Status: Updated daily :)

Adorably Clueless

02

Alec shot daggers at Jace, definitely not forgetting the last time he met him. “Can’t you hear jock?”

Jace’s eyes started to turn red as his fist clenched against his blue jeans. You could see the tendons in his hands and Alice knew that she had to stop him before he made a huge mistake. If he swung first, he would be expelled for fighting and our school had the no tolerance whatsoever policy.

Alice quickly got out of her seat and tried to grab Jace’s arms, but he gently pushed her away. He turned to her and cupped her face. “He shouldn’t be allowed to talk to you like this. He has to learn that he needs to respect women.”

The girls in the class awed at the sight of them causing Alice to blush. She put her hand over his and stared straight into his beautiful gray blue eyes. “You don’t need to be the one to teach him. Come on, Jace. You know the policy, you’ll get expelled and I don’t want to be the cause of it.”

Her green eyes never wavered from his and she saw the resistance start to break in his eyes. She brushed the back of her hand against his cheek and watched for him to calm down again. He eventually did and he placed his hand over hers, smiling softly at her. “Always so worried about me, yet you would the same thing I’m trying to do.”

She grinned,” Yeah, but I’m a girl so technically if he hit me I wouldn’t get in trouble for hitting him.”

Jace shook his head in amusement before turning back to Alec, who had a smug grin on his face. Alec smirked,” Oh, is someone whipped? I bet you’re one of her pals if you know what I mean.” He wiggled his eyebrows in a suggestive manner, causing his whole face crimple into a funny manner.

Alice giggled slightly but then stopped when she noticed Jace fixing to nail him in the face. She lunged forward and grabbed his forearm, stretching out her small arms. “Man, shut up before I shut it for you.”

Alec replied rather smugly,” How are you going to hit if you can’t even get her hand from holding you back?”

Mr. Harrison finally looked up from his desk, seeming to only notice the fight about to break out. “Alec! Are you causing trouble, boy?”

Alec’s face turned to shock, knowing he was caught. “No, sir.”

Mr. Harrison grumbled under his breath and pulled a detention slip out of his desk. “Come on up here, boy. Come get this detention.”

Alec glowered at Alice,” This isn’t over. Alice. I’ll see you during third block.” Then he walked up and waited rather impatiently for Mr. Harrison. His blond hair was ruffled and his small muscled build was held taunt against his frame. He was obviously not happy with Alice getting to upstage him in a way.

Jace just took a deep breath and sat back down facing Alice. “I swear one of these days; I’m going to nail him in the face. I wish you would quit stopping me.”

Alice smiled,” Why waste a good punch on a shallow guy?”

He mumbled something inaudible before having Mr. Harrison slap down his schedule on the desk. Then Mr. Harrison moved on to Alice’s desk and put hers down gently on the desk on front of her.

Alice scanned down her classes finding that she would have some of the classes she really wanted. She perched over Jace’s shoulder and peered down at his schedule. They had first, third and fifth block together which pleased Alice since she would get to see Jace for most of the day, considering there were only six blocks a day.

Jace playfully slapped at her,” Will you quit reading over my shoulder?”

Alice pouted,” I was just trying to see what classes we have together.” She pretended to be really upset so she sat back in her seat and crimpled her face up like she was fixing to cry.

He just smiled at her,” I’m not falling for it, Alice.” Then he started poking her in the sides, wanting her to smile again. Jace didn’t understand why he felt the need to make her so happy when in the past; his other girls friends didn’t matter. He just shook himself from his thoughts and returned his attention back to a very unhappy Alice.

She grumpily said,” You know I hate it when you randomly jab me in the sides.”

Jace just laughed,” Whatever, you were totally laughing I don’t want to hear it.”

She stuck her tongue out at him and turned around to talk to Jessie. Jace just smiled at how cute his best friend was. She looked absolutely gorgeous today, but she seemed like she decided to really dress up this year. Usually, Alice wore her favorite choices, which were blue jeans and a clean t- shirt.

Alice kept sneaking glances at Jace, who was admiring her or so it seemed. She thought,” I wonder what he’s thinking about…”

Jessie cleared her throat,” Alice, are you even listening me?”

She guiltily answered,” Yes, sorry I was distracted.”

Jessie just shook her head," Girl, you've got it bad."

Alice asked, as she picked at her nails while she tried to keep her mind on the conversation. "What do you mean by ' you've got it bad'?" She used her hands to put air quotes around the words 'you've got it bad.'

Jessie said, while staring ahead at Jace. “You like Jace a lot, like in a boyfriend material way."

Alice quickly shook her head in denial, causing her brown hair to swish around her head. “No way! He's just a good friend."

Jessie just grinned in a knowing manner before snatching her schedule. "Well, it looks like we have first and sixth together."

Suddenly, the principal came over the intercom. "All students must report to their second blocks. All students to second block please."

Everyone got up and started shoving for the door, all wanting to get away from Mr. Harrison. Alice just stood back and waited for the crowd to get out the door before braving the halls. She walked with her arms folded over her chest, holding her books and her head down so nobody would take notice of her. Alice wasn't exactly anti-social but she didn't want to interact with other people who didn't give a care about what she had to say.

She sat down in the back of her second block, letting her books fall on the desk top as she turned her attention to one of the windows. It was a pretty late summer day, the sun above the green grass while the little toddlers from the elementary school played on their playground.

Alice tapped her fingers lightly against the table as she let her thoughts run away with her. Jace and his almost fight with Alec, and how Jace tried to stand up for her honor. Alice began to blush as she remembered the feel of his calloused hand on her cheek.

"Miss. Brooks, would you mind coming back to this dimension?" Mr. Ray winked at her as reprimanded for her letting her thoughts run away.

Alice grinned at him, glad she had him for her math teacher. "Yes, sir." She quickly grabbed one of her mechanical pencils and started on her notes.

Soon the bell rang, after Mr. Ray assigned about a hundred problems for homework. Kids had complained but not Alice, she just went ahead and started her work.

Third block was a class Alice had with Jace, which happened to be physical ed. Alice went straight into the locker room and stripped down to her undergarments. She pulled some white basketball shorts and a matching shirt then quickly got out of the room as it filled up with some really obnoxious girls from her year.

As she found her way onto the floor, a body flew on top of her causing her to be crushed to the ground. And who did it just happen to be? Of course, it would be Alec. He smirked at her,” Did you miss me, sweetheart?”

Alice wrinkled her nose at him in disgust but walked away rather gracefully. She didn’t want to put up with him. She sat down on the bleachers that were across from the gym teacher’s door so that if something happened, he would see it. A bunch of students rolled out of the changing rooms and grabbed basketballs from the racks underneath the goals, obviously ready to enjoy gym class.

Alice just watched the boys pair up into the teams and go out it. Jace looked up at her and flashed a beautiful white smile. She waved at him and continued to survey the people around her. She always seemed to watch the world around yet she wasn’t an active participant.

Suddenly, a ball came slamming into the side of her head causing her to fall over slightly before she regained her balance. Her head felt like an explosion had gone off inside it. Jace’s face was in her vision had saw his lips and knew he was talking but she couldn’t understand exactly what he was saying. The sounds just seemed to blend together, causing a whirling sound in her ears.

Everyone was staring at her, mouths gaping open in horror. Alice gingerly touched her head and felt a huge bump just below her left ear. One word passed through her soft, pink lips before she fainted against Jace. “Ouch.”

Jace caught Alice against his chest and then glared at Alec who was innocently watching from afar. Just the sight of him made Jace’s blood boil. That dumb ass just physically attacked Alice and where was Coach at? He was sitting in his office watching some cheap porn and jacking off.

Jace gently lifted Alice up, bridal style, and walked down the steps, toward the nurse office. When he passed by Alec, he spat words of hatred at him. “You are going to regret this, Alec. Watch your back.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Many of you might be asking," Why the heck hasn't Jace just kicked Alec's ass?" And my answer is that you'll just have to wait in good time to figure it out. How did this chapter come out? Hopefully it didn't sound forced. I really did enjoy writing this, and I'm actually quite proud of it :) Anyway, please give me some feedback and help me to my goal of 50,000 words before November 30th :)
--butterflywings16