Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. c:

Take One Last Breath

On the Ropes

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Kori’s POV*^
“Hanna,” I looked over at Hanna, still standing over me, his hand holding mine in a death grip still. “You gonna let go of my hand sometime soon?” I asked and he pursed his lips for a second.

“You gonna try to get up sometime soon?” He countered and I shook my head. He let go of my hand and eyed me as he walked around to the side of the bed where Austin had been standing and sat on the edge of my bed.

“Jesus, I don’t need you.” I told him and he pouted.

“You don’t need me?” He asked and I rolled my eyes, bringing my hands over my face.

“That’s not what I meant.” I groaned and he laughed.

“Well it sure as hell sounded like that’s what you meant.” He chuckled and I let my hands fall from my face.

“I just wanna go see Bam.” I told him and he sighed, smiling slightly.

“In a little while you can. You’re still sounding a little out of it.” He told me and I let out a breath. It was nice knowing Bam was okay, but…I just needed to see him to know for sure.

“She always sounds out of it.” I looked over to the doorway as Knoxville walked on.

“Oh god,” I groaned, throwing my head back. God knows what kind of shit Knoxville could put me through while I was restrained to a room, much less a bed.

“No worries, I come in peace.” Knoxville walked over to where Hanna had been, looking down at me with almost a smirk. “Just came to see if you were okay.”

“I thought April was gonna come back.” Hanna inquired, and Knoxville shrugged slightly.

“Well, she was gonna, but you know how much I care about sweet Kori here.” Knoxville got that smirk back, and I admit, it was starting to scare me. “Sweet, sweet, innocent little Kori.” He said, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Hanna,” I said, pulling on Hanna’s hand. “Hanna, he’s scaring me.” I said and Knoxville looked at Hanna, something in his eyes.

“Can you give the two of us a minute, Hanna? I need to talk to Kori about something.” Johnny said and I tightened my grip on Hanna’s hand even more. Mark just looked between Knoxville and I.

“Don’t kill her,” Mark then looked from Knoxville to me. “Just scream and I’ll be here.” He smiled and let go of my hand as he got up, keeping an eye on Knoxville as he walked out, the door opening and closing shortly.

“What do you want?” I asked, looking up at Knoxville and his smirk turned into a smile.

“I know something no one else does.” He said and I just looked at him oddly. What the fuck was he talking about?

“What?” I asked and he grinned, dropping his arms from his chest.

“You’re pregnant.” He said and my eyes went wide. How the fuck did he find out?

“How did you know?” I asked and he just kept the same grin on his face. I almost wanted to punch it off. He didn’t know the half of the hell I was still thinking through because of this all.

“Bam told me. After Ville came and got Austin and April left to go talk to Phil and Ryan out in the waiting room I asked him why the hell he looked so nervous and worried he started rambling, saying he knew you got the worst of the shot and that he was worried because you were pregnant.” Knoxville’s smile faltered a little before falling and he took a deep breath. “But another thing was that after he said he was worried because you were pregnant, he said, ‘But maybe that’s not such a bad thing. Maybe this happened like this for a reason’. He said it quiet though, like he didn’t want me to hear it.” Johnny sat down on the edge of the bed, looking at the floor before he brought his head towards me. “He sounded really weird when he said it, too. Like…the fact that something could of happened to the baby may not have been such a bad thing, but like he was kind of upset about it at the same time. You mind kind of filling me in?”

“Well,” I looked down at my hands in my lap, biting down on my bottom lip slightly. “We’re…not really…sure about anything, just yet.” I told him, not liking how I sounded slightly unsure about my words. “We’re terrified, actually. Terrified, unsure, unprepared, unknowing, helpless, clueless…” I trailed off with my list of shit Bam and I had gone over in my apartment.

“I get that but you guys are gonna keep him or her, right?” He asked, sounding hopeful and I just nodded. I didn’t have a straight answer and I know Bam didn’t either. “Don’t just nod, that scares me. You guys are gonna keep it, right?”

“Bam and I are young, Johnny.” I told him. “We’re fucking…we’re fucking scared half to death. We’re still talking, still trying to figure some things out. Right now we’re still on the ropes with that one, alright?” Bam and I were going to tell everyone but…that was one thing we still needed to settle right. “That last night before we came back, we sat in my apartment and pretty much came to the conclusion that if we are going to...not go through with having it, then we’re not going to tell anyone, it’ll be like it never happened, as far as anyone will know. But if we do decide to have it then we’ll tell everyone when we feel we can.” Knoxville nodded, like he understood where I was coming from.

“Alright, I get it. I take it you want me to keep this to myself, right?” He asked and I nodded. “I will, and…no matter what you guys decide to do,” He began as he stood up, and a sliver of that smile returned. “I’ll be there for you guys, alright? You’re not that much of a bitch.” He joked and I would’ve scoffed, but it would’ve hurt. I heard the door open.

“And you don’t have that much of a dick.”

“What?” Knoxville asked quickly as Hanna peeked around the corner.

“I said ‘And you’re not that much of a dick.’.” I just fought a smile as Knoxville glared slightly.

“Can I come back in now?” Hanna asked, peeking around the corner.

“Oh, sure, come on back in.” Johnny said and Hanna walked on back in, keeping his distance from Johnny.

“What, are you afraid of him or something?” I asked and Hanna shook his head.

“No.” Hanna defended quickly as he walked over and took his place back on my bed where he was before Knoxville ran him off earlier.

“Fuckin’ pussy.” Knoxville muttered and I heard the door open again.

“Hey, I am what I eat.” Hanna defended.

“Oh, well what do you know,” Austin said in a pleasant voice as she returned, letting the door shut behind her. “Now we know why you’re such a dick all the time, Knoxville.” She grinned and patted Knoxville on the shoulder as he walked by, already on his way out the door.

“I’ve got to get out of this hell hole.” Johnny muttered, walking on out. Austin took his place beside my bed and I just…it was taking so much to just not burst into laughter.

“Nice one.” Hanna leaned over me and held his hand up for a high five from Austin.

“You opened the gate.” She said as she slapped his hand.

“You guys are the greatest fuckin’ people.” I said, fighting giggles.

“Yea, I know.” Hanna grinned.

“How are you feeling?” Austin asked, and I took a deep breath, shrugging slightly.

“And I swear if your answer has anything to do with sex with Bam I will throw up.” Hanna said quickly before I could answer. I just sighed then.

“Well damn.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Bam’s POV*^
“So it’s true, you and Austin are going to head back to Finland?” I asked, looking over at Ville. Knoxville had peeked in and said Kori was fine, though I still worried, and he headed out to the waiting room, taking Phil with him, leaving me with Ville.

“In a month or so, yea.” Ville said and I nodded. I was glad the two of them were so happy together. It was nice that things seemed to be coming together.

“Don’t like, get all fuckin’ sappy on me and shit for saying this, but you take care of her.” I told him and he smiled.

“Aw, Bam does c-”

“Ville,” I said warningly, and he shut his mouth. “Of course I’m just saying it for Kori.” I covered quickly. “God knows what kind of wreck she’d be in if anything happened to Austin.” I said and Ville smirked, nodding.

“Yea, I know.” He sat forward, his joking tone gone. “And she’ll be perfectly safe. I love her too much to let anything happen.” He said and I opened my mouth to make sure of it, but he cut me off, already knowing what I was going to say. “Bam, I will die before I’d let her get hurt.”

“I sure as hell hope so.” I quickly looked over at the voice, a smile on my face as I spotted Kori next to the door. She walked over, a smile on her face. “If she gets one scratch your ass is going on a plaque.” Kori said and Ville nodded with a smile as he stood up.

“Nice to see they let you out of your cage.” Ville smiled politely, and Kori mirrored it.

“Nice to see you’re not running away from me for once.” She replied and Ville just ruffled her hair.

“Cute.” He scrunched his nose up in a grin for a second. “I’ll leave you two alone, but no hospital sex. Doctor’s orders.” Ville walked around the bed and to the door, disappearing out of it in a matter of seconds. I turned my attention back to Kori as she sat down on the edge of the bed.

“I’ve been worried sick about you.” I told Kori and she sighed.

“Austin and Hanna had to hold me down to keep me from hunting you down.” She said and I remembered Knoxville going to her room. After what I let slip to him, I wondered if he asked her about it.

“Hey, did Knoxville say anything about…about the kid?” I asked hesitantly, and the smile melted from Kori’s face.

“He did.” She whispered.

“I didn’t mean to tell him I just…when I woke up I knew you’d gotten shot too, but I didn’t know where it hit you and I thought you were dead, or you got hit dead center in the stomach like I had and-”

“No, no it’s alright.” Kori quickly cut off my rambling, looking down as she took my hand, twining our fingers together. “He’s not gonna tell anyone until we make a decision.”

“A decision in…” I trailed off and she nodded, confirming my thoughts. “So you told him?” I asked and she nodded again. “Have you decided yet?” I asked and she just shook her head.

“Not yet. I don’t know what to do. I seriously just don’t…know what to do.” Kori whispered, her voice cracking. “I want to keep it but…goddamn, what the hell will we do, Bam?” She asked, looking up from our hands at me. “Can we take care of a kid?”

“I have no idea.” I whispered, too many thoughts in my mind, trying to force the other’s out. “But, whatever we do- whatever happens in all of this, I’m sure we’ll make it through.” I pulled Kori down to me, and she smiled as I kissed her on the lips softly. I thought I heard footsteps towards the door, but I brushed it off.

“You really think we can do this?” Kori asked, lying down beside me as we pulled away, and I nodded.

“I think we can.” I said and her lips curved up into a smile.

“Then I guess we’re gonna be parents.” I couldn’t keep a bigger smile from my face as I kissed her cheek. Those words just…set everything into stone. We’re gonna be parents. Even though we’d both basically silently decided to go ahead and tell everyone, Austin’s voice was still like a baseball bat to the face.

“Parents?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

MoMo_92
kaylakelly49

xoxo, Saleigh