Status: If you don't like slash, please leave. Subscribe if you want more. More should be coming soon!

I'm Not Letting Go

I'm Not Letting Go Chapter 7

Zachary entered his father's room when he was aloud. He saw him on his bed looking at the ceiling and breathing very slowly. "Zachary, come here son." Jimmy said in a tired voice. Zachary did as he was told and came close to him. "I got to tell you something." Jimmy said to Zachary. "What is it?" He said in response. "I'm dying son. I just want to tell you that I been fighting for a while now and didn't want to tell you or else you will worry all the time. You have too much to handle. I started having heart problems since long before you were born. I was in a band one time, drummer actually and started having problems after five years being in a band." Jimmy said resting is hand on Zachary's arm. "Why didn't you tell me that you were a drummer? What band were you in?" Zachary said filling tears in curiosity. "I can't tell you that. It's a secret that no one should find out. Just only three of my friends and me should know. Now, here is my will to you. I want you to have all my prize pocessions for you to remember me by." Jimmy said as Zachary started to cry. "Please, don't cry. I don't want to leave with sadness following me. Remember, that I will always be there, by your side, every step of the way in your life. I don't want you to do anything stupid like killing yourself after I'm gone. Understand?" Jimmy said wiping the tears off of Zachary's face. "I-I un-understand dad." He said holding back the tears with a lump in his throat. "Good, now, I want you to play at the half time game. Show them whose boss. Don't worry; I will be there in spirit." Zachary nodded. "Goodbye my dear son." Jimmy said as he took his last breathe of life and closed his eyes. All that was left of him was his body; his spirit is now floating out to the afterlife. "Your soul will live on dad." Zachary said to himself. He got up and left the room, walking out of the building to catch a bus home. "I can't believe he is gone." He said to himself. He arrived back to the house, and called Frank. "Hello?" Frank said when he picked up. "Hey bud. I got something that we need to do." Zachary said in a calm sad tone. "What would that be?" He said on the other line. "We need to play "So Far Away" by Avenged Sevenfold at the half time homecoming performance." Zachary said. Frank was shocked when he heard this. Even though the band knew how to play it perfectly, he didn't understand why a sad song, especially after Zachary's father passed away. "Hello?" Frank snapped back into reality. "Why would you want to play that?" Frank said in curiosity. "In honor of my father." Zachary said hoping if that is okay. "Sure dude, I'll call Jared and Jacoby and tell them." Frank said in alert. "Alright, be at the game with all your guises stuff prepared by eight o'clock tomorrow night." Zachary said seriously. Frank nodded and hung up. Zachary decided to go to bed after a bad day. Frank called the others about the same thing, then he called Jimmy's friend Synyster. "Hello?" Synyster said asking who is on the other line. "Hey Gates, it's me Frank. Jimmy's son's friend. I just want to let you know that Zachary will be at the half time game and I need you, Matt, and Johnny to get on stage near the end of the song. That will probably be the best time to get him, right after finishing the whole song." Frank said in discussion. "If you think that works, we'll do that then. What song are you guys playing?" Synyster said in curiosity. "So Far Away, by your guises band in honor of Jimmy." Frank said quickly. "I know the perfect entrance. I'll see you tomorrow night then!" Synyster said and hung up.