Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. c:

Take One Last Breath

Time Conclusions

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Kori’s POV*^
“So, do we tell?” I asked as I leaned against Bam. We’d talked. We’d came to the conclusion we were terrified. We’d came to the conclusion that everyone else would be terrified. We’d come to the conclusion we were fucked. We’d come to the conclusion we’d fucked up. We’d came to the conclusion we’d fucked up big time. We’d come to a lot of goddamn conclusions, in a short amount of time.

“You wanna tell?” He asked, running a hand back through my hair.

“Not really.” I told him and he nodded.

“Then let’s just…get our shit together first. Let’s just…figure shit out.” He said, taking a deep breath as he kissed my temple, and I nodded.

“Right, right we’ll just…figure shit out.” Everything. We had to figure everything out. Even shit we didn’t have to figure out, we were going to figure out. We were going to get things straight, even if those things were already straight, and over the course of that whole night, that’s what we did. We stalled ourselves. We didn’t sleep, we didn’t blink hardly. We sat in the floor, in front of the TV, and we got shit straight. Every little thing. When we’d tell anyone, when we’d go home, how much longer we’d stay here, what we’d do about a kid, what we’d do if we had the kid, what we would do once it was born, what we’d do if we didn’t have the kid, how we’d have to take care of the kid, how we’d take care of it if we came to that. Right now it was ‘The Kid’ because when I said our kid I nearly had a panic attack and Bam nearly stopped breathing. So for now, it was the kid. Right now, until we could think about it without our lungs trying to collapse, it was the kid. I didn’t realize how long Bam and I had sat in that floor until I saw the sun start coming up.

“Hey,” Bam put a hand on my cheek, turning my head back to him, his hand that had been shaking like mine had for hours. Not because of the cold house, either. “You okay?” He asked, and I nodded.

“I’m fine.” I told him and he nodded and let his hand fall and he grabbed my hand, pulling me up from the floor.

“Tired?” He asked as I leaned into him and I nodded.

“We’ve been in a subconscious state of panic and ‘What the fuck do we do next’ all night.” I said and he laughed slightly.

“I guess that’s a yes.” He said, and I nodded with a slight smile as I pulled him towards the bedroom. “You wanna pack before we go to bed or After we wake up?” He asked as we walked into my bedroom, and I took a deep breath, turning around as he wrapped his arms around me.

“After.” I answered, and he smiled and kissed me on the lips, though it was short before he pulled away with a smirk, and fell onto the bed unexpectedly, pulling me with him as a giggle slipped past my lips. He got on top of me and kissed me again, pulling away shortly one again with a thoughtful look on his face. “What are you thinking about?” I asked, curious as I let my hands come up and clasp together at the back of his neck.

“You know that I’m gonna love you, no matter what happens with this kid, right?” He asked and I nodded. “Good.” He smiled and pecked me on the lips.

“I’m gonna love you too no matter what happens.” I told him quietly and that smile turned into a grin.

“Well I’d sure hope so.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Hanna’s POV*^
“Its’ been what? Nine days now? Dude, they’re dead.” I said as Ryan picked up one of the cookies we’d just gotten out of the oven. From that batch that we made. We, take notice of that. When hunger comes around and chocolate chip cookie mix is found, even the dumbest of animals will turn into Betty Crocker.

“No they’re not, stop saying that.” Ryan punched my shoulder and I just smiled as he picked up a cookie and took a bite, his face quickly contorting as he rushed over to the sink. “What the fuck did you put in these?!” He screamed as he spit out the bite and turned the water on and I started laughing as he stuck his mouth under the faucet.

“Some kind of red powder. I think…” I looked onto the island for the little shaker of cayenne pepper. “Here it is! It’s like fuckin’ cinnamon or something.” I said, fighting laughter. He straightened up, wiping his tongue with his hand as he took the little bottle.

“THAT’S CAYENNE PEPPER YOU FUCKING SLUT!” He screamed, and I ducked just as he threw the shaker at me, not being able to stop laughing, my stomach and sides hurting, my lungs…everything hurt as I sunk to the floor, one hand on the island.

“What the hell’s going on in here? Who just hit Steve-O with a fucking spice shaker?” Knoxville asked as he walked in from the living room.

“I-I put- I put-” I couldn’t talk as I fell onto my side, my hand falling from the countertop as both of my arms went around my abdomen, my face red. I swear to god I was going to fucking die.

“I’ll put your fucking dick in the toaster if you keep on laughing you-”

“He put cayenne pepper in cookies again, didn’t he?” Knoxville asked, already knowing too well my tricks.

“Yes!” Ryan exclaimed, not sounding too happy about it.

“That’s why you don’t eat anything he makes!” Knoxville said quickly. “If he cooks anything he eats it himself unless there’s something wrong with it!” Knoxville scoffed, and I slowly started getting my air back.

“Oh god, I just…” I took a deep breath as I stood up, and looked over at Ryan, his lips pursed like he was about to kill me. “I just need to go take a nap.” I said and Ryan narrowed his eyes slightly. I started backing up.

“Yea, that’s right, go take a nap.” Ryan’s lips curved into a smile. “Go take a little nap.” He continued.

“Knoxville-Knoxville, back me up.” I said, my voice shaking just the slightest bit as I eyed Ryan and Knoxville smiled from beside him as he crossed his arms over his chest..

“Oh don’t worry, it’s just his way of saying he loves you.” Knoxville laughed, walking past me and to the door, heading out and letting it close behind him.

“I’m gonna go follow him.” I said, slowly stepping over towards the door, but Ryan moved and grabbed me.

“No, no, no, you said you were going to take a nap.” He turned me around, his hands on my back as he pushed me towards the stairs. “Go take a nap.” He said and I looked back as he grinned, his teeth gritted. “Nap. Now.” He demanded and I just nodded and turned, walking up the stairs slowly at first, but then high-tailing it. I may have fucked with the wrong Ryan for today. I knew one thing though: I was sure as hell not taking a nap.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Bam’s POV*^
Kori and I slept the whole day and didn’t wake up until late in the afternoon, nearly five PM. When we woke up we got packed and got in my Hummer and started heading back home. My hands were shaking. They’d been shaking since last night and I didn’t think I could get them to stop if I wanted. I wasn’t afraid of anything. Just snakes and I had a burning hate for tasers, I couldn’t say I was exactly afraid of them, but now I had another thing to fear; a child. Not just any child though. Not just any kid. My kid. I knew Kori was afraid too and that’s why we went over every option on what we could do last night. If…if she decided to…abort it, then we wouldn’t tell anyone it even happened. Only we’d know. But I don’t think I’d be able to bring myself to make her do that and I knew that she didn’t want to either but the fear was there. I had a kid. He or she wasn’t born yet, but it was there. Kori had a kid. We had a child. Fuck…we hadn’t even known each other that long but we’d came a long ways in a short time. I loved her. I was sure of that- I was more sure of that than I had been on anything. I haven’t even sorted out divorce papers yet. I’m still technically married to Missy and that just made me sick to think about. I didn’t want any connection her whatsoever. But I didn’t have to think of that necessarily now. We’d got home, and I had to go into a house full of my friends and act like I hadn’t just gotten news that made me want to go crawl under a rock, but wear a permanent grin on my face.

“Bam, why aren’t you getting out?” Kori asked, looking over at me. We’d been sitting in the car for five whole fucking minutes and neither of us had made a single move to get out.

“Why aren’t you?” I asked, looking over at her. I knew damn well why and she knew why I wasn’t getting out. But it seemed we just asked to really get rid of the silence that had started to smother us.

“I-I…I don’t know.” She admitted quietly. “I know you’re shaking.” She said and my eyes went back to the steering wheel I tried to grasp the wheel tighter but that just made my arms shake.

“I know.” I told her with a shaky breath, and slowly let go of the steering wheel.

“You know what…I say we just come out with it.” She said and I looked over at her.

“That would be easier.” I said and she nodded.

“And if Ville and Austin kill us then-”

“Oh fuck, oh fucking fuck I forgot about Austin.” I groaned, having completely forgotten about my slightly psychotic cousin. “Oh my god she’s going to fucking flip shit and kill us both.” I tried to calm down a little, trying to think straight. “Maybe…maybe she’ll be okay. Maybe she’ll just…” Where the fuck was I going with this? Austin was going to kill us both. She’d chop my dick off, put it in a jar, and sit it on a fucking shelf or something and then chop my body in half at the shoulders and mount me on a fucking plaque and hang it on her wall. Or Ville’s wall. Oh god, she’ll hang me on Ville’s wall when she goes back to Finland with him. This was not how shit was supposed to go. I was never meant to be hung on a wall, for fuck’s sake! “I don’t want to be mounted on Ville’s wall, Kori.” I said, my voice desperate, and Kori smiled slightly, though it was like she was trying not to. “This isn’t funny! She’ll chop me up with a fucking hatchet!” I protested her smile.

“God, you really are a mess.” Kori said, shaking her head. “No, it’s not funny, you just...” She trailed off, laughing slightly.

“Oh, so you wanna be funny now?” I asked, a smirk crawling to my lips.

“No, no I’m not-I’m not laughing.” She said, and put a hand over her mouth.

“Yes you are!” I told her quickly, and she shook her head just as fast. “Oh two can play this shit.” I reached over the console for her, and she squealed, quickly ducking under my arms.

“Bam! Bam, stop!” She said quickly as she crawled into the backseat, thinking she was getting away, but I quickly reached back to my side and locked all the doors before crawling into the backseat. “How long do you think we’ve got until they notice your Hummer out here?” She asked as I crawled on top of her, already stripping my shirt off, but I stopped at her words.

“Really?” I asked, and laughed slightly, pulling her shirt off of her. “They wouldn’t notice this Hummer back if I had of drove it into the kitchen.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

MoMo_92
kaylakelly49
Miss Preciado

xoxo, Saleigh