Let Me Be The One To Call You Baby All The Time

Oh Boy

Angela could do nothing but pretend to smile. Oh God! How am I gonna get myself out of this one? She thought, quickly shaking herself back to reality. “Hi, I’m Angela,” she said offering her hand hesitantly.

“Hi,” said Zoey through an equally fake smile.

“Well, uh,” Angela said looking at her feet. “I guess I should show you where your locker is.”

“Yea,” she agreed.

“I guess I’ll leave you guys. I have a million and seven things to do, but if you really need me don’t hesitate to ask!” Mimi said walking away.

“Sure,” Angela said waiting anxiously for Mimi to disappear from sight. Once she turned the corner, her fake smile came off and both Angela and Zoey sighed.

“Ok listen,” Angela demanded. “For until Mimi says otherwise I guess we’re stuck with each other, so here’s how it’s gonna work. I’m gonna show you what to do, and you're gonna do it. If you do it wrong I will correct you. You will treat me with respect; I have earned my way to becoming assistant manager and just because you’re here doesn’t mean things change. Got it?” she said. “What happens outside of this store does not come in here!”

“Ok, ok! I get it!” Zoey said holding her hands up.

“Ok,” Angela sighed. “now, what’s your number?”

“Seven,” Zoey read from an index card.

“Alright, I’ll show you where it is,” She said gesturing to the doors at the back of the store; where the employees kept all of their stuff and sometimes ate lunch. Only six more hours of this she thought to herself as she walked Zoey to her locker.

“Ah number seven” Angela said opening the small grey locker “this is where you can keep all of your stuff, or at least what fits. If you trust people you can put your food in the fridge, but I wouldn’t. Umm they don’t lock so, if there’s anything extremely valuable I’d keep it on your person”

“Yea, so, what exactly are we gonna do?” Zoey asked putting her coat and purse in her locker.

“Well I usually do the cashier, or I supervise some stuff, but today since you’re just starting, I guess we’ll just go where they need us. We’ll probably start off in the dressing rooms; they always need help putting things back, and clearing the rooms”

“Sounds…….uh, fun,” Zoey said with a slightly disgusted face.

What a snob, Angela though.

“Yea,” Angela agreed in the same blaze` tone. “Tons of fun."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long! comments?