Status: Active... I have made this using my own imagination:)

I'm On a Trip

Chapter Six

Chapter 6:

Charlotte's P.O.V:

The three days since that night in the heated club went by like a breeze, I was honestly so excited about going to see one of my favourite bands tonight, in their home state with the possibility that another certain band would be there too. I allowed my thoughts to get carried away sometimes, which often made it difficult when I got my hopes too high, cause I'd just crash down again.

It was now or never I needed to ready for the time of my life, I was seeing Mayday Parade and The Maine on their last night of tour, in Arizona. Remembering that thought, motivated me to actually move off of the sofa and into my room in order to get ready. After fumbling around looking for something to wear I settled on my 'The Maine' band t-shirt which hung off of my body loosely, and denim shorts. I quickly tucked in my t-shirt and took one last look at my hair, which I decided to leave as it was. I placed a couple of wristbands on my right wrist before grabbing my camera off of the charge, shoving it roughly into my pocket. I slipped on my red converse and made my way to the door. To my surprise Sophie was already set to go so we wandered straight outside, the heat engulfing us as soon as we took one step outside, that was one thing I didn't miss about London; the cold weather in the Winter.

"This is going to be an epic night," I grinned, unable to control my excitement.

"If he takes his shirt off I am officially going to die," Sophie replied.

"You're telling me that!" I looked at her with raised eyebrows before thinking about the consequences of him removing his shirt.

"His tattoos though," Soph commented, not specifically aiming at anyone.

"Kenny's little grin though," I replied.

"Jared's concentrate face.." she giggled back in return.

"Garrett going mad as per usual.." I chuckled back.

"Pat as a woman," she challenged back.

"He has better legs than me, like seriously, not fair," I smiled in return.

We continued our whole conversation on how awesome the night ahead was going to be as we walked in the glistening sun to the venue. Sadly we decided not to get to the venue as early as when we went to see ATL but nevermind, I am sure we can push for the barrier...

As we approached the venue, I saw the endless queue.

"Great," I sighed ready to turn towards the back of the queue.

"Hold your horses, look who it is," Sophie said giving me her mischievous smile. I turned around only to hear our names being called.

"Sophie, Char! Get over here now we're getting lonely.." They called, I then realized who it was and quickly proceeded over towards them. Hannah, Amelia and Lydia instantly pulled us into the queue and gave us hugs. These girls were truly great and it was weird not seeing them in so long, even though this is the second time we have ever seen them.

"You weren't here as early this time then?" Lydia immediately asked.

"Nah, we didn't get up til late to be honest," Sophie replied.

We continued our little catch up session until the screams started. The adrenaline gave us a kick and we knew we would be in the venue in a matter of minutes as they open the venue doors. Being at the front of the queue meant that we got straight in after flashing our tickets to the door men. We walked into the unfamiliar venue, finding our way round past the merch stall and to the barrier. We stood at the barrier leaning on it as we began talking again, while we waited for the venue to fill up with other fans. We knew that Mayday Parade had been playing amazingly while on tour with The Maine, so we were definitely in for an awesome night!

"I hope they play my favourite..." I smiled thinking about John singing along the familiar lyrics with as much passion as last time in London.

"You always get so emotional over that song though?" Sophie returned, remembering in London when she was singing along to the lyrics with tears streaming down her face elegantly.

"Yeah but it's beautiful, and I'll only do the same with Take Me Dancing," I added. It was true, their music meant so much to me that I believed every word of it like it was a story.

"Don't even get me started!" Hannah joined our conversation. "That sends me all emotional too!" she smiled.

"I want them to play Some Days to be honest, good song..." Amelia trailed off before staring at something going on behind her.

We all nodded in agreement as the lights began to dim. We all knew that Mayday Parade were going to be awesome no matter what, so although I didn't know all of their songs I still enjoyed every second of their set.

After around 1 hour of their set they went off and that's when the excitement builded up inside of me. The atmosphere was amazing so far, and I honestly couldn't wait for what was to come next.

After passing back several cups of water to thirsty people squashed in the middle of venue and then throwing them back over the barrier to the bin on the otherside for a bit of fun while we waited for The Maine's set to begin. Once the quite funny break came to an end the lights dimmed while 5 figures walked onto the stage, the immense screams erupted around me as I joined in and a smile spread across my face. I had never seen them live in anywhere other than London, let alone on their last night of tour in their home state!

We heard the opening chords of 'Like We Did' and everyone began screaming and jumping around as the song reached the chorus everyone was waving their arms around to the beat, simply enjoying the amazing music that surrounded us. Once they finished playing they swiftly moved onto 'Right Girl', 'Thinking Of You' and 'Ice Cave' which we performed to perfection.

That's when he spoke to the crowd, I think I almost died at his accent. I remembered all the jokes we shared in London, knowing it wouldn't be the same in their home state.

"Hey," he spoke with his deep raspy voice, "how you guys?" he glanced around the room as everyone cheered, not really replying to him at all. "So you want some fun tonight, right?" he added, only to be interrupted by more loud cheers. "cool, well here's 'This Is The End'" he added just as the guitar started up and John sang the sweet lyrics, tilting his head and getting rather close to the mic.

I watched in amusement as Garrett fooled around to the beat, while I sang along. Pat was flicking his hair around, pulling odd faced as he concentrated on getting the correct beat. Kennedy and Jared played along strumming the guitars and wandering around the stage as they went while John sang him heart out at the front, occasionally wandering off to the others. They then played 'Don't Stop Now' which was yet another one of my favourites that we all rocked around to, living for the moment, no-one really cared whether they accidently trod on each others feet.

Once that finished he spoke again, Garrett adding his own little comment for the night too.

"We're now going to play an old song for all you lovers out there," John smirked and that's when my heart fell, I loved this song so much and for them to play it tonight was a dream. John seemed to be searching around the room as though he was searching for someone. "This is 'Into Your Arms'," he added as he locked his firey green eyes and smiled, I returned a smile but to be honest I was burning up inside it actually killed me there and then.

John pulled out his acoustic guitar, while they all started playing along. I was waiting for the lyrics to start, that's when I knew the tears would start rolling down my cheeks. The thing is, I would never know I was crying, because I felt so numb when I listened to this song. I sang along to the song with as much emotion as usual but I didn't scream it, like the rest of the room did, clearly enjoying the song too. I got lost in John's eyes not realising that every now and then glancing down this wink. He made my heart melt.

The rest of the set finished soon enough and the venue began filling out while me and the girls recovered from the sensational night! Sophie nudged me on the arm and gave me a wink before saying, "Did you see the way he kepting looking your way?" she giggled, clearly knowing something I didn't.

"It probably wasn't me," I sighed. "I was a hopeless wreck again wasn't I?" I directed at all of the girls.

They all simply nodded. That's when I knew he was probably looking at how pathetic I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, please review. The story is actually getting somewhere now, hope you enjoy. I've spent a while on this chapter and I honestly can't wait to write the next but it might not be until nest week.

Please review:)