Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. c:

Take One Last Breath

These Little Moments

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Kori’s POV*^
After Johnny had brought Bam and I up to our room, narrowly avoiding smirks and everything in between on the way up here, he’d just thrown us onto the bed with our stuff and laughed as he walked out. Luckily, Bam and I had managed to twist and turn around and get each other out of the duct tape, in a couple fucking hours. I was exhausted despite the fact I fell asleep on the uber long car ride over. I had no clue how long I’d been in that car either, but by the time I got out of that duct tape, everything fucking hurt, but we brushed of the aches and pains. I just wanted to get the fuck back to Westchester.

“Let’s get the fuck out of this place.” Bam said quickly as I grabbed my bag and he grabbed his.

“I haven’t felt this uncomfortable since I slept in that chair the morning after we had sex.” I told him, remembering the lobby and hallways.

“The morning you had trouble walking kind of?” He asked and I rolled my eyes.

“It was the chair, Bam!” I told him quickly as I made my way to the door and he laughed.

“Yea, okay, you can tell yourself that if you want.” He chuckled as I opened the door and he followed me out. We were quiet as we slipped through the hallway, to the elevator and on and off of it in a flash. “We’re not signing out, that’s Knoxville’s job since that bastard brought us up here.” Bam said quickly, and we walked straight past the front desk and out of the large hotel.

“Now where the fuck are we?” He asked, looking left and right.

“I have no fucking clue, I was actually hoping you’d be able to tell me that. I know we were driving for a really long fucking time. Hours on end.” I told him and he sighed.

“I swear to god I’m gonna kill them. I’m not joking this time, either. I’m gonna kill them.” He said and I spotted Bam’s Hummer.

“Oh my god, they didn’t completely abandon us!” I told him and grabbed his hand, dragging him off towards it.

“Wh- oh!” He stopped as we got to it and he went over to the driver’s side and opened the door. “Look everywhere for phones.” He said and I nodded as I opened the passenger’s side door and tossed my bag in the back before looking through the glove box, the consoles, and everything, but there wasn’t anything that told us where we were, and there wasn’t a cell phone, or anything.

“Well fuck.” Bam sighed, sitting back as he closed his door and heaved his duffel bag into the backseat with mine.

“Goddammit, why the fuck did they do this to us?” I asked, slamming my door.

“I don’t know, but we’ll figure it out. They even took my fucking GPS out…” He trailed off and cranked the car up, shaking his head. He backed out and managed to navigate through the parking lot before getting on the road, and I tried to keep my mind off of everything I wanted to do to Knoxville. I was gonna kill him. I was going to kill that bastard. No charge. But as Bam started driving in one off direction, I started noticing things. Buildings, places, signs… And holy fucking shit. Holy fucking shit.

“Well fuck…” I muttered as we stopped at a red light.

“What?” Bam asked, still sounding slightly pissed off and tired.

“We’re in Maine.” I said as I looked over at Bam.

“So?”

“Bam, we’re in fucking Maine. Bath, Maine.” I said, trying to get it to sink into his thick fucking skull. “My apartment’s just a few blocks from here.” I said and his eyes lit up.

“So you know how to get home!” He exclaimed as we started moving again and I sighed and put my head in my hands for a second.

“No, Bam, I’m saying why don’t we hole up there for a while.” I suggested. “And after we’re gone for a few days, someone’s gonna get worried, and when they call the hotel, the lady at the desk will tell them we never checked out, but when they call up to our room and no one answers, we’ll have basically disappeared into thin air.” I told Bam and his eyes lit up. “We’ll fuck with them for a while and they’ll never do this to us again.”

“Alright, show me where your apartment is.” Bam said quickly, a grin on his face. “This is the greatest plan I’ve heard in years.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Hanna’s POV*^
“You don’t think we pissed Kori and Bam off too bad, do you?” I asked, looking across the living room to Knoxville, who was lying on the couch, watching Desperate Housewives. Why, I had no clue and I did not want to know, either.

“Nah,” He brushed it off. “I mean, we left Bam’s Hummer, so it’s not like they’re gonna have to hitch a ride back.” He said and I sighed.

“But I mean, we left them in fucking Maine, man. That’s eight hours away. They’re fucked.” I told him. We drove eight hours to Bath, Maine, and then caught a plane back to PA, but I still felt kind of bad. We ditched them in another state. I mean, if it was still Pennsylvania, I wouldn’t be worried at all, but I don’t think Bam has too much history out of Pennsylvania and Kori, being probably super pissed off and wanting to get home…they’ll be lost within an hour of driving.

“I wonder if they’ll end up in New York…” Ryan trailed off.

“Oh, wouldn’t that be something to see?!” Knoxville grinned with a giggle. “I can see them in that hell already, trying to get around.” He laughed and it did bring a smile to my face, the thought of Bam trying to drive anywhere, really when he didn’t know where to go.

“Who’re y’all talking about?” I looked over to the door as Novak came in.

“Oh fuck no.” I stood up, along with Ryan and Johnny.

“Kori’s not here, is she?” Novak asked and I narrowed my eyes.

“You’re not fucking welcome here anymore.” I growled, my teeth gritted together.

“Why me?” He asked, looking clueless as he stood in front of the dining table.

“You know damn well why you.” Ryan said quickly.

“Get the fuck out.” I told him, pointing towards the way he came in and he shook his head.

“No, what did I do?” He asked a little more sternly and I lunged at him, and he moved and swung his fist at my face.

“Let me jog your memory!” I yelled as I quickly grabbed Novak and took him on a little vacation to the floor, sitting on him as I let my fists hit his face over and over and over, never stopping.

“Get off of me!” He yelled, hitting back and he got in one god punch to my jaw, but I shook off the pain as I grabbed his collar.

“Fucking jogged yet, asshole?!” I yelled at him, Ryan and Knoxville just standing a few feet over and watching me.

“No, fuck face.” Novak breathed, and I ignored the blood rushing down my face from my nose and a cut under my eye.

“You tried to fucking rape Austin, you sick bastard.” I told him, his shirt still clenched in my fists.

“You’re fucking delusional!” He screamed at me, suddenly more defensive.

“Looks like I need to jog you a little harder!” I growled through gritted teeth as I slung him back and forth.

“Get off of me!” He screamed and hit me again, right in the mouth, but I slammed him against the floor and then let my fist swing down into his head again, and he was out like a light.

“Whoops.” I breathed, not meaning to knock the sick bastard out. “I think I may have jogged him too hard.” I said, looking over at Knoxville and Ryan.

“Fuck, man.” Ryan came over to me and grabbed my arm and pulled me off of him.

“He deserves more than that.” I breathed and wiped my nose on my hand, and looked down at the bloody streak. “My face is really fucked up, isn’t it?” I asked, and Knoxville cringed as I looked at him and Ryan nodded.

“Yea, let’s get into the kitchen I’ll get some ice and a washcloth.” Ryan said, letting go of my arm.

“I’ll take out the trash.” Johnny said as I walked towards the kitchen.

“Make sure you take it all the way out to the curb!” Ryan called as we got into the kitchen. “Don’t want it blowing back in with a gust of wind…”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Kori’s POV*^
“You’ve got a really nice place here. Electronics everywhere, and empty pizza boxes stacked up on the kitchen counter…” Bam laughed slightly, twining our fingers together. We were lying on my big sofa in front of the TV, in the spacy black and white apartment I called home. We’d settled on our plan of staying out here for a week or so, just to get everyone fucked up since they wanted us out of the house for so long.

“You remember what you said last night?” I asked, looking down at our hands, wondering about the words that had slipped past our lips. “Before we were kidnapped?” I asked with a slight smile and he nodded.

“Yea, I do.” Bam’s voice quieted down some.

“Did you mean it like I meant it?” I asked, turning onto my back so I could see him better, our hands resting on my stomach.

“How did you mean it?” He asked, looking at me a little oddly.

“I mean it as in I never want to be with another person besides you, and I never want to have to leave you, ever.” I told him and he hissed.

“Well see, I meant it in a different way.” He had a mischievous smile on his face.

“How’s’ that?” I asked, my brows furrowing together slightly.

“I meant it as in I want to spend the rest of my life with you, because you’re the only person I know that makes me feel all warm inside and you’re one of the only people that can bring a genuine smile to my face just by walking into the room.” Bam whispered, a glint in his eyes as his voice trailed off. “I love you for that. I love you for being with me, for putting up with me and for wasting time with me.”

“My time with you isn’t wasted, it’s put to good use. It’s put to good use because these are those moments that remain after everything.” I told him, pausing for a second. “You ever notice that, how someone can go through so much, but one little moment will just bring a smile to their face no matter what?” I asked, but didn’t wait for an answer. “It’s always those little moments people recall in time, not a big event or anything. It’s little moments like meeting someone you idolize, a kid going to get ice cream with her dad one sunny afternoon, or…a first kiss or something, you know? But these kinds of moments with you are the ones I recall the clearest that bring a smile to my face. No one around, no one trying to annoy us, or trying to kill us,” I said and he chuckled. “Just these little moments where everything’s clear and it’s peaceful. Where I can look into your eyes and you’re not worried we’re gonna get ambushed, you’re not stressed over something and you’re not in another place in your mind. You’re here, with me-”

“And I’m more in love with you than I’ve ever been before because I love you.” He finished with a smile, and leaned into me, kissing me on the lips. “I love you, I love you, I love you.” He repeated over and over, causing a giggle as he let my hand go and got on top of me and leaned down, pecking me on the lips quickly before his eyes locked with mine, a crooked smile on his face. “And I swear to god, no matter what I’m never gonna stop. That okay with you?” He questioned and I nodded, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“Just as long as I can love you back.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentor:

MoMo_92

xoxo, Saleigh