Status: steadily updating

Letters to Paris

Six/Six

Chanel
I sat on my balcony with Harry, though this time we were cuddled as close as we could get. We watched the city for a while, kissed here and there, and finally decided to retire to inside from the chill. We’d spent the whole day together, walked around the city, ate lunch with Papa while Mama was out running errands. Papa liked Harry, trusted the both of us together.

A look of confusion then shock crossed Harry’s eyes as he looked at me, “I’m in trouble.”He spoke to me in my native French and I couldn’t help but smile at him. He was already fluent, but I could slowly hear his British accent fade when he spoke to me for a good amount of time.

I raised a brow, “Why? What happened?” I asked him in French.

He sighed and started to head out back to the balcony. “I missed an interview.”

We moved to the fire escape-turned decorated stairwell that connected my balcony to the streets below. Another feature that made my bedroom seem more like a connected apartment. “When was it?” Our conversation stayed in French as we both scurried down the iron steps.

“Four hours ago,” he turned back to face me as he touched the pebbled sidewalk and placed a sweet kiss on my lips. “I’ll call you later, okay?”

I nodded and watched him begin to run back to his hotel before I turned and went back to my room. How he had managed to forget an interview was beyond me, however my thoughts were interrupted by my phone buzzing with a text from Victor, the model I had met at my first Dior photoshoot the week before.

Bonjour, look at your email!” I turned on my computer and pulled up my email.

There it was, the edited and soon-to-be released ad for the cologne. Victor was sitting up, his toes in the sand, leaning back on one arm with the other caressing my face. I was on my stomach laying in the sand, the dress billowed a bit and sprayed a bit of sand. I had one hand firmly grasping his waist and the other reaching up to touch his face. There was lust playing on both of our faces and at the bottom of the ad was the bottle and logo.

It. Was. Perfect.

It was erotic and tame and passionate and calm all at the same time. I was shocked at how elegant and sexy I looked. Usually I was lucky if I passed for adequate each day. Bliss passed through me, this was the first step of my new career. I printed out the ad and ran downstairs to the kitchen where my parents were making dinner, “Mama! Papa! Look!”

I just about shoved the photo in their faces, Mama’s face was first pained but then she let to a soft smile while Papa’s lit up with excitement. “This is brilliant Chanel!” He shouted in French and enveloped me into a hug.

“It’s very good,” my mother said with a reserved tone.

She instantly killed my joy, “What’s wrong?”

She shifted on her feet a bit before she sighed and blurted, “It’s a bit mature isn’t it?”

Papa laughed at her little outburst, “Chanel is old enough now, dear. Besides this is hardly mature.” He kissed my cheeks and handed me the photo back. “Send me a copy on the computer and I’ll print and frame it for you.”

I smiled widely and rushed upstairs again to do just that. This was just amazing! I sent Harry a quick text telling him to check his email and collapsed on my bed and took out a book, ready to dive into the world of mystery and fantasy.

* * *

I didn’t hear from Harry the rest of that night or all of the next day, though I called and texted him a few times, along with the others, though none of them responded. I was beginning to get worried when I walked to the tower, needing to just clear my head and see it right in front of me.

I walked around it a couple of times, earning some weird looks from tourists on my third round. I sighed and gave up, placing myself on a bench a little ways off. How much trouble had he gotten into? I mean, I knew nothing about being a famous person, but surely his managers and band members wouldn’t be too mad. It was only one interview, and I did my research after I had initially met the boys and Eleanor and found videos of them doing an interview missing one or two of them.

He couldn’t be in that much trouble... could he?
♠ ♠ ♠
ooh what's next?!