Day in the Life of Me

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 9:40 P.M.

So, as you probably can't see (what am I saying, of course you can't!), I am now writing this at 9:40 at night. Not much happened after noon, unless you call the dog fighting with a rat, or Pizza Hut cheating my mom out of her money news.

At around 2 o'clock just before my brothers got home from school, (yes, they are in public school while us girls are in an online school), my 13 year old sister ran into the house exclaiming, "Angel caught a rat!" Angel's the dog. She's a rottweiler that someone gave to us years ago, and she makes a great guard dog. So, anyway, my mom and I instantly ran outside with our socks on. Don't judge me, I was too lazy to put on shoes. My sister said that she saw Angel run towards the rat and tried to bite it. Then, the rat bit her on the lip, (I saw the blood), and my sister pushed Angel out the way. She thought that it was a cat and wanted to keep it, (rolls eyes). I guess when she found out that it was just a stinky old rat she let the dog kill it.

After this little incident my mom had me searching on the laptop if Angel could catch a disease from the rat bite. I told her what little knowledge that I gathered from Google. That Angel could possibly catch rabies if she haven't had her shot. That's basically it. You can't imagine how paranoid my mom got. She started saying stuff like, "Ya'll can't touch that dog! She might have rabies!" Then, she asked me to look up if humans could catch it. In one search, I found the answer. Then she began yelling, "Don't touch the dog! Humans can get rabies too!" I kept saying, "She might not even have rabies!" Seemed that she didn't hear me, though.

I went back inside the house and sat on the couch. Then, a few minutes later, when my dad was home, they (meaning my two sisters, my mom, my dad, my 4 year old bro, and the dog) had caught another rat. Well, first they had placed a rat trap right by a hole that was on the back of the house where I guess they suspected the rats were coming from. I guess one of the rats had creeped out and landed right on the trap. Then, because I only heard the tale, the rat began to squeak and my dad supposedly yelled at it, "Shutup rat!" then banged it with a shovel. Ouch.

After I heard about this, I went back outside. This time I stayed out for about an hour or so but, to my disgrace, nothing interesting happened. The rest of my day went pretty boring until my mom decided to order pizza.

Right, so she had two coupons. One to get 2 large pizzas however we want from Domino's for 10$ and one to get 2 large pizzas however we want from Pizza Hut for 10$ plus 50 cents for each wing in a 14 piece. After much debating, she chose Domino's. She called up the nearest one and ordered. Then, she told our address. To our surprise, the lady on the phone said that she didn't deliver to the area that we lived in after 4. Must have been too scared, since we lived in what you may call, 'the ghetto.' So, to our dismay we had to call up Pizza Hut.

After my mom had told Pizza Hut our order and hung up, she said that the guy said the price was like more than 30 dollars. I can't recall what the exact price was. Then, she looked back at the Pizza Hut coupon and saw the word, 'each,' written in smaller letters under the 9.99. So, turned out that the pizza was 9.99 EACH. And she had order wings which totaled to 7 dollars. Then, she had to pay all kinds of taxes, I don't know. All I know is that once me, my sister, and my oldest brother had split our money up, bought 3 medium pizzas AND some cinnamon rolls and it was like 35$. So, you could imagine how upset we were that we had to pay all this money just for 2 large pizzas, which once we got was looking just like medium, and 14 hot wings. We totally got cheated out of our money. My mom took a look at the Domino's coupon and saw that it didn't say each. If only Domino's delivered to our neighborhood. -_-

It was nearly six when the pizza got here. We ate. Then, about an hour or two later the brownies that my mom was making was done. But, we had to wait about another 30 minutes or so to eat them. But, it was well worth the way. They were DELICIOUS! Ate it with some milk, mm mm mm. Yummy in my tummy. Oh wait, I skipped a part. Somewhere between the pizza being delivered and the brownies being made, my aunt had called. She wished me a happy birthday and asked me did I want a gift card or some money. I said money. :) She also wished my newly 4 year old bro a happy b-day. This made my day. 2 calls from my family that I only see 2 or 3 times a year. It let me know that there was people out there in the world thinking about me. Then, I felt ashamed that I never can remember their birthdays.

My day slowed down after all of this. Got on the computer for a little while, then took a shower. I just got out before I started writing this. Now, it's 10:10 p.m. Well, g'night, sleep tight, and don't let the vampires bite.