Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. c:

Take One Last Breath

Single File

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Kori’s POV*^
Video games, take out, and sex. For three days. I swear to god, Knoxville, Hanna, and Ryan must’ve killed Bam and I. It was nice not having to watch our backs in fear of being fucked with, and not having to shoo anyone out of our personal space. Though I was still half asleep as Bam came out of the bathroom. It was day five of fucking heaven, despite a little…thing, that happened a couple days ago. I’d let my mind slip from it, just wanting to spend some time with Bam, and enjoy not putting up with any bullshit from anyone. I didn’t want things with us to possibly crash right now.

“I swear to god,” Bam stepped out of the bathroom, a towel around his waist. “I haven’t had this many showers in four days in god knows when.” He said, seeming almost shaken by the fact. He crawled onto the bed as I started waking up a little more, and laid down on me.

“Leave me alone, I’m tired.” I mumbled, fighting a smile as he rested his head between my shoulder blades as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling the comforter around me and wrapping me up in it tightly.

“Kori this is serious, I’m staying clean. Like squeaky clean. This is an issue.” He brought his head around and rested it on the pillow next to mine with a pout. “Smell.” He brought his arm up to my face, and I quickly pushed his arm away from me, not about to smell his armpit.

“Oh god, Bam, I’m not sniffing your armpit no- get off of me, you asshole!” I pushed him off of me, fighting giggles, and he laughed. “Jesus Christ.” I sighed as I sat up, holding the comforter and sheet around me. “You’re a mess.” I told him and he pursed his lips

“But I’m your mess.” He said matter-of-factly.

“I guess you are, huh...” I leaned into him, still tired as I leaned up and kissed his jaw. “What time is it, anyways?” I asked and he sighed as he put an arm around me.

“Ten AM. I wonder how everyone back in Hell’s doing…” He wondered, leaning back against the headboard. I just wrapped my arms around him, shaking my head.

“Don’t even bring them up.” I muttered; glad to be out of that mess for a while.

“I wonder if April and Phil have found out yet…”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Hanna’s POV*^
“You just…dropped him off?” April asked for the millionth time in the past two days since Ville and Austine left. “Just dropped him off at some hotel, taking his phone, GPS, and leaving him with his car and that’s it.” She shook her head, her eyes wild. “I’m really sick of the shit that goes on around here.”

“Kori’s with him!” Knoxville was quick to say. Knoxville, Steve-O, Ryan and I had been put on house arrest by April after she found out we basically stranded Bam at a hotel and now not only had he disappeared, but Ville and Austine had also disappeared while trying to find them.

“I guess Bath is like a black hole.” Ryan said with a shrug. We’d been sitting at this dining table for two days. Only allowed to get up to go pee. April said that until everyone was back safely we weren’t allowed to get up. Phil thought she was over reacting, and she put him under house arrest to for not being worried about their son. She’d been sleeping here too. And my face still hurt like a bitch. No sign of Novak, though.

“They were Bermuda-Triangled.” Steve-O said with a slight laugh and April’s eye shifted to him. “Hey, I wasn’t even in on this shit, okay? I just walked in to find Ryan and Hanna whining about their boo boos.” He held his hands up.

“What’s the big deal anyways, Ape? We’ve done worse than this to them!” Knoxville exclaimed. Ryan had been quiet, just shaking his head.

“That’s the thing! You guys do so much to each other that… You all don’t think, though!” She said, seeming desperate for us to realize that we could kill each other if we weren’t careful or one of us could get seriously hurt.

“Just shut up and don’t say anything or this hole will just get deeper.” Phil said with a deep breath. “You know she worries a lot, and you guys just don’t take that seriously enough. Now Bam’s out there in some small town with Kori and Ville and Austine probably got lost looking for them, I mean, we can’t just call the police and get a search team sent out.” Phil said, and I knew he was just wanting to go back to his own house and forget about it all.

“And where is Missy in all of this?” April asked suddenly and I looked across the table at Knoxville.

“Does she not know?” I asked and he shrugged.

“Know what?” April asked, sounding clueless as Phil began looking at us all with that same clueless expression.

“Um…you know how, Bam and Kori hate each other?” Ryan asked, seeming to take over this conversation that was about to occur. I was fucking glad he did.

“What’s going on with them?” Phil asked, almost sounding worried.

“Well, it turns out Bam and her had ben fucking behind Missy’s back, and Missy found out after Kori and Bam had apparently fallen for each other, and she left Bam.” Ryan summed up quickly and April’s jaw hung to the floor.

“What?!” Her and Phil asked at the same time. Phil sounding like someone just hit him in the face with a brick, and April like she’d just heard that Knoxville roped Bam up with a few cinder blocks and dropped him in a lake.

“Well they’re in love, what the fuck are you gonna do?!” Ryan exclaimed as he stood up. “Missy treated him like shit, she treated us like shit, she thought she was the queen of fucking everything, and frankly, I may not act too happy about it, but Kori’s more tolerable than that skank!” Ryan pushed his chair back. “Now, I am going to go get some pizza, come back, and drink as many bottles of alcohol as I can and pass out on the motherfucking couch and if anyone fucks with me I will shove every single goddamn empty fucking bottle I have up their ass!” He screamed as he walked around the table to the door, then he stopped as he opened the door and smiled. “Do any of you want to join me?” He asked in a nicer tone and Steve-O, Knoxville and I just shook our heads as Phil and April watched him. “Well too fucking bad, get the fuck up and out this door and into Steve-O’s car!” He screamed and just like that, the three of us were up and scrambling out the door. “Single file, motherfuckers!”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Kori’s POV*^
“Really, I’m content right here.” Bam said with a slight smile. It was night, and we’d migrated from my bedroom, down the hall and into the living room, back in front of the TV. What I found out a couple days ago was weighing on me, but I tried not to let it as I tried to keep my mind off of things. All the lights were out, the only source of dim brightness being Strangers in Danger on Fuel TV, and the moonlight. We’d started talking about having to head back to Castle Bam to sort through whatever shit storm had most probably arose with our absence. But we both had the same feeling. We were both content, and relaxed in this apartment, not being bothered, not being nagged and nearly murdered every five minutes.

“I know, me too. But don’t you need to head back down there?” I asked him. “I mean, I can always move in with you, I mean, despite the screaming, crazed, wild animals, I don’t have a problem with living there with you.” I told him and he sighed. We’d been lying on this couch for god knows how long, me with my back against his chest and him with one arm over my collar and the other along the back of the couch.

“But it’s so quiet here, like you don’t hear anything.” He said and I scoffed.

“Well that may have something to do with me sound proofing the windows, but yea it does get quiet.”

“I like being right here though. Just here in this small place with just you around, not having to worry if someone’s on the other side of the house fucking shit up or writing poems on the walls with crayon about dicks and potato salad.” I craned my head to look at him at his words and he shook his head. “It’s a really long story involving a lot of vodka.” He cleared up quickly and I slowly nodded, settling back against him. “And that’s another thing; do you know how much I spend on beer because everyone else drinks it?” He asked with a slight laugh. “Here it’s just…it’s just me and you, and it’s our own little personal getaway.”

“But do you want it to be a permanent getaway?” I asked and he shrugged.

“Kind of.” He whispered.

“Well I could really care less where I am as long as I’ve got you.” I told him, earning a slight laugh.

“I think that’s the cheesiest thing I’ve ever heard.” He said and I nodded with a laugh.

“I’m sorry it just fit too well.” I told him, and turned over in his arms, straddling his hips as he moved on down the couch, and took my hands, lacing our fingers together.

“You know what else just fits too well?” He asked, and I cocked an eyebrow. “Two of us.” He said and I scoffed.

“We need some tortilla chips with all this cheese.” I told him, and he took a deep breath.

“I’m sorry, it just fit too well.” He mocked and leaned up, kissing me on the lips swiftly, and I let my arms slip around his neck as he pushed me back on the couch, and just as I let one hand go to the bottom of his shirt he pulled away.

“Now, about those nachos, what are you thinking? Taco Bell?” He questioned suddenly, and I sighed as I smiled.

“Yea, sure, Taco Bell.” I told him and he grinned and got off of me. “You’re driving though!”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Bam’s POV*^
I really wasn’t sure if I really wanted to move back into my place with everyone crowded around all the time, nearly choking the fuck out of me. I fucking loved those guys, don’t get me wrong, but I didn’t get as much alone time with Kori as I wanted. I didn’t get alone time with Missy either, but that was another story entirely. But as I sat in the floor in front of the couch with Kori, the two of us with four containers of nachos, I liked it. I liked this. Just me and her, alone, with no one bothering us, no one screaming off in the distance, no one fucking with our food… I wanted things to be like this all the time. And I mean, this wasn’t like Ville and Austin’s thing. We weren’t in another country, we were just eight hours away, tucked away safe in a small apartment. The biggest risk here was one of us getting a concussion, and if either of us died we’d be found in bed, so, you know, we would’ve gone out with a bang. And as Kori and I continued on our banter from the car, I couldn’t help but let a smile come across my face as I caught myself staring at her. She made my whole world light up. She brought a new feeling to my heart that had been foreign and I loved her for that. She got a certain look on her face after a second and she bit down on her bottom lip for a second, her eyes trailing down to her nachos before she looked back over at me.

“Alright, you remember the game we played in that car? Where you said something and I said the first thing that came to mind?” She asked and I nodded. “Let’s do that again, but reversed.” She said and I nodded again.

“Alright, start.”

“Rooftop.”

“BMX.”

“Food.”

“Nachos.”

“Hell.”

“Home.”

“Me.” She said with a slight smile, but there was something behind it that shook me.

“Beautiful.” I replied quickly and she took a deep breath.

“Pregnant.”

“Kids.”

“Pregnant.” She repeated, her voice shaky.

“Kids.”

“Bam-” She looked at me, her face terrified and scared and like she was about to have a heart attack.

“Me.” I said and she shook her head.

“No, Bam, I’m pregnant.” She looked like she was about to start hyperventilating. “I’m…I’m pregnant.” For some reason my mind kept thinking we were playing the game.

“K-” I stopped as soon as I realized what she was saying, why she looked like she was gonna have a panic attack. I knew why because it scared me just as much. “Pregnant?” I questioned and she nodded.

“Pregnant.” She confirmed and I sighed heavily, running a hand through my hair. I was just as terrified as she was. It was unexpected. It was sudden. It was like someone knocked the wind out of me and by Kori’s face it was like someone knocked the wind out of her too.

“Fuck.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentor:

MoMo_92

xoxo, Saleigh