‹ Prequel: Blood Lines
Status: Active

My Blood Lines Are With You

Medically Speaking

After Brian left, I just couldn't go back to sleep so I sat up and kept a close eye on Roxy as she was trying to recover from what she went through. What we both went through. I just hope Roxy doesn't think what happened to both of us is her fault because it isn't. I know when she is well enough we will have to talk. I don't want her beating herself in thinking this is all her fault. Roe is the one who brought it upon himself to kill our boss in cold blood and then come after both of us. She didn't plan for him to take me captive and beat me to a bloody pulp and I sure as hell know she didn't plan for him to beat her once again. She left him to get away from the shit he did to her. I know if Brian knew all the things he did to her, he would have hunted him down and killed him with his bare hands but he doesn't have to worry about that now. Brian cares so much for Roxy that it isn't even funny and when his name is mentioned, I know the look in Roxy's eyes doesn't lie about the way she feels towards him.

I turned over in the bed so I could face Roxy and she looked so bad. I know I look pretty bad with all these bruises and cuts on my face but Roxy...She's suffered a lot worse than I did. I guess he really did mean what he said. No one leave him...he leaves them. Leaves them fghting for their life or dead is more like it. The only sound in the room was the sound of our heart monitors beeping and the sound of the ventilator helping Roxy to breathe. I laid my head back on the pillow to rest my sore neck when thesound of rapid beeping was heard throughout the room. I reached over on the wall and clicked the button repeatedly until doctors and nurses came into the room.

"What's wrong with her!" I yelled as I sat up in the bed but the answer I got was a nurse pulling the curtain between us. That just made me angry as fuck! I looked over as a nurse ran out the door and seconds later came back with a cart and wheeled it behind the curtain. More beeping was heard before a doctor yelled Clear! I listened to the beeping as I searched for my phone. The beeping went back to it's normal sound and the curtain reopened as a nurse was covering up Roxy's chest.

"Please will someone tell me what just happened?" I asked again in frantic and being very unpatient.

"Her heart stopped beating and now it's not. It's very common for this to happen and it shouldn't happen again."

"You have a very positive attitude about this whole situation." I said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes.

"That's the only attitude I have for this early morning hour." The doctor left along with the nurses. What the hell is wrong with that doctor? I swear to god if I could have gotten up and out of this bed, I would have punched him right in the mouth. I grabbed my phone from the table beside me and found Brian's number before pushing call. He did tell me to call if anything happened.

"Hello?"

"I'm sorry if I woke you up Brian...Please don't get freaked out but Roxy's heart stopped but she's just fine now."

"Oh my God...I knew I shouldn't have left the hospital. I'm coming over right now and don't you even try and talk me out of it."

Before I could say anything the line went dead and I placed the phone back on the table beside my bed. I pulled myself up as good as I could and slowly walked over to Roxy's bedside and sat down and held her hand.

"Roxy...please don't scare me like that again...We need you here. I need you and so does Brian...Skylar needs his big sister." I said petting her hand gently in mine. She's got to pull through this and get better. I won't let her give up for anything! I looked over at the door as Brian crept in and shut the door behind him.

"They wouldn't let you come back here would they?" I asked rubbing my tumb over her hand.

"Yeah...I literally had to use Jimmy's ninja skills to get in here." I shook my head as he came over to the bed and sat down on the other side.

"Did the doctor say why her heart stopped beating?"

"He said it was normal but I didn't like his attitude." I said remembering back to the doctor's words. My blood began to boil.

"What did he say?" I explained every little detail about what happened and he got madder than I had been.

"I would have gotten up and grabbed him by the neck and punched his ass out."

"That's exactly what I told Roxy when the doctors left." I said smiling down at her sleeping form.

"You get some sleep and I'll watch her since these precious doctors need their sleep." I laughed and went back over to my bed and laid down. I watched as Brian laid down next to her the best he could and instantly fell off to sleep. Hell he must have been really tired...well and I did wake him up from his sleep that I told him to get. Oh I know the first thing he wakes up, he's going to find that doctor and give him a piece of his mind and I can't wait to see that.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Just like I had predicted, Brian had found the doctor that said those nasty words in such a sarcastic tone and drug him into the room where Roxy and I were laying.

"Now I want you to tell me right now what cause her heart to stop beating and I really don't appreciate you giving some smart ass comment to one of my hurt friends like that." Brian said getting right into the doctors face.

"Medically speaking, there isn't anything wrong with Roxy. She's just in a drug induced coma so she can heal. Her heart stopping like it did, is unknown but we're keeping a close eye on her and in the past several hours her heart hasn't stopped."

"Medically speaking, she didn't get all those wounds from falling down the stairs. She got them from an lunatic who just couldn't let go!" I said as I glared daggers into the man's soul.

"There's no need for hatred...I know the extent of her injuries but all I can tell you is that she could wake up today, tomorrow...a week from now or a year from now. We all just have to let nature take it's course and let me step in when something happens. Now if you will please excuse me but I have other patients to attend to and I will be coming back to check on her later." The doctor picked up his chart and left the room letting the door shut behind him. God how could someone be so...god I don't understand what the hell is wrong with some doctors these days.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?

The Rifleman series is coming soon so be on the look out!