Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. c:

Take One Last Breath

Thanks to You

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Kori’s POV*^
I heard a creak from the door and I looked over, cracking my eyes open slightly as I spotted Bam sneaking in, closing the door behind him.

“What’re you doing here?” The nurses had thrown him out earlier, saying we both needed our rest alone. Bam crept over, and I moved over as he got up into the bed, crawling under the covers.

“It’s dark in there and they don’t let you have night light.” He pouted and I laughed.

“Jesus,” I muttered as he wrapped his arms around me, being careful of my side as he kissed my cheek. I turned my head and kissed his forehead as he rested his head on my shoulder, a content smile on his face as I rested my head against his, my eyes going to the ceiling. Everything was silent for a moment and I felt one of his hands leave my side and then slip under my shirt, gently resting on my stomach. “You alright?” I asked and he nodded.

“Just hoping the guys don’t help Austin chop me up and hang me on Ville’s wall.” He muttered. “And hoping they don’t try to eat the kid after it born. Or set it on fire, or announce it’s the antichrist, or give it beer in a baby bottle, or drop it, or drop kick it, or see if it can fly off the roof, or use it as a paintball target, or you know, something that would cause me to want to curl up backwards and die.” He whispered, his lips smiling against my shoulder.

“Bam you’re scaring me.” I told him quickly.

“Hanna’s gonna cling to it like a monkey on a rope though.” Bam said, and his hand slid to my side as he pulled his face away from my shoulder so I could see him. I barely could through the dark.

“As long as he doesn’t try to eat it.” I told him and he laughed.

“We’d catch him before he could. He’d have to put mayo on it and a couple leaves of lettuce-”

“Bam, this really isn’t the thing to talk about with someone carrying said child.” I cut him off and he pursed his lips, like he was trying to keep from laughing.

“I guess not.” He muttered.

“You’re worried, aren’t you?” I asked and that smile went away as he nodded.

“I guess I am. Not about all that stuff but…”

“I know what you mean.” I whispered, my hand on his arm, twisting the hem of his shirt sleeve. “I’ve been starting a few too many mental sentences with, ‘What if this happens’, a little too often lately.” I admitted as my eyes went to my hand, still twisting my finger around the hem of his sleeve.

“We’ll be fine though. Everything will be fine.” Bam whispered as his hand moved back to my stomach. “I’m sure of it. The guys won’t do anything stupid and neither will we.” I looked at Bam’s face. Really? We’d already done something stupid. It’s called running out of condoms. “Well, not anymore.” He corrected himself with a smile.

“Let’s just get some sleep.” I told him as I let go of his sleeve. “We get out of this hell tomorrow.” I said as I put a hand on his cheek, and kissed him on the lips.

“I still wish I had a nightlight.” Bam muttered, pulling me closer as I snuggled into his chest. “Fuckin’ creepy ass hospital.”

“Well I’ll keep all the monsters away.”

“Yea, like you can fight off monsters.” I pulled away slightly to look at Bam’s face at his scoff.

“I’ve knocked you out before and everyone used to be afraid of me before they warmed up. Not to mention I killed you with tazer a day or so after we met and you used to cower under me, remember?” I asked with a smirk.

“And now you cower under me.” He mirrored the smirk, and crawled on top of me, leaning down and kissing me quickly, but I had to push him off, two hands on his chest.

“First, bullet holes, and my side is ripped open. Second, we’re in a hospital.” I said and he let his head hang with a sigh.

“This damn hospital’s the reason behind all my problems.” He whispered, and pecked me on the cheek before lying back next to me.

All of your problems?” I asked, my eyebrows raised.

“Well,” He started. “Most of ‘em. A couple, at least.” I kept that look of ‘Really?’ on my face. “Okay, so the only problem it causes it that those damn nurses kept kicking me out of your room this afternoon.”

“That’s what I thought.” I chuckled, the pain in my side dulled down. “You’re too determined sometimes.”

“I think clingy is a better word.” He informed, his lips pursed in a smile.

“You don’t seem clingy.” I told him and he took a deep breath.

“Well after everything you’ve done I sure as hell have a reason to be.” He whispered, his voice growing quiet.

“What do you mean?” I inquired, wondering what he meant.

“I mean, you helped me out of a marriage I was going nowhere in, you let me fall head over heels for you and you fell for me just as hard, and you brought me to realize that you’re the person I want to spend every single waking hour with because I’m never going to be this in love with anyone but you.” Bam let a soft smile come to his face by the end of his sentence and he leaned into me, kissing me softly on the lips before pulling away. “Thanks to you I have every reason in the world to spend my whole life by your side because I love you, and that’s all that matters.” I just smiled, my heart running around my ribcage in circles.

“I would’ve said something sweet and truthful after those first little heartfelt words, but you kind of took them right out of my mouth.” I bit down on my lip and he chuckled. He really did. He was right, too. Right now, at this point in time, all that mattered was love.

“You don’t have to say anything. Just you being here with me lets me know how you feel.” He informed, and kissed me once more.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Bam’s POV*^
The next morning I was woken up too early by a nurse, who just crossed her arms and looked at me like we’d fucked last night. I told her not to be jealous, and that I knew I was hard to resist, and she told me to get back to my room. I said no, and laid back down, wrapping my arms back around Kori. Though not too long after I’d fallen asleep I was woken up again by the sound of the door opening.

“Mr…Margera?” I cracked my eyes open slightly, looking back to see the doctor. I wanted to groan and tell him to just leave, but instead I took a deep breath, carefully bringing my arms from Kori’s body as I sat up, swinging my legs off the side of the bed, and the doctor just looked at me with curious eyes. “I figured you’d be in here.” He said and I sighed, running a hand down my face.

“She’s pregnant with my kid, and I love her.” I held my arms out. “What are you gonna do about that?” I asked and he sighed, taking a chart out from under his arm as I let my arms fall. I was tired. I was too tired. That damn bed may have been comfortable, but fucking hospitals don’t exactly let you get too good of a sleep. It was like sleeping in a fucking graveyard.

“I was actually coming to discharge her. I went to discharge you, but you weren’t in your room. I guessed you’d be in here after the fight you put up with Samantha and Terry yesterday.” Those were the two broads’ names? Hm. Seemed more like Bitch One and Bitch Two rather than Samantha and Terry… “Your parents are here in the waiting room, and I gave them your papers, and Ms. Aidaire’s as well.”

“So we’re free to go?” I asked, and he nodded with a polite smile.

“Yes, you two are free to go.”

“Thanks.” I said, and he just nodded before he turned and walked on out. I carefully stood up, since it still hurt to straighten up fully because of the bandaging on my stomach, but once I got fully on my feet I turned around, and shook Kori’s shoulder softly, and she rolled over with one eye half open.

“What?” She groaned, her voice groggy and I was almost afraid she was gonna punch me in the face. God knows what happened the last time someone woke her up early.

“Time to go.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Kori’s POV*^
Bam and I rode back to the house with Austin and Ville and Phil and April met us at the house. I was tired and slightly cranky. It was too early. I went straight back to bed when we got home, my whole right side aching. I couldn’t sleep though. I had too much in my face to drift off, so I just wallowed in thoughts and pain. I couldn’t help but still have my small doubts about this whole pregnancy thing. Bam and I were just about two of the most childish people in the US. I was sure of this. And his friends were the most careless and reckless in the US. This I was also sure of. I did love Bam though, and I knew he loved me, and that’s the thing that kept me headed straight. We’d work through everything and be okay. We’d be together forever. Or at least I sure as hell hoped. In this lifestyle he has with said friends, god knows when he’d get hurt, or worse. No matter what though, I loved Bam. I loved him even though his friends were asylum escapees that I’d come to call friends, myself. I loved him even though we hated each other the first few days after we met. I loved him even though our relationship started because of our hate for one another. I loved him even though he was insane. He was the guy I wanted to live every day with until the day I die.

As I started thinking a little more, my thoughts clouding my head, I got out of bed, remembering Bam and I’s conversation from yesterday. I made my way downstairs, vowing I’d go to sleep as soon as everything calmed down. I walked into the kitchen, finding April making breakfast with Austin in the kitchen as Knoxville and Ville hung over their shoulders, and Phil was at the far end of the table, and Ryan was sitting across from an empty seat between Bam and Hanna, drinking coffee. I took the empty seat between Bam and Hanna. Bam looked at me, seeming almost confused.

“Why aren’t you in bed? I thought you were tired.” Bam inquired and I took a deep breath.

“Well, I was kind of thinking about what we talked about yesterday.” I whispered, low enough so Hanna didn’t hear and Bam smiled and was about to say something, but Hanna cut him off.

“Didn’t you sleep?” Hanna asked, and I let a tired sigh escape my lips.

“Yes, Hanna, I did sleep, but it was last night, so I have reasons to be tired.” I told Hanna as I leaned into Bam and he put his arm around me.

“Oh I bet.” Hanna said sarcastically.

“Actually, she does.” Bam retorted matter-of-factly.

“Like what? You guys were drugged up and slept all night. I don’t get how you can be so tired.” Hanna said, and I took a deep breath as I looked over at him.

“First I was up late, second I slept in a hospital, third I’m fucking pregnant,” Everyone froze but I didn’t skip a beat. “Fourth these pain meds are wearing off and I have thirty four stitches holding my side together, and fifth, you keep talking so I-”

“Wait,” Ryan cut me off. “This is a joke, right?” He asked, looking between Bam and I. “Holy shit.” He muttered after Bam and I didn’t say a word. I think April was gonna have a stroke if she hadn’t already, since she was just standing in the kitchen frozen, and Phil just went blank. Hanna looked like he wanted to kill Bam, but Knoxville and Austin just had small smiles on their faces. I knew Knoxville was smiling because we’d made a decision.

“Well,” Ville began, taking a deep breath. He seemed to be the only one still able to move, everyone else was still frozen in time like the world just stopped. “Didn’t see that one coming.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentor:

MoMo_92

One chapter left.

xoxo, Saleigh