Status: steadily updating

Letters to Paris

Cinq/Five

Louis

Harry returned late that night, later than I’d ever expected. He’d said he was going to explore the city a bit more – on his own. Although, it seemed like a lie. I’d never questioned his actions until this week. He’d been disappearing more often, and texting non-stop. So naturally, I got curious.
And did the worst thing imaginable.

One morning,

I followed him.

*
All I wanted to do was stay in my bed, curled up with my arms wrapped around my girlfriend, under the warmth of the sheets. It was a good thing I could just sport a light jacket, and a beanie to tame my hair.

The morning was cold, and the night had left a layer of thick fog throughout the city, letting a deep chill sink in. The sun was just peaking through the wall of low cloud, lightening up the busy streets.
And here I was, trudging behind my best friend, without his knowing. I felt really creepy, and a wave of guilt had swallowed itself into my lungs. My feet kept moving though, obviously counting for something. I was worried about him.

The lump in my throat grew as I watched him head up the walkway of a townhouse, and was met with a man of his late 30’s or early 40’s. The man greeted Harry by name, and welcomed him into the house.

About an hour later, Harry emerged with a girl. I knew exactly who it was. Chanel. I watched as he leaned over and whispered something into her ear, making her laugh. She kissed his cheek, and laced their fingers together. He grinned back at her, and pulled her down the walkway, heading the opposite direction, Harry had come this morning.

I’d seen enough.

I mean, I should be happy for him, right? Shouldn’t I? I had a girlfriend. Who loved the shit out of me, and was hilarious. I shouldn’t be complaining. Did I have feelings for Chanel?

Obviously, Louis.

I was in deep.

Too deep.

Shit.

The walk back to the hotel seemed to take three times as long as it had earlier that morning. My mind clouded with heavy thoughts, and anger towards my best friend. He had a girlfriend and didn’t tell me.

Or maybe I was jealous.

I needed to get over myself.

My girlfriend was in the lobby when I arrived back, fixing herself breakfast. A grin spread across my face, excited to see her.

“Good morning.” I whispered, wrapping my arms around her stomach, and kissing her cheek softly.

“Morning, Lou, where’d you run off to this morning?” She asked sweetly, a smile appearing as she
poked my nose.

“Louis!” Liam interrupted, running in from the elevator, out of breath.

I stared at him, raising an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue.

“Where’s Harry?”

I shrugged, rolling my eyes, and responding, “He left earlier this morning, don’t know”

“We have an interview in an hour,”

*

Everyone had texted and called Harry repeatedly.

He wouldn’t respond, so we went to the interview without him.

Paul was not going to be pleased when he heard about this.

Harry was in deep shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you guys like the story so far? Please comment and let us know! :D