House Of Blood

Starting Out

Frankie's P.O.V.

A year after the wedding, we're finally settled into our new house in Stevensville, Maryland. It's about two miles away from my parent's house, so I'll have help when the baby comes.

I'm 9 months pregnant with my first child. The nursery is decorated in vintage black and pink print. The crib is a solid black wood. Baby clothes are folded in a matching dresser. A printed, over-stuffed chair sits at an angle in the corner. There's toy boxes, and nets full of little stuffed critters. A large pink rug in the center of the room is covered by a black wood rocking chair, a vintage print fleece throw, and a cute pink and black lamp. It's finished off black and white photos hanging around the room. I stand there for a minute, taking it all in.

"Honey?"

I turn and see Gerard looking in the door way, watching me overlook the nursery.

"Yes, dear?" I reply.

"I was thinking about names for the baby. I like Hanley," he aspired.

"That's cute. More of a boy's name, don't you think? I'm sorry we're not having the little boy you always dreamed of." I argued back to him, and immediately regret it. I've been so horrible to him in the last 6 months.

"No, no. That's fine. I will love this little girl just as much. She'll be the prettiest little fertile. Besides you, of course." He flashes me a huge smile and I can see the happiness in his eyes.

In this marvelous world of vampires, there's two kinds. Dominates and fertiles. Fertiles can be male or female. Either way, they are treated like queens. They are expected to dress feminine, even the males. It's supposed to be a beauty thing. Something doms will never understand, but they love it anyways. Dominates are always male. They have complete control over their mate. No matter how rough the dom is to his fertile, the fertile loves it. Fertiles will always obey their dom. Fertiles, no matter who they belong to, are always protected. Not just from evil vamps, but from revenge-ridden humans.

Humans are scum, okay? Humans are slaves. They are forced to strip, prostitute, fight to the death, serve, clean, anything you can think of. Some vampires consider them pets. They are here for our entertainment. Other than that, they're lives are worthless. Nobody cares if their killed. Humans cannot touch a vamp without consent. If one upsets a fertile, he will be put to death immediately. Usually by the fertile's mate. If they mess with a dom? They will be shredded. If a human is smart, they'll keep their mouth shut.

"Dolly!" I shout.

Dolly is the human bitch I got Gerard for Christmas last year. She's a pretty human, like a doll. Hence Dolly.

"Fetch me my laptop."

She brings it to me. Gerard carefully walks me to our room. We lie on the bed and power up the new Dell. It' time to pick out a name.

"How about Asher?" he points.

"Grayson?"

"Tegan?"

"Karisa?"

Scrolling through the list of name, I stopped. We both knew, this is the perfect name. Aurelia.

"Aurelia. Ariel, for short." He finally said.

I ask, "What about a middle name?"

"Well, since Aurelia is a girlish name. She needs something to show her attitude, because I'm her father," he brags.

He thinks, "Red? Aurelia Red?"

"Uh, I don't think so. It is cute, darling, but I think we could find something better."

"Aurelia Macayla? No."

"Aurelia Zale. Perfect."

"Yes!" he shrieked, "Aurelia Zale. My little vamp."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?