Red

Bones - Eliza

There was a lot for me to process. After having dinner with Nathan and his bandmates I learned a lot about Nathan and his life. I wasn’t expecting to hear that he was only nineteen years old, and I was immediately called a cougar by Tom. I never thought age to be a big deal to begin with so it didn’t bother me, it just surprised me.

I didn’t want to think it, but it was pushing its way to the front of my thoughts. Being linked with Nathan would only bring me the attention I so craved, not only for my own pathetic reasons related to Aaron, but also professionally. I really liked him, REALLY liked him. I didn’t want to come off like I was using him for his fame though.

After I finished getting ready I ran out of the apartment in fear I was going to be late to meet Nathan at the radio station. I offered for him to spend the night with me, but he respectfully declined my offer and stayed at the hotel with his band.

Edmund dropped me off out front just as the boys were getting out of a van. I walked up to Nathan and linked my hand with his. He leaned down and gave me a sweet kiss on my lips. “I missed you last night,” he whispered inches from my ear.

“Well tonight you owe me that dinner as part of the Nathan Supreme package.”

“That I do, I can’t wait.” I kissed him quickly again before following him inside of the studio. This felt so normal to me. The kisses, the holding hands, the secret smiles. Aaron and I didn’t even touch for the last nine months of our relationship. Here Nathan and I were, six days into whatever this was that we were doing, and I haven’t been happier.

“Eliza?” I spun around to come face to face with Ben, an old high school classmate.

“Hey Ben! How are you! What are you doing here?” I let go of Nathan’s hand to give Ben a hug.

“I’m the morning show producer. You’re here with the band?” He asked looking from me to Nathan.

I smiled back at Nathan and clasped my hands together in front of me. “I’m with the band.”

“It’s about time you had some fun in your life. I gotta run, but I’m sure I’ll see you around later.” He ran off and I turned around to look back at Nathan.

“Why do I feel like you’re leaving a big part of your life hidden away from me?” He asked raising an eyebrow.

“I’m not sure why you would think that, because I’m not.”

“I don’t even know what you do for a living.”

“I’m a painter.”

“Nathan! Come on! Bring Eliza with!” Siva shouted from just beyond a doorway. Nathan dragged me down the hallway and heads turned to watch us walk through. We walked into the studio and I was placed across the table from the boys. Headphones were handed to me and I was instantly confused. I was just here to observe, why was I now sitting in front of a microphone with headphones on my head?

“Welcome back, it’s Friday morning, seven fourteen is the time and live in studio . . . THE WANTED!”

A smile crawled on my face as all the guys said hello into their own microphones and my eyes glanced over at the host, Jackie.

“Good morning gentleman. This is your first time to Seattle, I’d like to welcome you properly. I do believe we have mimosas for everyone.” Ben walked in with a tray holding four champagne flutes. He handed one to Max, Tom, Siva and Jay. Nathan looked around clearly feeling left out.

“Do I not get one because I’m underage?” He asked with a smile.

Jackie quickly looked at me before looking at Nathan. “You don’t get one because this isn’t your first time to Seattle. You caused quite the uproar appearing on the front page of our paper with the lovely Eliza Svenson.” I felt my ears burn, knowing my face flushed red. “She’s actually with us in studio, say hello Eliza.”

“Hi,” I squeaked out silently freaking out as to why I was being brought into this conversation.

“I think everyone in the city knows who Eliza is, she’s the Grace Kelly of this town. Even right now, it’s not even eight in the morning she’s dressed like she’s about to meet the queen. What are you doing with Nathan? Look at him, he’s wearing a hat that says ‘dope’.” She asked looked me square in the eyes. I froze. I looked over at Nathan and there was a hint of sadness to his eyes.

“Have you looked into Nathan’s eyes though? They’re mesmerizing.” All the guys swooned and the butterflies in my stomach were jumping around like crazy. I looked over my shoulder to see Ben standing watching over us. I motioned for him to make me a mimosa. He laughed but a few moments later a cold glass was placed in my hands.

I listened as the interview went on; the boys were rather funny poking fun at one another. Nathan stayed quite for the most part, only speaking when asked a direct question. When they went to commercial break we locked eyes and he mouthed asking if I was okay. I nodded my head and smiled. It was the best I could do.

“Welcome back! Friday morning, thirty minutes past seven, let’s get down to business. Now I understand you guys have a new song, Nathan why don’t you tell us about it,” Jackie smiled flipping through some papers that lay in front of her.

“Well after I got back to LA from my mini vacation here in Seattle I wrote this song. It was written, recorded and edited in like 54 hours or something like that.”

“So you guys just did this song this week?”

“That’s right,” Tom answered.

“What’s it about?”

“Well,” Nathan started, his eyes meeting mine. “It’s called ‘I Found You’. I don’t know how to explain it more than that,” he laughed.

“Alright, let’s take a listen. Here’s the world premiere of The Wanted’s new song, ‘I Found You’!”

Nathan got up from his chair and came to stand behind me. “Just listen to the words,” he whispered in my ear, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. I leaned my head back, resting the back on my head on his shoulder.

I wanna put my hands on her hands
Feel the heat from her skin
Get reckless in the starlight
I’m moving to the beat of her heart
I was so lost until tonight


“You wrote this?” I whispered turning in my seat to face him.

“Yeah.”

“After you spent the night with me?”

“Yeah,” a slight blush finally crossed his face. I wasn’t the only one.

The song calmed down for a moment before a bellowing “I said people, we’re all looking for love tonight” rang through my ears. It was Nathan singing. I could tell from the look on his face. I grabbed the sides of his face and brought his lips down to mine. Kissing him hard and long until the song ended.

“I think you’re awesome,” I whispered breathlessly.

“I think you’re awesome too.” He kissed me on the forehead before returning to his chair.

“I TOLD YOU. I BLOODY TOLD YOU NATH!” Tom yelled pointing his finger at me.

“I think we need to turn the air conditioning on in this studio. Or more mimosa’s. There is some seriously love connection going on in the studio right now. So Nathan, I take it you wrote this song about Eliza?” Jackie asked as Ben got us all new glasses of drinks, including Nathan this time.

“She was my muse, yes.”

“Tom, what were you right about?” Jackie asked.

“We were in the studio finishing the editing and I told Nathan that once Eliza heard his solo he’d have no problem sealing the deal.”

“That is not! No!” Nathan protested laughing. I couldn’t help but laugh myself.

“Yes! Yes Nathan! Look at her, she wants to jump your bones right now!”

“Eliza, have anything to say?” Jackie asked me.

“I do. Nathan . . . Tom’s right. I want to jump your bones.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Eliza & Nathan

Comments?