Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. c:

Take One Last Breath

Hold Down Your Nightmares

..::Austin’s P.O.V::..

I was alone in the room with Kori, anxiously biting my nail. She was still unconscious from the anesthesia, and I was biding my time because once she came to, she’d be all over the place. Every time she moved in her sleep, I jolted up, ready to attempt holding her down. But when I wasn’t freaking out, I was deep in my own thoughts about everything else, about the one-eighty that occurred in the time that Kori and I had been in Bam’s house. How we’ve changed, almost, and for the better. I was now closer with family in the time I needed it most, because I’d probably be dead if my dad died and I was alone.

“Hey, sweetie,” April said softly as she walked in, interrupting my thoughts. I looked up at her, and realized I was still biting on my thumb nail.

“Hey, Ape,” I said hoarsely, because my throat was dry. She handed me out a bottle of water, and I graciously took it, and started drinking as she started 4talking.

“I can’t believe all of the things that went on around here. I had no idea about Kori and Bam. And not that I agree with Bam going behind Missy like that, but it was not okay for Missy going over the edge like that. I mean, I understand why, but she went too far,” her eyebrows were knitted together like she was frustrated, “And so I called Bam’s lawyer, and I asked him to send divorce papers. I’m sure Bam wants to rid his ties with her as soon as possible.”

“I don’t think you’re wrong,” I said, agreeing with her, “and I know everybody will feel more safe if Missy doesn’t have a reason to come around anymore.”

“I think the desire to stab my ears out would definitely disappear,” Hanna said as he strutted in, and I smiled to him, “I guess she’s still out.”

“Like a light,” I sighed, “Just not as smart.”

“Don’t say that,” Hanna harshly whispered, “She’ll hear you, and she’ll kill us all.”

“Well I’m going to go check on Bam. I feel more safe in Ville’s presence,” April said uneasily as she headed for the door.

“Alright. Tell us if Bam wakes up. If he does before Kori, she’ll probably want him here,” I suggested, and she nodded and smiled before leaving the room.

“So how long do you think it will be until the divorce is final?” Hanna asked as we walked back over to the two chairs in the corner of the room.

“Not too long, I hope. Once everything’s settled, well, everything will calm down…or not,” I said, not being able to wait until that time came.

“And what about the divorce with you and Ville,” he asked, and I looked back up at him before smiling.

“What divorce?” I asked, grinning non-stop. A smile seemed to spread across his face as well.

“That’s so great. You guys are good together, you know? It just fits. So Ville’s moving here then?” He asked, and my grin kind of faltered.

“Actually, I’m moving to Finland – with regular visits, though!” I tried to make the fact that I was leaving to go live in a different country sound better than it really did. As much as I didn’t so much want to admit it, the chaos of Bam, Dunn, Knoxville, Hanna, and Steve-O had grown on me. Not seeing them on a day-to-day basis will be a harsh change in lifestyle.

“That blows. You were becoming kind of cool,” he admitted sheepishly.

“Oh. You weren’t becoming cool at all,” I joked, and he playfully punched me in the arm, “Thanks.”

“So you’ll write, call, text, video chat. So we know you’re okay,” he urged with big puppy dog eyes, and I couldn’t resist but to roll my own.

“Yes, mom,” I chuckled, “I’ll keep in touch.”

“Good,” he said, sitting back, and taking a deep breath, “I could really go for a beer. How hard you think it’d be to sneak one in?” He asked, and a shook my head.

“Wouldn’t you want to be sober when Kori wakes up?” I asked, raising an eyebrow, “Plus, I have the feeling you’ve had a few beers already before coming here.”

“Your feeling is right,” he pointed at me, but the conversation was stopped by groaning coming from Kori.

“Fuck,” she groaned, carrying out the ‘u’, “what the hell.” I looked over at Hanna, who looked at me with a face of panic.

“What do we do,” he asked, and I got up.
“I don’t know,” I admitted, and walked over to her as she started stirring. I stood by her bed, and grabbed her hand, and her eyes fluttered open as she looked at me, her eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

“Where am I?” she asked. I wondered if she remembered the fiasco with Missy, and if she didn’t, should I tell her?

“The hospital,” I told her, “do you remember what happened before you went unconscious?” I asked curiously. Because she passed out so quickly after she got shot, she may not remember what happened.

“No. Why does my side feel like I got shot?” she asked, and I bit my lip, and looked up to Hanna, who was on the other side of the bed.

“Because you got shot,” he said, holding on to her other hand. Her face distorted as I assume all of the memory came back to her, and then there was panic on her own face.

“Where’s Bam? Is he okay?” She asked, starting to sit up, but Hanna and I restrained her.

“Yes, Bam’s fine,” I assured her, and I could feel the sweat beading up on my forehead. She still struggled.

“I want to see him,” she protested, “Let me the fuck go so I can go see Bam.”

“Kori, he’s fine. Just sit back,” I pushed harder, and quickly found the red ‘call nurse’ button. I took a hand away from Kori just long enough to press it a few times before returning both hands back to her.

“Jesus, just let me the fuck go,” she continued pushing herself up, but Hanna and I were pushing her down.

“He’s fine. He’s still sleeping, calm down,” Hanna yelled, and Kori slumped back just as the nurse came in.

“Is everything alright?” she asked, walking over to Kori, and I backed up a little bit.

“Just a little out of it. I want to go see Bam,” she insisted, and she started checking her vitals.

“And you can just as soon as we know the anesthesia has worn off, and your vitals are in check. Until then, I can assure you Mr. Margera is just fine, and sleeping his own medicine off,” she said, and it seemed to calm her down a whole lot more than Hanna and I were able to.

“How bad was his wound?” she asked as the nurse continued to check vitals.

“Well it seems that you took the brunt of the bullet, so his wasn’t as bad as yours. Barely even bad,” she smiled, “We’ll have food in here in just a moment, I know you’re probably starving.

“Damn straight,” Kori muttered, and the nurse gathered her things before walking out of the room. She looked over at me, and I walked back over to the side of the bed where I grabbed her hand again.

“I brought you a bag of stuff. I know you’ll want to change into your own clothes,” I said, and she smiled up at me.

“Thanks. I fucking hate hospital gowns, they feel like plastic bags,” she said, and started slowly sitting up, “The nurse isn’t lying, right? Bam’s okay?” She asked, and she looked genuinely worried. I was tempted to roll her into Bam’s room and show her myself.

“Yes, he’s fine, he just woke up before the procedure to take the bullet out and started freaking out, so they had to put a shitload of anesthesia into his system, so he’s going to be sleeping it off a lot longer,” I informed her, and she nodded.

“I just don’t want to lose hi-“ She was interrupted by the door opening, and we all looked over to see Ville coming into the room. I couldn’t help the smirk coming on to my lips as he walked over to me, and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Well it’s good to see you’re up,” he smiled at Kori, “Bam’s coming to, as well. The nurse is taking his vitals. Everything’s great,” he said, and it was like a permanent smile took its place on Kori’s face. It’s like, shit, I’ve never seen her so happy, “And that you can see him in about half an hour.” He continued, then, looked to me, “And I was wondering if I could talk to you, perhaps,” he smiled, and I felt butterflies.

“Sure thing, babe,” I said, and looked back at Kori, “You mind if I step out?” I asked, and she shook her head.

“’Course not. Just use protection,” she warned, and I snorted.

“Sure, that’s like the pot calling the kettle black,” I said, and started walking towards the door.

“I never got that saying. What the fuck is a kettle?” Hanna mused, and all three of us looked at him like perhaps a dildo had just grown out of his head. Like, right on his forehead.

“It means idiot,” I said before turning out of the room with Ville, and I followed him into a break room, where I sat down, and he handed me a Styrofoam cup of hospital coffee. I looked down to see he had already put creamer in it, and I took a sip, happy it was still warm.

“You look tired,” he observed as he sat down in the chair next to me, and I shrugged it off.

“I just like to know she’s safe. Kori, I mean,” I admitted, and he entwined his fingers in my own.

“The way you care for people captivates me,” he said, sitting closer to me, “So I think we should give it about a month before we leave, or more. I know you’re not ready to leave Kori, or your family,” he said, and I put the coffee down before wrapping my arms around him.

“Thanks,” I said, even though my words were muffled by the skin of his neck.

“I don’t want anything but your happiness,” he said, pulling away, and staring into my eyes, “you do know that, right?” He asked, and I got goosebumps.

“Being around you makes me happy,” I admitted, surprised at how gushy being around him, or even thinking of him, made me.

“Being around you makes me just the same,” he retorted, “but I have to go back to Finland for a week or two. I have to see my band, check on the house, get more clothes. I feel we’ll be at Bam’s for a while.” I admit, I was a bit sad I’d be without him for a few weeks once he told me, and my smile pulled into a small frown, and Ville must have noticed it, “Hey, I won’t be gone for long, though. I’ll be right back. Promise,” He kissed my forehead.

“I know. I’m just growing used to being around you a lot. I feel like a lost puppy in your presence, it’s so pathetic,” I said, laughing at my own stupidity.

“Hey, I love being around you. I love you, and I can’t wait for our life to start with each other,” he assured me, causing my smile to come back. I didn’t even have words to counter to that. He wanted to spend his life with me, and my heart fluttered. I know it’s sappy, but I’m so in love with this guy, and I can feel that he’s in love with me, too.

“I love you, too. More than you could even know.”

©Shannon
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

Cheshire Smile
MoMo_92
MusiChick1017

Shannon can't post on weekdays and I keep forgetting that, so this is her chapter a little late.

xoxo, Saleigh