Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. c:

Take One Last Breath

Threatening Enemies

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Kori’s POV*^
‘Kori, you wanna go first?’ ‘Uh…sure?’ I swear…I should’ve asked him to tell me what the fuck I was going first in before I said sure. I mean…I think I’m gonna puke. I could feel my stomach churning as I looked down at the pool. I was on the roof. On an air mattress, that had about an inch of duct tape to protect the bottom and sides. With a helmet that was being held together with duct tape, holding onto a rope that was duct taped to the front of the mattress. I was going to puke.

“Oh god, Mark, I’m gonna puke.” I muttered as Hanna stood behind me. He was nice enough to come up and comfort me.

“Kori, man up!” Knoxville yelled from down below, where Bam had the Hummer. They had a rope attached to the front of the air mattress and were going to pull me rather over the pool, or into the pool.

“I’m a girl, you motherfucker!” I was pissed off at him right now. Bam wanted to do this where I’d just slide down the skate ramp, but no, no, no, fucking Johnny had to fucking fuck shit up.

“Oh god I can’t watch this.” I heard Austin’s voice from the patio. She was with the others, minus April, Phil, and Missy.

“HOLD ON!” Bam yelled, and I barely had time to tighten my death grip on the rope before I heard tires kicking up dirt, and the rope jerked, pulling me forward, and I screamed, sailing off of the roof and straight into the pool, but I barely skimmed the top, because Bam was still going, dragging me behind him.

“STOP! STOP! STOP!” I kept screaming, as he took a turn, because I would be slung into the woods, but no, of course, he didn’t stop. I was bracing to be rather thrown from the mattress, or rather drug through the woods, but neither happened. I barely missed the woods and he did a doughnut, swinging me around, but I didn’t see the tree until I felt the rope be twisted around it, and the mattress stopped. I just sat there, my hands needing to be surgically removed from the rope, and a search team needing to be sent out to find where my heart was slung from my chest. I heard screams and yells, but I just kept trying to keep myself from shaking.

“Dude that was awesome!” I heard Bam’s voice, but I kept staring at the tree, even when I heard more pairs of feet run up to me.

“Kori, are you alright?” I heard Austin’s voice.

“I think we broke her.” Knoxville said, a giggle slipping past his lips.

“Kori, answer me.” I saw Austin appear in front of me, and I took a deep breath.

“Knoxville…run.” I whispered, and began standing up.

“I’d get out of here if I were you.” I heard Ryan yell, and I looked over to see Johnny running as fast as he could, I ran after him, hearing the others laugh behind me as I pounced, and tackled Johnny into the mud.

“Get off”! He yelled through his laughter as I tried to rub his face in the mud. I was alive, but could’ve been killed, so I had a free ticket to deliver death to him. I finally cut off his laughter as I got him face down in the mud, and put both hands on the back of his head as he flailed, trying to get loose, but couldn’t get to me, because I was sitting on his back.

“Never suggest another hell to put me through!” I growled, and got off of him, turning to go back to the others. Hanna was leaned against a tree, and Bam was on the ground, along with Steve-O. Chris just had a hand over his mouth like Austin.

“Is he okay?” Chris asked as I walked up, and I shook my head.

“I don’t give a shit.” I said, and heard Knoxville walking up behind me. I turned quickly, and he blew his nose.

“You got mud up my nose.” He said, and I felt someone’s arm go around me.

“That’s my girl.” I heard Hanna, and I smiled. He and I had become friends over our short conversation on the roof. He was awesome.

“That was great.” Ryan said, wiping tears from his eyes.

“Oh god, pissing you off is fun.” Steve-O said regaining his composure, and Bam just shook his head.

“It didn’t end how I wanted it to, but it was amazing.” Bam said, and Austin looked over at him.

“How did you want it to end?”

“I wanted her to get slung into the pool, or caught in a tree top.” He answered and I sighed, shaking my head.

“Well, I’m covered in mud, and I need another bath.” I said, and walked out from under Hanna’s arm. I began walking towards the house, hearing them all talk behind me about what to do next. I was beginning to question why I came with Austin. All I’d do here was get annoyed and hurt. And pissed off. Easily pissed off. As I approached the pool-

“Hey Kori!” I turned to see Knoxville, and he pushed me, sending me falling into the pool, and his laughter echoed as I came to the surface.

“What in god’s name is wrong with you?!” I yelled at him, steaming mad.

“Look out!” He backed up and started running, and I started swimming, but he jumped in anyways, missing me by a few inches. I just sighed as I swam to the end of the pool, and got out, shaking off like a dog before I made my way up the stairs and to the sliding glass doors. I pulled it open and walked in, my feet squishing underneath me.

“Kori, what happened to you?!” April asked, running in front the kitchen. “Oh god, go back outside, you’re soaked!

“You’re devil child happened to me, and no.” I said, continuing up the stairs and down the hall to my room, where I walked in, and grabbed some clean clothes from my duffel bag since I had yet to unpack, and head to the bathroom, where I shut the door, and stripped down before stepping into the shower, and leaned against the wall. I should be in my apartment right now, playing FATE on my laptop, listening to Pierce the Veil, ignoring calls from people I don’t care about, and chugging Mountain Dew by the two liters. Not in this hell, putting up with Austin’s asshole cousin that doesn’t have any manners, doesn’t give a shit about people’s feelings, and is a motherfucking jackass, with his stupid little childish friends. Though I didn’t have a choice. I was here, and I’d be damned if I didn’t fight the fuck back. I wouldn’t let myself get pushed down. If I got pushed, I’d shove, if I got punched, I’d knock out, if I get hurt, I’ll kill.

“Need to lock the door!” I screamed as I heard the voice and the shower door opened, and flour was dumped in on me.

“BAM! I’LL FUCKING KILL YOU, YOU MOTHERFUCKER!” I screamed, hearing him run from the room. I grabbed the towel from the top of the shower and wrapped it around myself before I wiped the flour from my face and took off out of the room. I ran through the bedroom, and out into the hall, keeping the towel around myself. I looked over the rail to see in leaned over in the den, most of his friends with him, and April looking up at me with a hand over her mouth.

“Bam! Why did you do that?!” She slapped his arm and he just kept laughing. Austin stood behind them all, looking shocked and angered. I walked down the stairs, flour trialing behind me, and over to him as every stopped laughing, and he just stood up straight, taking a deep breath.

“You forgot to lock the door.” He grinned.

“You forgot to protect yourself.” I drew my foot back and kicked him in the balls, glaring and bringing my knee up swiftly to catch his nose as he fell to his knees, and then onto his back. “This means war.” I growled and turned, walking past April and back up the stairs to my room.

“I hope you’re fucking happy, Bam.” I heard Missy’s voice, and I heard Austin running after me, but I closed and locked the door, and then made my way into the bathroom, locking both doors before I got in the shower, coming up with plans for murder. But I also had some plans. I’d fuck his whole life up. He loves Missy, and that a weakness, right there… If I could get her pissed off at him… We’ll see how long love lasts. Two can play at this game.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Bam’s POV*^
“She didn’t have to fucking do this to me, she was already in the shower, she could’ve washed it off right then.” I muttered as Ape held a towel to my nose.

“That was uncalled for.” Austin told me from the other side of the table. She had knocked on Kori’s door for a good fifteen minutes, but she wasn’t coming out any time soon.

“No it wasn’t. Everything’s called for in this house.” I told her. It was just April, Phil, Austin and I in the kitchen. Everyone else was in the den.

“But she’s a girl, Bam, and she’s younger than you, and younger than Missy.” Phil said, and I sighed, but when I tried to move my head Ape grabbed my jaw.

“I swear, if you move again…” She sighed, and took the blood red towel away before folding it to a cleaner part and placing it back to my nose. I didn’t know why I seemed to make my main target Kori… If she hadn’t of fucked up my attack meant for Austin, then she would mean nothing to me, but she was just…so fun to fuck with. She got so pissed off so easily, and when she did I could pin shit on someone else, and there starts another war that she’ll win. “You need to go apologize.” Ape said and I sighed.

“Why? She’s the bitch!” I complained and she just looked at me sternly.

“Go apologize, Bam.” Phil urged.

“I second that.” Austin said simply, and Ape finally took the towel away from my swollen nose.

“She’s our guest.” Ape said and I nodded, getting up.

“I know, I know.” I groaned and started walking towards the stairs.

“Don’t go in, Bam!” I heard Steve-O yell from below as I got to Kori’s door.

“Yea, she might eat you!” Ryan yelled next. I brought my hand up at the rest of the remarks from the guys. I knocked on the door and things went silent.

“Kori, let me in!” I called, and there was shuffling from inside, and the door shook as it sounded like something had been thrown against it.

“Go away, dickhead!” She yelled and I rolled my eyes.

“Fine, be that way!” I yelled, and went to walk away, but Austin was at the top of the stairs, her eyes narrowed. I growled, and turned back to the door. “Just let me in.” I said and there was a heavy sigh from inside before the door opened. I walked in, as she went over to the bed and sat down. I walked over.

“You’re not getting out until you apologize!” I barely caught Knoxville’s voice, and as I turned the door slammed shut. Mother of god, he was trying to kill me.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Kori’s POV*^
“What do you want?” I asked, spacing my words out, and he gritted his teeth and sat down next to me, running a hand through his hair.

“I don’t want to do this.” He mumbled.

“What?” I asked, wondering what he could possibly not want to do to me, since he seemed to want to do everything to me, except like me, killing included.

“Apologize.” He answered.

“I see. You’re too much of a man to have emotions, right? You’re too awesome to apologize for something that wasn’t right.” I said, nodding, and he nodded.

“Yep.” He looked up at me.

“Then don’t. I don’t want your fucking apologies.” I said, smiling. “I want your life, so I can ruin it.” I said, letting the smile drop.

“The fuck’s wrong with you?” He asked and I scoffed, leaning forward.

“Ever since I got here, all you’ve done is treat me like a bitch, and do everything in your power to make my day hell, and I’m not going to lie, you’ve succeeded.” I narrowed my eyes slightly. “But now…now you’ve started something that I’m going to finish.” I grinned, running over my thoughts; my plans. “I’m going to make every second I’m here, a living hell for you. I’m going to tear your down, and turn everyone you love against you.” I whispered, and leaned into his emotionless face, pressing my lips against his, and his lips half cooperated with mine, but I pulled away, looking into his slightly widened eyes. “You’ll be in tears by the time this is over. Now don’t say a word.” I stood up. “It’s okay, Bam, I guess it was kind of funny, and I’m a bit of a prankster myself, so I understand.” I said, just loud enough for Knoxville to hear, and then walked to the door. “Okay, he’s apologized, now let me the fuck out of here!” I begged, and looked back at Bam on my bed once more, still staring at where I was sitting. The door opened, and I walked out, passing Johnny, and going down to the kitchen.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Bam’s POV*^
“Hey, Bam, you alright?” I heard Knoxville behind me, and then in front of me. He waved his hand in front of my face. “Hello?” He asked and I shook my head slightly. As far as I knew, the last few minutes didn’t happen.

“I’m fine, just…I had to apologize to one of the bitchiest people I know.” I sighed and he chuckled as I stood up.

“Let’s go fuck with Austin for a little while.” He said, walking out of the room in front of me. “I wonder if she likes turkeys…” I couldn’t even understand what he was saying at the moment. But as I began thinking back to the last couple minutes, I knew I couldn’t tell anyone, nor would I. It would get to Missy, and then Kori would twist shit around to where it was me kissing her, and everything would collapse. The hell did I get myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

kaylakelly49
MoMo_92

xoxo, Saleigh