shitless from ever coming here again.” He informed me, and it brought a small smile to my face.

“Tell me more,” I said weakly, wanting to hear what had happened.

“Well, Kori was about one pool stick away from killing Novak, and Phil walked in, broke up the fight, and Novak fled. I don’t think we’ll be seeing him around any time soon,” he continued. My smile got a little brighter, then faded somewhat.

“I just didn’t think he was that kind of person,” I admitted, remembering when he had taken me out for lunch and to the library. He’d seemed like a nice guy that I almost felt bad for shooting down. Now I know I made a good choice.

“He’s never been predictable. He was probably shooting up more fucking heroine,” he told me, and I nodded.

“I thought he stopped that,” Ville cut in, and Hanna shook his head.

“He said he did, but I’ve caught him a couple times. I haven’t said anything, and I think I’m the only one who knows. Plus, he’s do-whatever-the-fuck-he-wants Novak. A promise isn’t shit coming from him,” he quickly clarified.

“Well I guess its good he’s gone,” Ville said, “He had it out for me anyways,” he chuckled, and squeezed my shoulders reassuringly.

“He was like in love with Austin, and you guys got married, and it didn’t stoke his pickle too well. But anyways, I’m gonna go check on Kori and Bam, see if she hasn’t rampaged yet,” he said while standing up. He gave me a last smile before leaving the room, putting me alone with Ville.

“So why’d you come a day early? I thought you were supposed to come tomorrow,” I asked, and he lay back on the bed. I turned around halfway to look at him as he shrugged.

“Wanted to surprise you all. Can’t say I’m not glad I showed up,” he admitted, and a smile creeped onto my face, “Why? Do you dislike me?” He asked sarcastically.

“Actually, I missed you,” we went quiet after my words. He’d probably been surprised at them, just as I was. I didn’t know how much I missed him until he was holding me. If it had been anybody else but Kori who came to get me from Ville’s, I’d probably have said no and stayed. It was a moment before Ville sat back up, and cupped my cheeks. I looked into his eyes before my own closed, and Ville’s lips attached to mine.

“Are we interrupting something?” Kori’s voice filled my ears, and I quickly pulled away to look at her as she stood in my doorway, next to an irritated Bam.

“Kind of,” Ville said slowly, taking his other hand from my waist.

“Tell me you two aren’t a thing,” Bam said quickly, and I looked at Ville then back to Bam.

“What?” I asked, not sure what to say back to him.

“Because I strictly forbid it. No. There’s no way in hell. I’d shove my dick into a bear trap before I’d let you two be a thing,” he said, pointing at us.

“Haven’t you already had sex with Missy?” I asked, leaving him to only stare at me blankly, but earning me a laugh from Kori.

“Reminds me of the movie Teeth,” Ville quickly said, and Bam’s face went pale.

“I’m gonna get out of here,” he said, taking a few steps back out of the door, then ran down the hall. I looked at Ville in amazement, almost ready to wrap my arms around him.

“Holy fucking shit, you found a way to get rid of him,” I said, smiling brightly. My mood had quickly been shifted from what had happened to now.

“Now I need to get rid of Ville,” Kori said, “Ville, would you mind giving us a minute or two?” she asked, and Ville nodded.

“I’m going to go torment Bam with repeating the events of Teeth. I’ll see you,” he kissed me on the forehead before he got up, and passed Kori as he left the room. Kori was soon sitting where Ville had been, and she gave me a soft smile.

“Are you alright?” she asked me, and I nodded.

“I’m freakin’ dandy. I heard you went at him with pool sticks,” I said, causing her to laugh.

“He deserved every fucking one of them, that bastard. I’ll kill him if he ever comes around here again,” she told me, and I nodded.

“Not that I mind much. Have at it, I’ll be the last person to stop you,” I told her, and she leaned onto my shoulder.

“You deserve better,” she told me shortly, sighing deeply.

“Please. I’ve been digging my own grave since I was fourteen. I’m starting to think six feet isn’t so far,” I said, leaning back onto my elbows, “I have better, and I keep pushing it away. I have the most amazing friend anybody could fucking ask for. I have a great cousin along with his family and friends. And I have Ville,” I said, a smile weaving its way onto my face.

“What’s going on between the two of yous anyways?” she asked curiously, grabbing one of the pillows on my bed, and shoving it under her head as she lay back.

“I don’t know, but I’d like there to be something. He makes me happy, you know? And he cares. I feel bad for leaving him, and I’m just thinking…maybe I wanna go back,” I admitted, and Kori looked over at me.

“This time around I wouldn’t come looking for you…so long as I knew you were doing alright,” she said, then started to play with the fabric on the sheet.

“It’s just a thought. Not something I really have planned out,” I said, and she nodded.

“I would miss you. You know that, though,” she said, and I rested on one of the many other pillows on the bed.

“You know I’d also miss you. You’re the closest person I have, and this is where I draw the line to getting in depth about our friendship. This went from knowing we care to just sappy,” I said, sitting up.

“You’re right, and we’re missing Ville torment Bam. Why would we miss that?” she asked, and we stood up together. As we started walking, I jumped onto her back, pointing my finger up into the air.

“TALLY HO!” I yelled, and she pushed me off of her.

“You’re too heavy to ride on my back, woman,” she said as she started walking again, and I pouted.

“I’m not that obese,” I said as I caught up to her.

“WHAT THE FUCK,” Ville yelled from down the stairs, followed by heavy laughter from the guys.

“That sure does get said a lot around here,” I pointed out as we started descending the staircase. Once we found the area where all the noise was coming from, Ville was gone, everybody was still giggling, and Bam was drinking a lot of beer.

“What the hell is going on down here?” Kori asked, heading over to Bam.

“Bam threw up on Ville because Ville kept talking about how vagina dentate was taking off dicks, and some fingers,” Knoxville said, taking a swig from his own glass.

“I can’t be around any of you anymore,” Bam said sounding out of breath.

“I second that,” I said, laughing a bit.

“Though I still don’t know which one is more disgusting. That movie, or you and Ville making out,” he said, and everybody looked over at me.

“I hate you,” I said, before sitting down, reaching for my own glass of beer.

“Ah, ah, ah,” Hanna grabbed the glass before I could, “You’re underage. Plus, the more of this you drink, the less of it I can. I don’t take too kindly to people drinking my beer,” he said, now holding the glass as if it were the last one on earth.

“You suck, too,” I huffed, slumping back in my chair.

“I can always get some apple juice for you,” Knoxville teased, and I glared at him.

“No thanks, Clapp. I don’t want to drink anything yellow that you hand to me,” I told him, then placed my head down on the counter.

“You’re right. It’s probably best that you don’t,” he agreed, and I shook my head before I yawned.

“I think I’m gonna head to bed. I’m super fucking tired,” I said, getting up from the stool, “Night, ya’ll,” I turned around and headed out of the kitchen and up the stairs to my room. I wasn’t all that tired, I just mostly wanted to be alone and away from everybody. I stripped off my clothes, and changed into an oversized Bauhaus t-shirt, and slipped under the covers of my bed. I turned over, holding one of my pillows and staring at the wall even though my eyes hadn’t adjusted to the dark just yet. My thoughts started drifting off, thinking about what I wanted and what I was willing to sacrifice. First off, would Ville mind if I wanted to move back to Finland with him? Second, would Kori be okay with it?

“I’ve never seen you this blanked out before falling asleep,” Ville’s voice interrupted my thoughts, and I looked up at him. I didn’t even hear him come in, or notice him sitting directly in front of me.

“I was just thinking things through,” I admitted. He slid down into a laying position, and I wove my arms around him, resting my head in the crook of his neck.

“What type of things?” he asked, and I shrugged. I didn’t really know what to say. Make up something or just tell him dead on what I’ve been thinking?

“You. Me. Us,” I said, glad he wouldn’t be able to see the pink that was tinting my face.

“Us? And what exactly about us?” He asked, amusement in his voice.

“I don’t know,” I said honestly, wishing I could crawl into a hole and die.

“You know you can tell me anything, Austine,” He said softly, and I nodded.

“I am. I’m saying I don’t know what’s going on between us. I….I really do like you,” I admitted sheepishly. I felt like a far cry from the type of person I really was. I didn’t do relationships. I didn’t do caring or sharing or love because I always fuck it up, always. But for some reason, I felt like I was fucking up for leaving his behind. I did care about him. A lot.

“I’m glad to hear that,” he said, the smile obvious in his voice, “That means now I can tell you that I really came back to try and convince you to stay with me.” I had goosebumps all over my arms, and the hair on the back of my neck started standing up. I didn’t know I had gone silent until he started talking again, “It’s been very lonely without you. We could come back here any time you’d like to visit, and Kori could come visit us, since she’s always welcome. But I’ve grown to….well, I love you, I think,” he said, and there was a rather large smile on my face.

“I’ll come with you,” I said without hesitation. Somehow this day had gone from horrifying to amazing. A part of me was screaming happiness, the other part of me was still clinging on to Ville’s words. I wasn’t ready for love yet, and I’m sure he’d understand. But maybe someday I would be ready for it.

“I’m very happy to hear that, Austin,” he said, kissing my forehead. We went quiet after that, and this time I wasn’t arguing with myself anymore through my thoughts. I let myself drift off to sleep.

©Shannon
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm alive. :3

FAIR ENOUGH. Thank you to Saleigh for putting up with my absence.

xoxo, Shannon.